1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Crucio!

Discussion in 'The Humor Mill' started by Midknight, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Rofl...

3. DaytonDeusBlack

DaytonDeusBlack Seventh Year

Hehe...cool.

4. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

lol.

I'm torn.

Should I laugh uncontrollably?

Or should I wallow in self-pity.

Or I should just keep arguing the fine points of either choice with myself. Yes. That'll work.

5. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Oh man.... *laughing* the flashbacks. Get almost every 1-5th grader in the school hooked on Pokemon, and you get people trying to `use` them..... *laughing*

6. Silent

Silent Kinky Wench

*snickers* Wow... that's too good..
    I remember that! People would have fake Pokemon duels in the halls for hours... I got so bored as the referee...

7. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

o god...pokemon...that was the shit back then...from gameboy to cards...if you did something that had nothing to do with pokemon you were a loser...oddly enough thinking about pokemon now makes you feel like a loser.. :?

8. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Oh... lets not forget the money wasted... jesus I mustve racked up atleast 300$ between the GB, GBC and the pokemon games [ red, yellow, blue, gold, ruby ] not to mention atleast 200 something cards... *feels incredibly foolish*

Then Yu-Gi-Oh came along.... * hangs head in shame * another 100-150...
    Oh man..... I use'ta invite friends over to have `fake` ones.. [ mind, I was like 8... ]

9. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

O_-... thats... pathetic... he didnt even have the proper form >_> ... how he expected it to work is beyond me...

*still plays Pokemon GB games* >_<

10. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

*so does xiph0*
    (woo-hoo, 3rd person)

I stopped buying the nintendo handhelds after the GBC, and since all I really bought was the pokemon games..

11. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

the concept was good back in the hethen days of old where the pokemon were actually based off of real/mythological creatures..... and yes, I did play the games, and collect the cards, until I was something like in what, 4th grade? Then I sold all my japanese cards to the local hobby store after I checked the prices on ebay.

Totaled with the Yu-Gi-Oh cards, I musta made over 500 bucks... hehe. That covers the original cost pretty well, and I only sold the holographic ones.

12. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I used to play pokemon on GB. I have like all of those old ones, lol. They are at the bottom of a box somewhere around here.

13. DaytonDeusBlack

I bought a gameboy colour and Pokemon Yellow and Crystal only to discover later that you could play the games on an emulator on the comp From then on, I've downloaded every Pokemon game and finished each one of them about 50+ times.
    I still play GBA games in ROM format on the comp though not Pokemon...

14. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I have to say ROMS are highly useful .... Of course I did delete my roms after 24 hours ...<_< ..>_>

15. Miss Selarne

Miss Selarne Sixth Year

I think I've still got my pokemon cards sitting in a box somewhere. My brother dug them out last week and forced me to play. He still collects Yu-Gi-Oh though. Pokemon games? Sitting on my comp right now. Haven't looked at them in forever but they're there.

16. Midknight

I bought a GBC and Pokemon blue or red, right after I got married in 98 b/c my newborn son was addicted to watching the TV show. Hell sometimes it was all you could do to get him to go to sleep or drink his bottle.

I'd sit him on my lap and play while he dozed. I got a decent PC later on, and downloaded all the Poke-ROMs and emus and played them for a bit with our next son as well.

Never got into the card games, only card game I got into was Magic TG, but hell that was only b/c it seemed like that's what all our customers we had coming into our coffee shop were playing, and I got into it just to beat the snot out of them all, lol.

17. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Yah, I `inherited` a shoe-box full to the brim with Magic cards, but it was never my thing. Yu-Gi-Oh had seemed fun, so I have a pretty logical 41 card deck that I still believe can pwn many people.

18. Midknight

I'd piss the college kids at the shop off. I had a evil deck that'd force you to discard cards, and for each card you threw out you'd take 1 damage. I had a ton of cards that did this effect, as well as a few cards that temp. gave me 3+ mana each time I played one. Couple that with a artifact that was reuseable that let me do X damage for each mana I paid, and direct damage spells to player AND creature, it was almost unbeatable. I believe one of the champions put together a similar deck and called it headache or migraine based off of similar technique. The only difference mine used cards across the whole lifetime of the game, so I had some seriously unbalanced shit in there from the first few editions, heh.

19. DaytonDeusBlack

I am playing Duel Masters on the GBA now. I swear it is the most irritating card game ever!

20. Kari Black

Kari Black DA Member

Someone earlier mentioned that they still play they games. I do too. Really makes you feel like a dork, huh?