1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Curing the Addiction - Diablo 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Anarchy, May 13, 2013.

1. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

So, Diablo 2 ladder resets tommorow, and I plan on playing it. I'll be on USeast if anyone wants to join me casually. I don't know what account I'll be using yet. I work full time so I won't be able to go straight from normal to hell baal in a single day.

But I do like to level my first character legit (for the most part), no rushes, so I'll be finding every part of khalim's flail and trudging through swamps filled with exploding dolls. And I will be cutting my wrists as I burrow through the maggot lair.

Anyone is welcome to join me. I don't care if you have a character at 80, and make a second character to play with me, or a third, but I'm not going to be fighting mephisto well a bunch of level 20s sitting in town, just increasing the difficulty one me without helping.

Once we are high levels, I won't mind exchanging rushes for your character in exchange for one for mine.

I haven't decided what class I'm going to make yet. The right choice is to usually make a sorceress the first go so you can MF and rush easier, and work your way to something like a hammerdin if you plan on playing the game for awhile. There's very few classes I haven't played, foremost of which is a lightningzon, which might be my second character, or maybe first. If I get my hands on an Enigma in a few weeks, I'll make a windy druid or bone necromancer.

2. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Sure, I'll join ya. Just lemme know when you're on.

Account name is as always, NuitTombee.

3. Anarchy

So, It's official. For the first time in 12 years, I can't find my battered discs! I tried to download it with my battlenet account, but I can't figure out a way to do it without paying if you have a cdkey.

4. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Do you have your CD key? Your post is a bit confusing on that issue. The CD key should be all you need.

If you do have it, log into your battle.net account (battle.net -> Account), then mouseover Games & Codes, and hit "Add a Game Key".

From memory, this is the way to do it.

5. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

No I had this problem last year I think. Your hard copy CD key doesnt work for your digital download, I looked. For one, the amount of characters are different, one is like 20 and the other 24. Was very lame, so unless they fixed it I just bought the digital copy, so much simpler from now on. When I need my yearly fix, just download, quick and easy.

6. TSN

TSN Auror

how far along are you? i might just join you guys on it.

7. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Hrm, that can't be true for everyone then. I was able to add the Diablo 2 CD key, multiple times. The second copy was because I bought the Battle Chest for the LoD expansion CD, which also added just fine. Not sure what happened in your case.

We've not started, or at least I've not. Dunno about Anarchy, he's not told me about it if he has.

8. Anarchy

Haven't started yet, I just go home.

9. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Just started in USwest if anyone is interested. In game name is Hyphenated.

10. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Anarchy and I are in a game on USEast.

Game: darklordpotter
    Password: dlp

11. Anarchy

So Nuit and I played for around 2.5 hours. We just killed summoner before calling it a night. We both finished up at level 18. He shoots stuff with big festering arrows, and I'm shooting stuff with explosive fiery balls of doom. No real gear to speak of yet, I think a lot of my stuff is still whites. I know we could have leveled faster if we just did trist runs from 1-15, tomb runs from 15-20, then travincal runs to 25 (or cows, but the highest level when we started was only like 20, no one's killed baal yet, but I'm sure there will be people in hell by this time tomorrow). Instead we got to have a lot of fun running through maggot lair, and tomorrow will be the super fun trip to travincal.

One thing I did notice. I guess it only took 12 years, but you can finally respec in the game, once per difficulty. sweet.

12. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Chaos runs are all the rage now, well they were a year or two ago. 1-85 in a couple hours.

13. Anarchy

Well, the ladder just reset so there's no one at the level to run people through, let alone geared enough to do it with a bunch of level 1s. That's why I like ladder resets, because you actually have to play the game for the first few days to get anywhere.

Also, note to Nuit: We forgot to do Radamant. I completely forgot about him until I was on the way to work this morning.

14. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

I was going to ask about Radament, but then I forgot as well. :p

15. Rym

Rym Auror

Yeah, they added that a patch(es) ago I think - after I stopped playing. Also, I'm not entirely sure, but I think they got rid of Oblivion knights in Chaos sanctuary in this newest patch -- no more Iron Maiden nastiness.

I'd play with you guys, but that would be the end of me. Plus, I don't own a PC anymore.

16. Anarchy

The Iron Maiden curse was removed the last time I played (2 years ago maybe?) but I don't remember respecs at that time. I think they were added from the patch right before D3 came out, but I don't remember. Mercs getting OHKO'd in CS was annoying as hell, so that's still a good change.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can play the game on a Mac as well (if that's what you meant by not having a PC)

---------- Post automerged 05-16-2013 at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-15-2013 at 09:28 AM ----------

We did fairly well last night. We killed Mephy, Diablo, and ancients, and did a few baal runs, leaving us at a little above level 30. I foresee more baal runs in the future to prepare for Nightmare. Haven't gotten too much in the way of drops (magefists please), though I did make a leaf runeword staff which is pretty good, though it's no double spirit.

---------- Post automerged at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

I guess my addiction is only getting worse. I have rediscovered my old d2jsp account - 8 years old and 3,000 posts makes it older than 99% of the accounts there.

17. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Heh, my d2jsp account is only 3 years old with 3 posts. :p

Btw, I leveled my Zon to 35 and made a Druid as well. He's at 25 so far.

18. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Slug Club Member DLP Supporter

I might join in on this parade, I'd have to find my discs again, haven't played in about 5 years. Might try and rebuild my barbarian, two lightning swords plus whirlwind makes mincemeat of everything.

19. Anarchy

I think my guy is at 33. I plan on playing a lot tonight, and work can't end soon enough. I don't work friday's but I do play in FNM. Of course, the weekend will be nothing but D2 I'm sure.

I can't decide what my second character will be. I'm sort of thinking smiter for uber trist, or a javazon since I've never made one, or a lightning trapsin since I have a lot of fond memories. If I ever get to the point of getting Enigma, then that'll open up windy druid and bone necromancer (and hammerdin)

20. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Heh, Wind Druid is now 38 46.

Last edited: May 16, 2013