1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Canon Characters in their proper Houses

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Ph34r_n0_3V1L, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

I've always liked that version of 'Puff house that indicates that their animal was actually a wolverine.

2. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Methene, that contradicts the rest of that segment of your post; you should probably correct that.

On the subject of Canon!Harry: Yeah, he was completely ruined by Ron; if it weren't for that useless sack of shit, Harry would have been a far better wizard. Hell, if he had made friends with Hermione initially (as opposed to Ron), he'd essentially be a Ravenclaw. Considering what Ravenclaw house represents, and what his challenge is...that would really be for the best. Fuck bravery, fuck chivalry. Harry has to face off against Voldemort; what he needs is some fucking knowledge, or he won't stand even the remotest chance.

In regards to the houses the characters really belong in:

Harry - Depends on who he makes friends with initially. Ron made him into a Gryffindor, Malfoy would make him a Slytherin, Hermione would make him a Ravenclaw, and there's probably someone on the train (Neville, maybe?) who would make him into a Hufflepuff.
    Hermione - Ravenclaw.
    Ron - Gryffindor, if only because he doesn't suit any of the other houses even remotely.
    Luna - A bit of a tossup, really. She values her friends immensely (her room in DH shows this), so Hufflepuff is good for her. On the other hand, she does seek knowledge (if strange knowledge), so she does belong in Ravenclaw, also. All things considered, though, she would probably be better off in Hufflepuff.
    Neville - Slytherin - See The Doctor's post below.
    Ginny - Gryffindor; see Ron.
    Draco - He just doesn't really belong anywhere, so he may as well go where his father wants him.

Now, I just know I'm forgetting someone, but I don't really care. This will suffice for now.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  3. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

Neville thought he'd be a 'Puff because he was stupid.

I'd actually go against the grain and say he's a Slytherin: his greatest desire is to live up to the standard of his "hero" father. If that's not ambitious, then I'll eat the Sorting Hat.

4. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Not to mention to defeat Bellatrix Lestrange. I concede that point to you completely, and as such, will edit that post to reflect this.

5. Methene

Methene Auror

I misstyped, I swear I didn't mean it as some strange irony!:)

6. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I figured as much. I was just pointing it out, since no one else was.