1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dark!butnotEvil, Grey!You Adventure

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blorcyn, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

Darkbutnot!Evil, Grey!you, but maybe Evil.

Inspired by our very own Taure’s recent Utsane inspired thread after my own choose a magical item thread, I bring you:

In the dead of the night, you've stumbled over something on the floor on your way to the bathroom. You reach down and pick up a wand. Something warm flows over you, and it's not that, it's magic.

The tip of the wand glows faintly and a thin cord of fire whips around your arm, as quick as thought. It binds you to your purpose:

You have magic now. How do you use it to conquer the world? What does that mean to you, and how will the world look after you've finished?

You have five hundred galleons to spend. You are the only wizard in existence... unless you choose otherwise.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Conquistador

Conquistador High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Imperio - 300
    Apparation - 100
    Metamorph Medal - 100

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Definitely want more Wizards. More fun RP with people messing us up, and more money to spend? Win-Win

4. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Drawbacks- Magical fauna in the world and being a wizard without a wand -extra 500.

I'd take a Phoenix, time turner, ravenclaws diadem, a cleansweep, 2 felix felicies, an expandable trunk, boon, billywig venom, philosophers stone.

860 total, I'd give the rest to whoever I'd give the boon too. It'd have to be someone I deeply trust.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  5. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Are yall just gonna pick shit or tell a story. My mans is telling me a story and giving you the ability to pick your load out pretty much, RPG style.

6. kelkorkesis

kelkorkesis DA Member

High Score:
    Capture.PNG
    Can I pick these two so they fight with each other. Maybe pick Dumbledore level ability, team up with young Riddle kill Voldemort and get rid of young Riddle.

7. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh its that type of thread. Okay so, I'd try and start using my items to wrangle magical fauna and flora and break into that market while its just appeared. Stuff like billywigs wouldnt need a wizard to make it into a potion, and I'd capture animals like pygmy puffs to sell for a high price. I'd use the diadem to get rich quick and I would hide and then use the philosophers stone when I'm old.

I would train my phoenix to take me places, and I'd generally spend lots of my time travelling. I picked easy choices to make for a easy fun life, if I were trying to make a proper adventure story based on this I'd probably pick all the downsides. :p

8. Agent

Agent High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Cheat Code 1: Invented Spell. Spell that creates Galleons.

Cheat Code 2: Diadem and Time Turner. Diadem so you have the wisdom to know what the best combination is and Time Turner so you can go back in time and pick the combo.

For real though, I had to force myself not to go for the Voldemort Option cause I'm greedy and wanted more galleons.

Then I realised that there's not many spells I really want or need to know, especially in a world without other wizards.

So I go for the drawback of no wand, bumping me up to 900 Galleons.

My goal? Not King of the World but do what I want, when I want and with no worries.

I spend 100 on Apparition and another 100 on Leglimency/Occlumency. Apparition lets me get away from sticky situations and Leglimency lets me know when those situations happen and who might betray me.

I spend 300 on a Philosopher's Stone. Mainly for the gold aspect so I cam fund my lifestyle. Yeah, I could steal from Vaults with Apparition but I don't want to be that kind of guy.

I spend 200 galleons on a House-Elf to do all the magical stuff I can't do. I also get it to guard my Philospher's stone and act as a kind of bodyguard (Though the stone should fix any attacks I experience).

I also get a Time Tuner as well and go back into the past to avert some disasters. This is assuming the time turner works like in Cursed Child where you can actually change stuff. Incidentally, the first thing I'd do is travel back and make sure Curseed Child is never written.

I get the Elf to guard the Time Turner as well. In the event I die somehow, it can travel back and tell me what not to do.

Leglimency is also going to help me know if the Elf is having treasonous thoughts.

That leaves me about 50 Galleons. Not really sure what I want to do with it. Maybe Mirror of Erised so I know what I need to make myself happy?

Also, great thread @Blorcyn.

9. Conquistador

Conquistador High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Plan: Going Wild
    Then I'm going to amend my vote. If we really want an interesting story, having Voldemort, Tom Riddle, and other wizards is the way to go.

Budget: 500

Voldemort + 1300
    Tom Riddle + 700
    Other Wizards + 200

Budget: 2700

The only way we stand a chance against all these guys is by having Dumbledore powers.

Dumbledore - 1300

Budget: 1400

The three most essential artifacts. Philosopher's Stone because it gives us gold which = money. Less time doing mundane things and more time doing crazy Dumbledore stuff. A time-turner because we might need it, but more importantly an insane Dumbledore plan which involves 2 Dumbledores working together would be pretty epic. The metamorph medal could also lead to some pretty crazy plans and it's only 100 galleons, so we might as well include it.

Time-Turner - 150
    Philosopher's Stone - 300
    Metamorph Medal - 100

Budget: 850

If we want a Dumbledore-esque character, we might as well get our very own Fawkes. The Diadem and Elf would also be useful.
    Phoenix -150
    Ravenclaw's Diadem - 100
    House Elf - 200

Budget: 400

Now to just spend our last 400. This is getting kind of difficult. We don't need a broom because we can already fly. Poison doesn't fit the style I'm trying to develop here. We definitely don't fall under the "ButNotEvil" category if we choose a horcrux.

2 Felix Felicis - 75
    Post Owl - 25

Budget: 300

Now we're in a tough position. We could buy the Imperius, but I feel like we should look down on people who use the unforgiveables. Voldemort doesn't deserve to conquer the world because he is lazy. Killing curses are for minions. That said I have an idea. And it's awesome.

Dragon - 50 galleons. I don't know how we'll control it (or hide it from the general population) but I'm sure someone with Dumbledore's talents could figure it out.

That makes our Budget: 250.

1 boon - 25. We are going to give magic to our most loyal muggle minion. Then, we will have them learn the killing curse and apparation for a total of 200 galleons. An assassin to do the dirty work we're too good to do, completely loyal to us.

That makes our Budget: 25 (with 200 in reserve for our future minion).

And that leaves us just enough to buy an
    Expandable Trunk - 25. Can you really be a grey wizard without one?

Budget: 0 (200 in reserve for our future minion).

Looking back on this plan we're stacked. The drawbacks have given us powerful enemies, but they've also given us a lot of power. A strong protagonist fighting strong antagonists. This is exactly what a Dark!butnotEvil story should be.

@Blorcyn I believe in you. Make this epic man.

10. Blorcyn

---
    I enjoy your answer, it's not that I'm writing your story, more that you're choosing and imagining your own adventure. If you want to write up how you see it going then that's great.

11. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Hmm.

Start with Drawbacks: I'll take Tom Riddle, by himself, other wizards existing, government awareness, and magical flora and fauna.

New total: 1700.

Start with the Diadem, for enhanced wisdom, then the Philosopher's Stone. Even if it 'only' makes gold (does it still make the Elixer? Let's assume not for the moment), that's still valuable, especially when combined with the Diadem, which will serve me well further along the line.

I'd take a 6th year level education - Transfiguration, Charms, DADA, Potions, Care of Magical Creatures, Herbology, Astronomy...History is presumably still relevant in this world where other magical beings exist, so that as well. Maybe Divination. Basically, a solid grounding in all the core areas, and two electives useful for the wider state of things - I'm working on the basis that if I'm paying for it, my education is going to be top notch, and I'll be good at everything, if not exactly a prodigy.

For extra-curricular spells, I'll take Apparition, Legilimency and Occlumency, and Flight. As a 6th year educated wizard without a wand advantage or a piece of his soul in my head, I should probably take the Killing Curse, to better defend myself against Riddle, but I'd like to maintain a more positive image than that.

Besides, I also take the dragon, which I keep as a guard for my headquarters.

Other than that, two doses of Felix Felicis, a Trunk, and a Time-Turner.

I'll have a think about roughly how this would play out and edit in later, but I think that's a good setup.

12. Blorcyn

Apologies. Yes, it still makes elixir, I was just saying gold isn’t galleons, no extra purchasing power.

13. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Drawbacks:

- There are other wizards/witches +200 Galleons.

- Magic has burst into the world. +100 Galleons.

- Electronics no longer work for me. +100 Galleons.

Added to my starting 500 Galleons this gives me 900 in total.

I will choose Auror-level training for 800 and get a Metamorph medal for the remaining 100.

After that it only becomes natural to live peacefully. I'll miss the internet but I'll have magic and there's lots of books to read anyway.

14. Agent

Agent High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just want to point out that in canon, Metamorph medals are fake and don't work. I';m assuming here though that they do and @Blorcyn isn't trying to catch us out.

15. Blorcyn

I think I took all the items from the items thread the week before and Taure specified these were working ones.