1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dave Chappelle

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Redeye, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Redeye

Redeye Penultimate Lurker DLP Supporter

reminds me of the R. Kelly skit.
    "Only thing that'll make my life complete is when i turn your face into a toilet seat!"

2. Ohmamamia_mamamia

Ohmamamia_mamamia First Year

How can you eben associate with music like R.Kelleys. His music si crap. His lyrics are crap. And he himself is shit

3. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

4. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Wow...I am so glad that I never bothered to read Barb's works now. I would have been literally screaming for her blood upon discovering that she turned Cho into a Death Eater.

5. nonjon

Whoops. Didn't mean to go all spoiler-ish on you there, but yeah. You wouldn't like that story's Cho much. Barb's trilogy of Psychic Serpent, Good Intentions, and Triangle Prophecy, was basically the first fanfics I ever read (and I bet they were for a lot of people too). Course I got over my sympathetic Snape and Draco feelings, but I wouldn't be surprised if she did help start the Cho-hating. Come to think of it, even Lori with her Paradigm series, at least at the start made Cho a pretty empty/shallow roommate. Still haven't even read all of that first book, so I could be way off here. But I remember she was all catty and subtly mean to the other girls in the house.

6. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

No, I'm very glad you did. Had I spent a long time reading the fics only to discover THAT, I would have been beyond furious. Not that I ever would have, as I have a vow never to read anything with a Harry/Ginny pairing. All I can do is shake my head at Death Eater Cho. Right, she would join with the organization that murdered Cedric and basically wrecked her life. Makes a lot of sense to me...[/sarcasm]

7. Beelzebu

Beelzebu Guest

eh...the way i c it cho was never in love with cedric...she just made aot of drama cause he dies....ifyou were to give it a few months they would have broken off anyway....and yeah..wow barb was the shit......lol....anyway i think i may kno why you like cho so much....does sumone have an unhealthy fetish for asians?....lol...dont worry we all do to sum extent.....

8. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Too true. The Psychic Serpent Trilogy was the first set of fanfics I ever read, and to this day, The Time of Good Intentions is still one of my favorite stories.

9. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

o_O... does it count shes working with half those idiots in my story?...

either way ive got to agree with you there even if i aint the cho fan you seem to be... glad i havent read those yet...

10. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I respectfully disagree, Chappelle doin R.Kelly, while funny, was typical humor for him. The Wayne Brady skit made me fall out of my chair crying tears of laughter. It was so far out of character for him it was beyond over the top funny. The guy is the blackest rich man you've ever seen, and when he's off screen he does drive bys and is a pimp. Was so unexpected, especially since he acted so homo/normal at the start of the skit. The guy is a damned genius.

11. Antivash

quite argee with you there middy.... Wayne brady is more my style than chappelle...but still ... i dont think either match up to the old In Living Color crew or Chris Rock

12. Midknight

Bah sorry folks I clicked the wrong button it looks like when I split this discussion out of the main thread.

I like both alot, Chappelle goes too far into stupid shit sometimes (blackzilla humping a volcano). Brady is great, his improv alone is the reason we watched "Who's line is it anyway" through it's run.

Chris Rock is incredible too, I love the "Real People of Ignorance" skits, and especially Ball-Mart, but all he seems to do lately is make whiny racist jokes. The man is better then that, saddens me to see him go back to cheap jokes like that. Not to mention I think once you make it as a multi millionaire, you should get tasered in the balls if you even attempt to whine about "the white man holding our people down"

I can look past it for Chris, the man's great, but that bullshit attitude is what keeps me wanting to see Kanye West in a bodybag. As much as that fucker is in Versace or in various Paris fashion shows, to hear him speak one word about racisim makes me want to literally doubletap the )*&@@.

vash for some reason your sig went to shit, I went in and fixed it for you. It was looking like this :::

13. Antivash

o_O... hadnt noticed that when i was here.... many thanks good samaritan...

but yeah.... chris rock got kinda bitchy on the last album..

14. nonjon

After Bring the Pain, and Bigger and Blacker, Chris Rock was hands down my favorite stand-up comedian. His newest one Never Scared didn't kill me as much as those first two, but he's still the best stand-up out there in my opinion. But The Chris Rock Show, from like HBO, never did anything for me.

As for the Wayne Brady skit, alright you convinced me. That's why I left myself an out and said "maybe" at the front. It really is just the most hilariously absurd series to see the family-friendly rich black man, turning all thuggish when the cameras go off. But I still have that damn song in my head from yesterday.

Haters wanna hate,
    Lovers wanna love,
    I don't even want,
    none of the above...

I even found some drunk teens singing the song on google video. Kind of a sad audience, but enh... I won't hold it against Chappelle.

Less than funny teens on a boring weeknight:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8443408577770321947

15. Midknight

Yeah like I said my wife watched his show, we watched him sining to show tune music on Who's Line.. he's just the whitest black guy ever. Like Moony said on Chappelle, Wayne Brady makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X. (funny ass line btw)

To see him come out like that was just... I'm lmao now thinking about it. Watch the behind the scenes footage of that scene on CC's site you linked to, the guy is freaking trying so hard to find a way to not connect smacking with women. "pop a person, smack a person, clip a bitch." It's funny to watch how uncomfortable he is.