1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Dancing with Demons by Daystar Clarion - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Janus, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

Title: Dancing with Demons
    Author: Daystar Clarion
    Rating: M
    Chapters: 26
    Words: 154,657
    Updated: September 23, 2012
    Published: November 3, 2006
    Summary: Growing up with a pack of Demons is easy, especially when the older he gets, the more a demon Naruto becomes. But when the pack is killed by shinobi, Naruto vows revenge by learning to use his ever growing Chakra. Meeting team Seven, his journey begins.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3227295/1/Dancing_with_Demons

Demons? Check
    Gore? Check
    Cannibalism? Check

They don't get much darker folks. Daystar Clarion jams the proverbial fork right in the eye of our social niceties with this one.

(^^ Thank you for the quote Howdy)

Checked: September 25, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2012
  2. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

This is just about as AU and OOC as you can get in a Naruto story and still claim to be writing in the Naruto universe.

That having been said, it's certainly an original take on Naruto's childhood and origins that I haven't seen recreated anywhere else worth mentioning.

The sort of story you'll either love or hate, methinks.

3. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

Yeah, especially because a goodly number of people would consider this one serious squick.

I may be apathetic to such things, but vivid descriptions of small children eating people might make me pause.

4. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

I read this story up to a little after Naruto's "family" gets killed and he happens upon Team 7. I stopped because it seemed to be progressing really slowly and not actually going anywhere. From what I remember though, it is very AU, but a nice read if you don't mind the gore.

5. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

Most people consider that the turning point of the story actually. Either you really liked the first part and stopped when it begins to get more pedestrian, or this is where it takes off.

I enjoy it more after he starts playing games with Sasuke and develops an attraction to Sakura.

6. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

I think I stopped a little before that, but considering what you said, I'll probably go back and take another look at it.

7. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

Exxxxcellent

/Burns

8. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

To clarify for those who haven't read yet, his attraction to Sakura has nothing to do with romance, he would like to eat her if he could get away with it.

9. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

Yes, thank you for the point that I was obviously trying to avoid making, what with it detracting from the humor of the situation when it comes up in the story itself.

10. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

If you are going to hint at a pairing that becomes blatantly obvious is not going to happen long before the two even meet, then I am going to "detract from the humor of the situation" so those people who decide on what they will read based on pairings will not avoid the fic for that reason.

11. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

Did you miss the part of the first post that mentioned Cannibalism and Gore? Or read even the intro to the story? It becomes rather clear that its not a romantic fic if you look around. =/

12. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Brilliant fic that had me laughing many, many times... which probably isn't a good sign for my mental health >_>.

Also, I never knew cannibalism could have such amazing quotes :p.

13. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

I'm always amused by Naruto's dialogue. He's got a lot hidden in his words. Character development is great.

The story is simply weird, and I can't really read more than a few chapters before taking a break, but it's a pleasant story, even with all these OCs.

And what's this about romance? I mean Naruto doesn't really understand what 'romance' even is, by evidenced by the latest chapter. At best, this story could be Naruto/Yugito or Naruto/Fem!OC!Demon

14. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

I just watched Woodland Critter Christmas so pardon me for asking, but - are there blood orgies?

15. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

Telling you man, best NarutoxSakura fic ever.

16. Aekiel

High Score:
    Ok, just finished the entire fic and I have to give this a 5/5.

Sunny is a very interesting character and I don't think I've ever seen a story quite like this. The Chunnin Exam arc plot was well done, even if it did mostly follow canon, and Sunny's battle scenes are just incredible. He can lose horribly and it still feels like he's coming off best. He's the undefeatable monster that just won't stay down, and that's a characterisation I really enjoy in Kyuubi!Naruto fics.

The back story is also something that's peaked my interest, with the story of Dyadem's brother (who I think is possibly the Rikodou Sennin of canon) and the Shiki scene in the last chapter it does seem to be heating up.

This is definitely one of my new favourites, and is funny in a way that really appeals to the sadistic side of me. Cannabilism has never been so much fun.

17. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I definitely have to agree with Aekiel this is a 5/5. Sunny's characterization is absolutely the way I think all of these demon!Naruto fics should aspire to be. My favorite thing though would have to be the way the demons in this fic are described, the unatural stillness, the glassy dead eyes, the birdlike movements, it all lends itself very well to paint the image of exactly what Dyadem and Sunny are, monsters trying to play human.

18. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Good story, 4/5.

What makes me lol is the way he seems to be accumulating jewlery. He must have enough necklaces to look like a dwarf Mr. T walking about.

19. Aekiel

High Score:
    Nah, they keep getting burned or stolen.

20. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

I like this a bunch, just wtf is up with Naruto's feather/pretty thing fetish? The first time I was reading, I thought it was a little more effete rather than demonic. However, the characterization of all the demons is really badass. They actually make good characters.