1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Celestial Requiem by Raven Dragonclaw - T

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Feoffic, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Dark Lord Shabranigdo

Dark Lord Shabranigdo Fourth Year

I like this fic a lot, but I'm not so sure about Herman joining Harry in his subtle rebellion. He does a pretty good job with it, though. I suppose Hermione makes more sense than, say, Ginny.

2. Subcomandante_Taco

Subcomandante_Taco Seventh Year

Looks like Dragonclaw's going to start updating again, and he will start to rewrite Celestial Requiem! This is definitely one of my favorite stories, and I look forward to the new rewritten version.

3. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

Oh, I really wish He/she doesn't do that. The whole charm of the story lies in the manner in which they defy convention. 11 is far too young for that sort of radical thinking and eloquence of expression, hell even 15/16 is pushing it.

4. Kardikek

Kardikek Groundskeeper

I just started and finished reading this piece a while ago given it had 5/5 at the time of my posting.
    It was an interesting and original concept although in the end it just ended up as annoying me and I half-fastforwarded through the last chapter.
    Once a minor point annoys me it won't stop annoying me and it will keep annoying me until the entire fic is ruined.

It annoyed me that none of the journalists have seemed to have any point other than speaking their mind. Obviously this is what a journalist does but I'd have expected Harry atleast to use this for something. Defeat of Voldemort, the liberation of himself as an adult, the humiliation of the Dursleys, miscrediting his antagonists, something! Why does he write? Their musings are merely philosophical statements and vague questions. Granted the wizarding world might not be the broadest of cultures in that region so their words might ring fresh.. But! In the muggle world where thoughts of good and evil, love, hope, purpose of life have been debated and recorded since the greeks I personally fail to see how their words would strike any impact what so ever. It's neither new or refreshing enough to warrant such popularity, just another one of those columns only those interested in the particular subject bothers reading while glancing through the international and national news. Their views are nothing earth shattering, it's what you'd expect from the mind of teenagers with an above average exciting life. I'd think the story would have been better if he could have incorporated only vague references to the actual columns and focused more on other events but oh well.

Which brings me to point two, everyone's an idiot. Anyone with half a brain and access to the student enrollment list would be able to pinpoint within a few students whom would be most likely to be this mysterious Harrisson. And it truly boggles me given his apparent popularity that nobody would. Say gossiping around who'd be the most likely to be Harrison at Hogwarts but instead we just hear how hawt he is.
    - Harrison is in a/several advanced newt classes along with his female friend who also partakes in one/several advanced newt classes.
    - Harrison is a halfblood, his female friend a muggleborn.
    - (Clue for the order), Harrison has an aunt, an uncle and a cousin.
    - (Possible clue for Snape/order) He might have seen what personal life Harry does mention in his occulumency lessons, might not.
    An outsider could narrow down the search to perhaps 5-6 at worst, the correct two at best. Dumbledore would have no choice but to narrow it down to the correct two, same for Snape.
    Of course we're assuming everyone's equally stupid in that Harry doesn't spread any misinformation nor do we expect the others to assume he has.

So there he sits in his safe Hogwarts. He could do great and terrible things you know, just follow Hitler's example. While continuing to voice his propaganda in a sea of governmentally controlled propaganda, be more outspoken, more public, urge to the primal needs of the people. Comfort, safety, future stability and overtake the ministry while using death eaters as an escape goat, hell they are already marked. What better minority could you choose to persecute?
    And the rest would be.. history.

Don't personally see what the rave is about this fic. 3/5.

5. Coyote

Coyote He howls n' stuff

Interesting concept. Not too terribly great execution, but still fairly fun. Certainly beats reading a lot of the shit that's clogging the intarweb tubes.

3/5? 4/5? 3.5/5? 3.14/5?

Don't really know. Point is, it's decent, and I am somewhat curious about if the rewrite will be any good or not.

6. Kardikek

Kardikek Groundskeeper

Oh yeah, forgot another clue!
    Any name using "Evans", "James", "Harry" or whatever painfully obvious deviations from it is one big spotlight telling everyone; Here be the secret alias of Harry Potter