1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

CyberNations

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Xiph0, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Alright, making a new thread since the old one is dated. This is a fun little game we've been playing for a while now. If you've played NationStates, it's a little like that (it was somewhat ripped off from it) with more emphasis on nation building and war. Our alliance there has been up and running for four years now (we're coming up on the anniversary) and I encourage anyone looking for a good time kill to check it out - our alliance forums and DLP are the things I tend to check obsessively all day :awesome

Once you make a nation, make a forum account and apply here. It's a formality but it lets us get some important contact information. I should say IRC is pretty highly encouraged, and you should talk to me (or anyone else in GOD) in #darklordpotter if you have questions about the game or are joining.

2. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Tempted to get back into this. It's been an age since I played. :/

3. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Haha, yeah. Like I was telling you on IRC, it's really not that overlapped with DLP like it was at some points back in the old days. We might have ~40 people on in our member channel and maybe 10 of them will be in #dlp. The communities have diverged in a big way [and for the better imo] the more established GOD has gotten, so the forums and such aren't just threads being copied back and forth, and the user base is different, etc.

It's similar mentality wise, GOD is still derived from here, but it's a distinct community at this point.

4. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

Have they done any updates in the last year or so? I think I stopped back in '09, but if they've expanded the game a bit it might be worth my time to get back into it.

5. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Mars and Moon bases, and the ability to select your native resources are the only significant things I can think of. I think admin made some slight changes to wine or furs or something to make it slightly less shit.

6. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

The trade/resource thing is probably the big one. We always lost a lot of people because they had to reroll for better resources - that's all fixed now.

7. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Resource swapping is definitely the most welcome change. I remember having to re-roll heaps of times [with a several day? week?] waiting period between each attempt before I ended up with good resources. Now we can change resources every 30 days which not only makes things easier, but also opens up new strategies for alliances and trade circles.

If any of you want to join, I highly recommend getting on IRC. We'll teach you how to build a great nation and quickly boost you up the charts with heaps of funding. With only one turn per day [sort of], it isn't a very demanding game. There's some fantastic people who play it though, and war is always a blast.