1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Danmachi Memoria Freese

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Thaumologist, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I don't know if anyone else out there is playing this, but thought I'd make the thread anyway.

A gacha game based on the anime/manga/light novel series, Memoria Freese is basically just a re-run through of the storyline of the light novels, so for fans who've read everything, you won't gain much. This does go through the first several books, the Sword Oratoria spin off, and the Episode Ryuu spin off; as well as semi-regular events, with some writing done by the original author. So if, like me, you haven't bought and read everything, you'll gain some extra story. You aren't missing much if you aren't familiar with canon, as it is mostly explained to you, but I've no idea whether this is completely explained to someone without any background knowledge.

The game currently has JP and NA servers, and there's no intention of any further release. That said, APK files are out there for anyone who searches for them. There was a statement that Crunchyroll did not want people using them... But if the game isn't otherwise available, it isn't like you have any choice. I'd advise you not whale too much though, because they did say they only wanted official players.

Missions cost stamina, which regens at a rate of 20/Hour, up to your cap. Levelling up gives you your full bar, and there are items to grant bonus stamina (at a set value, not based on level). These items are 'potato snacks', and are given out pretty freely, coming in at small (50 stamina), medium (60), and large (70). There's also eclaires (100), but those are less common.

I'm going to try and do this without actually directly comparing to F:GO, but I make no promises.

WARNINGS
    1 - Slightly fanservicey material.
    2 - The APK file is pretty big, but then there's more downloads after that, which WILL eat through your data if you aren't on unlimited/Wifi.

>>>Characters<<<

~Units~

Units are pulled from the gacha, and can be 2*, 3*, or 4*. You'll start with the only 1*s in the game, and never draw more copies, gaining them through story quests. Characters gain XP through quests, stats through items, and can go up to Level 60 with a single copy. Each subsequent copy can be used to 'Limit Break' the unit a further four levels, and has a 'Max Limit Break' (MLB) of +5, giving a total level cap of 80. All units can hit this cap, and all units only need a total of 6 copies to get there.

Units come as 'Adventurers' or 'Assists'. Adventurers do the work, Assists give a bonus, and flat add their stats on top of the Adventurer.

Units need levelling up past their initial level cap. For 2*, this is 20. For 3*, 30. For 4*, 40. Further caps are at every 10 levels (so a 2* needs levelling up at 20, 30, 40, 50), and each time to push to the level cap has a new set of stats to unlock. Each level up gets a bigger board, with higher stat gains on each unlock.

Each character has multiple units, but you can (normally) only have one of each character as an adventurer on your team. Characters are only taken from the series, or any colab events (one so far). Expect to see twelve different versions of Hestia, Ais, Bell, and Lili, most of them trash.

This is because nearly every unit that isn't a 4* is crap. A MLB 3* is roughly equivalent to a +2 4*, but has worse attacks, and will have cost materials you could have used elsewhere.

Some 3*s are situationally useful - in one event a week or two back, there was a 3* who could solo... But that's it. Otherwise, the welfare 3* are worth raising simply because they're slightly better than average, and you get them for free. Otherwise, you can mostly throw them away.

Once you get a decent 4*, you can basically clear the early game without hassle.

Using a copy of a unit gives you friendship points. Levelling up friendship gives stat increases, and premium currency (Iris).

~The Gacha~

A single draw costs 40 Iris, and an 11 draw costs 400. All units are available, with Assists being rarer than Adventurers.

Rate-ups are common, as are special banners:
    => Pick up banners have a 'pull 5 times on the 11 draw, and you are guaranteed to get this character on the last draw'
    => Step up banners have 'pull for 200, 250, 300, 350, 400; then repeat a few times times' cost.
    => Scratch banners have a weird scratch off system. Someone else can explain it better.
    => Standard banner is '4* guaranteed on the 1st, 4th, 7th, and 11th set of 11 draw'.

Summoning tickets are common, and come as a 2*, 3*, or 4* minimum. They can only be used one at a time, and will always give you at least what it says, but you can still draw a 4* on a 2*-up ticket. As such, 2* tickets are technically better than 3*, because they're cheaper, and have the same chance of giving you a 4* (and therefore usable) unit.

~Levelling up~

Characters gain XP through going on missions, or they can be fed XP items, up to their level cap. However, most stats aren't tied to levels, instead you have to feed each character different 'falna' to increase individual stats.

HERE is a link to an album of the stat blocks for one 4* I have. As you can see, higher level boards have higher value stat increases - +16 at the lower level, compared to +90 at Limit Break.

Red is Strength
    Blue is Magic
    Green is Agility
    Yellow is Endurance
    Purple is Dexterity
    Black is Skill/Level up

You can only level up at the level cap, and with a full stat block.

Levelling up also requires 'Heroic Falna'. These will be your limiting factor, and slow down your advance. They drop rarely, and are often used very quickly.

Levelling up stats or levels also costs cash (in game). But I've never ran low.

At lower level stat blocks, the actual amount of blocks to unlock is smaller, not just the value in each block. As such, the difference between something at level 20-30 is smaller than 30-40.

>>>Mission List<<<

The game can be split into several sections:

=> Story quests
    ==> Bell's Story
    ==> Ais' Story
    ==> Lefiya's Story
    ==> Ryuu's Story

=> Material Quests
    ==> Stats
    ==> XP
    ==> Cash

=> One Off Events
    => Currently (2018/07/17)
    ==> 'Freese Training' (Ais Challenge)
    ==> 'Fairy Fury' (Lefiya Challenge)
    ==> 'Reports on the Record Holder' (Friendship generator)
    ==> 'Shoreside Swimwear Story' (Swimsuit Episode)

=> Repeated Events
    ==> Rampage
    ==> Record Buster
    ==> Wargames

>>>Mission Info<<<

Missions can be ran with a team of up to 6 Adventurers, each with a single Assist. Four start on the field, as each 'dies', the replacement comes in. You unlock replacement slots at player level 10 and 20.

You can use a friend's unit in the fourth slot of your team, but I've never done so (I don't actually know anyone else who plays)

Each mission comes in Easy/Hard/Very Hard, with an increase in stamina cost, enemy level, and rewards. Clearing a mission gives you 1 Iris.

Each mission has 3 'optional extras', which can be completed for extra Iris. Normally, these are:
    - Complete the mission
    - Without losing a unit
    - Within 9 turns
    OR
    - With [Character X]

As such, you can get a maximum of 4 currency for each mission. This is only the first time you complete each extra task. Clearing all missions in a chapter gives out a 10 Iris reward, and fully clearing all optional extras in a chapter will 's-clear' that chapter, giving a bonus 10 Iris.

~Story Quests~

Each set of story quests follows the main characters of that series, and you get to see shots from the anime. Honestly, if you've watched the show, you can skip most of the cutscenes without missing anything.

Ais, Lefiya, and Ryuu's stories are all locked at the beginning, and you have to progress through them in all in order to unlock. Completing a mission unlocks the next, and completing a 'chapter' unlocks the next chapter, and the same chapter at a higher difficulty, which has higher stamina costs, and higher level enemies.

~Material Quests~

~~Stats~~
    Stat Quests gain 'Falna', which is used to unlock the stat increases. It comes in the previously mentioned colours, and in Small/Medium/Large. Lower level boards need lower level falna (1 small, on a 2* board; vs 10 Large on a Limit Broken board). Each Falna is available twice during the week, and then all are available on Sundays. Units will not gain XP.

You will run out of falna all the time. Until you don't.

You can run these on off-days, but doing so costs a key. You'll get at least one a week, so don't worry about spending it. You'll also have an item to incease drop rate of 'heroic' falna, which you can use once a week. You will always need heroic falna.

~~XP~~
    XP quests are for 'XP books', which come (surprisingly) in small/medium/large, which are only really useful after level 40-50, as before then it can be easily earned through going on quests.

XP quests also give out more XP to units than a normal quest.

You need to use a daily key to unlock these, for 30 minutes.

~~Cash~~
    A higher drop rate of cash, or 'Valis'. Units will not gain XP.

You need to use a daily key to unlock these, for 30 minutes.

~One Off Events~

Events run pretty frequently, either as a challenge quest for extra character tokens, or extra stories. They also generally offer better loot than standard missions, with welfare units, or stat items being common rewards. Also, the missions have the standard Iris reward for clearing.

Most events have at least 12 missions, so generally give out around 200 Iris total for fully clearing. Don't worry about any spare event currency, as you can generally burn all of it for extra cash.

Currently (2018/07/21) there's two events to gain bonds for some of the more powerful units (but not the original unit, so no luck if you haven't pulled them), one to gain lots of friendship boosting items, and the summer event for swimsuit units.

~Repeated Events~

~~Rampage~~
    Take your team, and dungeon dive without healing between missions across 27 floors, with a floor boss at the end. These missions drop crafting materials, which is your best bet for getting a slight edge in the rest of the game. The series resets about once a month, and whilst you won't get the standard Iris for clearing each mission, you'll still get a decent amount as quest clear rewards. You get three heals a day, which can be used on ALL units selected, and can change the units in your line-up once a day.

Each season has new crafting items added, and new equipment to make. Making that seasons equipment gives out more Iris.

~~Record Buster~~
    Can you survive 15 rounds? Gain points based on your damage output, and how long you manage to survive. Each event lasts a week, with rewards (Iris) handed out at the end of that for your score on the global and group leaderboards.

Alternates with Wargames.

~~Wargames~~
    Spend a ticket (regens every 30 minutes) to have a fight against a similarly scored team, gaining points for a win. More points takes you up in ranks, with the higher ranks giving better rewards (Iris) at the end of each season (about a week). PvP, but only ish, because both teams are AI controlled - you chose what sort of attacks you want your units to do, and hope for the best.

Alternates with Record Buster.

>>>Dailies<<<

There's a daily sign in bonus, and often events have their own added on top. You'll get 30 Iris, 1 stat key, 1 XP key, 1 eclaire, and 1 Hero Falna a week (I think).

There's actually rewards for playing every day - about 20 Iris, 30,000 cash, and 3+ potatoes.

To get all the dailies, you need to:
    Run a story quest
    Run a falna quest
    Run a valis quest
    Interact with units on the home screen
    Level a unit

There's then secondary dailies, which give out more potatoes, gold, and 'alarm tokens' (for the in-game alarm clock, which is only in Japanese)
    Clear a level in Rampage
    Run 5 Wargames / 1 Record Buster
    Run 1/3 [Event] Quests

This can all be done quite stamina-cheaply, and runs a net-positive with the potato gains. Clearing the normal dailies takes less than five minutes, and the secondaries can be done in 15 minutes.

>>>Combat<<<

Each mission is ran with up to four Units (Adventurer + Assist if available) on the field, and up to two in reserve.

Attack order is decided by Dexterity (magic basically always goes last), and different attacks are granted by levelling up. Most 4* units have a combination of AoE and ST attacks, and some have heals/buffs/debuffs. Each attack is either Lo/Mid/Hi/Ultra, which gives a multiplier to the attack stat when used. This is why 4* units are so much better - they tend to have more AoE, Hi, and attacks with bonuses than 3* units. All attacks other than the basic one cost mana, which does not regen (unless they have a skill to do so) until the end of the mission.

Each unit gets to make 1 attack, and can counterattack based on stat levels.

Missions are normally 1-3 combats long, each against 1-5 units.

There's an auto-run option, which allows you to move automatically to the next combat. There's also an 'auto-fight' option, which lets the AI select all the attacks for you.

I tend to run the quest once personally, and then let the 'auto-fight' option take it from there for subsequent run-throughs, especially if I'm at work, as I can just select the next quest every couple of missions. The AI doesn't always make the move you'd want it to, but it doesn't actively try to screw you over, so it isn't too bad.

>>>Misc<<<
    There was a 'controversial' issue with Crunchyroll censoring the jiggle mechanics of the NA release. Let's not get into that.

There was also another issue when Crunchyroll did the lotto. Let's not get into that either, and just accept Crunchyroll really screwed up there.

Yes, Crunchyroll also said something along the lines of disabling all non-official versions of the app. But from what I've heard, this is out of their hands, and the devs don't really care (as long as they get money). Just accept Crunchyroll don't really get games.

As you raise friendship with characters, you unlock backstory quests. I've not done any, because I rarely remember. You also get extra quests as you roll additional 'outfits' for each character. Again, I've not done any. But they're another source of Iris.

Don't do single pulls.

I guess let me know if you have any questions? The subreddit's pretty good, and I probably should have just copied a link from over there, but I was halfway through before I realised that was an option.

Friendcode is 2125734943, and I have a +2 Fels. He was my first 4*, and well deserves MVP for being a spooky skeleton.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I tried it for a week, then uninstalled. It follows gacha game formula to a T save for having extremely generous summon rates. Perhaps a little too generous even. I had three excellent 4* chars in like... a day. The only games I've come across that were even more generous were the FF Dissidia: OperaOmni weapon gacha, and the Star Ocean character gacha.

Not much meta game to speak of (basically just nuke shit and hope for crits), but that wasn't a huge deal.

The biggest detractors were A) hella bland chibi sprite animation B) story rehashing and C) incredibly easy content when you have a high level assist (it makes running the first four singularities in FGO with L100 Jalter support seem difficult by comparison).

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018