1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Rising 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Midknight, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Maybe the AI just seems better because I mash "follow me" all the time. I dunno.

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I'll have to try that. Constantly, or just once? I usually just hit it once, but I have noticed if I hit it again it tends to wake them the fuck up.

3. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I don't even really do it because it helps or anything. Maybe it does, I just know I don't have much issue when I'm mashing the fuck out of the follow me button.

I haven't tried NOT mashing the button outside of the few instances I needed to set a waypoint to go do something.

4. Midknight

Did some more modding and tweaks. Finally someone figured out how to get rid of the intro movies.

Gotten further along in the story after spending awhile using the time reverse cheat to keep it 8am on the first day. Suddenly I feel like the game is rushing by, it seriously can't have more then 6 hours give or take of actual story mode. That's insane. Once I stopped time cheating, I got a bunch more missions for survivors and psychos started showing up.

What the fuck were these guys thinking making some of them so stupid hard? I can wade through a pile of zombies, the gun wielding mercs, but a chef with a knife or a fat dude with a tiger can take multiple dynamite shots to the face with little damage. Slappy only got taken down by me spanning in circles with the chainsaw, because the flamethrower and merc guns did fuck all damage to him.

Speaking of the chef, I had a group of like 5 people following me when I accidentally ran up to him. I managed to get them to safety and stick a helicopter with machetes outside of their food court hideout so they'd be safe when I went and fought the chef. Managed to kill the bastard, retrieve the folks, and then had them all defect on me when they got knocked down by the guitar amp. How fast they defect is insane and needs to be tweaked.

5. Solomon

Solomon Heir

They defect when they get low on health, don't they? Regardless, all you really need to do to keep your survivors safe is keep them bunched up and give them weapons that are OK. Like a handgun or a knife or something.

For the Chef, the best strategy is to give the survivor on the roof across the lot an LMG or some other gun (can be found in several places, notably on the tall machine in the Yucatan) and beat on him with knife gloves. If you're dying too quickly, bring a Painkiller (Beer/Whiskey + something else).

What level are you, Midknight? I found after I reached roughly level 25 that the psychos were pathetically easy. Well, most of them. Some were iffy. Then I gained more levels and they became pathetic too.

EDIT: I'm not even joking about how easy they are, by the way. I could probably take down most psychos without weapons right now (I'm level 50).

6. Midknight

I dunno I've had them defect on me at half health, and even one at 75% so it's got to be more how often they get hit, then just low health I guess. I stopped giving them guns, they wound up shooting me more often then not. I found that in order to have any hope of dragging a bunch of them to safety at once, I need to leapfrog them. Send them to a corner, and then clear, then bring them up.

I think I'm lvl 20 or so. Weapon loadout is Blambow, the flaming bull skull for the run speed increase, Merc rifle, knife gloves, laser sword, hammer+ax combo, chainsaw (which I keep pretty much just for combining, and since it seems to work better on bosses) and flamethrower.

Also, I hope they mod the controls for the bike soon, that thing is crazy touchy with controls. It's one of those things that'd probably control better on the console with analog buttons and a stick, then trying to drive it with a keyboard. It really pisses me off that it gets screwed up so easy, I was having fun for awhile after I threw the chainsaw on it.

Also, they need to make it so you can take certain things through doors. I made a blitzkreig, and found I couldn't take it through the door I needed to go through =/

I know about combining stuff in blenders, but where the hell are all the blenders, I wanna make a wingman.

7. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Hmm...you're about the right level to start actually standing a chance against psychos even without psychos. Just be careful about how you handle your survivors. They can be a great bonus, I've heard, but I never brought them with me because, well, I DON'T want them to defect. So I didn't have much issue there. Really, the best thing about being level 50 is not having to worry about survivors anymore.

As per your weapon loadout...that's actually a good set. Defiler and Knife Gloves are both some of the best weapons in the game, and the Blambow is great against psychos if you can keep your distance. The most important part is to keep the psychos on their toes and, given your level, definitely bring a healing item with you. The aforementioned painkiller is fucking excellent.

Oh, also, as per the bike: the controls aren't an issue for me since I AM on the console, but to make it more durable, pick up the Biking magazine. It can be found here. I think that's Slot Ranch's security room.

Oh, and you can make your survivors more effective using the Leadership book in the Silver Strip's "One Little Duck Bingo" store.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  8. Midknight

Really? I found it just bounces off them to the floor, and barely does any damage. The chef for example, it made hardly a sliver come off, but the chainsaw made him drop fast. Same with the guy in the wedding chapel.

9. Solomon

Solomon Heir

There is not a whole lot of room in the chapel for the blambow. You're likely to hit yourself.

Most ranged weapons are a little weak, but the important thing is they're ranged. The blambow is decent because it's ranged and has AOE (also good at dealing with groups of zombies for this same reason).

The chef you should deal with using knife gloves and the survivor across the area with an LMG.