1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Dakaath: Prince of Darkness by LT2000 - M/NC17

Discussion in 'Restricted Section' started by LT2000, Jun 7, 2005.

1. yhelo

yhelo Sixth Year

Sorry for the bump here.

I just started reading this and noticed that all the smut is cut out. Is there somewhere besides ff.net this story is hosted on where the smut is actually included?

It is kind of annoying to have to figure out what happened from context clues in the next chapter, and I believe my delicate sensibilities can handle it.

2. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I don't have it hosted anywhere else, and I pretty much cut the smut out because I didn't want to risk getting my account wiped over a fic that I'm no longer writing. And that has happened to other people I know. Trust me, you aren't missing much anyway. That fic's 'smut' was Godawful.

3. yhelo

yhelo Sixth Year

Ah, ok. The fic is pretty damn good though, even if you think the smut was crap.

ff.net really is pretty retarded about their ratings. I've seen some sick shit get through with no problem and then decent stories deleted for minor gore. It's ridiculous.

4. Flaylda

Flaylda Second Year

Agreed. As far as I know, the fate of a 'problematic fic' is very much decided by the readers. If a goodie-two-shoes stumble upon the said fic and they have the righteous will to tell the admins... well, the fic's seeing its end. Oftentimes, though, readers wouldn't bother. For good.

As for the discussed fic... it's fairly good, I suppose, but I lost interest immediately once the smut got too much.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  5. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

This is probably the best H/Multi around in the fandom, it's a shame it got abandoned. Still not leaving a rating, I don't care to reread something that will NEVER get finished.

And yes, I've seen some pretty bad shit on ff.net also. I've stumbled upon at least two fics where Hermione's father rapes her, and one where her babysitter does the deed. Count yourself lucky that I can't leave links, I've pretty much blanked those fics out of my memory.