1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Death Eaters 3 | No One Wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Ash, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Ignoring the fact that once again you didn't give any reason as to why we should believe that you're town, first of all, yes there has been somebody defending you, Klackerz, in fact I've mentioned that multiple times which you've conveniantly forgotten to mention. Also, I have to say that I'm impressed by the fact that the entire reason why you're 99% sure I'm scum is because of the fact that it couldn't possibly hurt.

And Castiel, not sure if you noticed but Kalas was talking to Klackerz, not me, since as soon as I saw that Schrodinger had role claimed Auror, I rescinded the vote, unlike Klackerz who wanted us to lynch him anyway.

2. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Why should we believe you're town?

Why should we believe I am not?

Auror cleared me, I have better chances of being town than anyone here.

klackerz thinks it unlikely for me to be scum. I am surprised more people don't think that way and why most think the other. Stupidity is not scummy. Stupidity is an option for the scum to argue against pro-town players. Which is what you seem to be doing.

No, it is not the entire reason. The main reason is that you have been after me madly. I mean I get it I made stupid posts but you seem so sure that I am guilty I feel you are scum trying to waste this lynch and making the town lose.

Fuck me. Ignore that.

Silens: I still think we have a better chance at lynching mishie. But if all the people agree to vote for someone else I will. DO NOT change your vote unless everyone agrees.

I just checked and with Kalas's vote we have 6 against mishie. Exactly what we need. If we try to switch and even one person doesn't do it, we won't lynch anyone and we lose.

We can do this. DO NOT fuck it up.

3. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That was, as mishie said, directed at.klackerz Cas. Frankly I'm surprised you misread that. Also penny for your thoughts on who's scum outside of mishie.

@Silens: klackerz or Matt. They both stand out.

---------- Post automerged at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

We can either choose a side between these two and bet the.entire game on it or lynch someone we can ALL agree is scum and get another day to plan.

4. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Well, my plan was that if tomorrow we find out mishie is scum we lynch the three guys that did not vote for her.

Right now I think Matt or Seratin are the most likely to be scum. But a lot less likely than mishie. Hence my reluctance to change targets. We have only ONE shot.

---------- Post automerged at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

And what if the one we agree on is NOT scum?

If mishie were town, the scum would have no problem voting for her. Yet we see only 6 votes, the same amount of pro-town are alive. Why?

If she is town, why don't the three remaining players lynch her? It would end the game, so even if they come under suspicion for doing something like this it will NOT matter.

5. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

Uh, Castiel, not exactly. If we lynch a member of the town, the Healer could get lucky and save the one person the Death Eaters target. Sure, it's a 1/5 chance, but it is a chance. Frankly, I think we'd be better off extending the day and getting more people to contribute - like, say, Matt (I saw you lurking, and you haven't posted all day - which makes me think he doesn't NEED to post, because he thinks the town will off one of their own).

Or, then again, here's the other thing - if I simply rescind my vote and refuse to cooperate, the town gets one more day regardless, because a kill during the night gives us five town and four Death Eaters - and likely, depending on who's killed (probably Krogan or myself), we'll have a better idea who's really a Death Eater.

And also, the Death Eaters don't NEED to vote. We're doing a fine enough job killing each other.

6. Koalas

High Score:
    You say that Castiel, yet don't change to a deadline? :/ Its very possible the scum simply.haven't been paying.attention. We've been doing their work afterall.

---------- Post automerged at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

I saw you lurking you

---------- Post automerged at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

I saw you lurking Matt. Post.

7. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

First of all Castiel, I'm a guy, check the gender of the left. Secondly, how on earth is it scummy that I want to lynch somebody who I'm convinced is the dark lord. Third, you've completely ignored the fact that there is at least one death eater in your bandwagon against me and I'm also surprised/relieved by the lack of somebody going in for the kill, hence why I asked for Silens to change to a deadline vote.

Current scum list for me right now would be: Castiel, Klackerz and Matt. As such I really do think that we should lynch one of them today, I've given my reasons as to why I think they're scum, but right now Castiel is at the top.

8. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Rescind Vote

Deadline: mishie

I agree with Silens, we need more people talking.

9. Koalas

High Score:
    Rescind Vote

Lynch : Matt

Three people agree. I'll be back before days end.

10. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Fine.
    I investigated him and got roleblocked night 2 and 3. (ashaya told me now. She thought I'd assume.)
    Matt or Mishie, both have equal scumminess in my eyes.
    Rescind Vote
    DEadline Vote Player: Matt

11. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

Well, since Matt hasn't said anything, I think we have enough to go on here.

Rescind Vote
    Deadline Vote: Matt

12. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

I am well and truly tired of you saying this over and over. DL shows up as town, yes, your playstyle might be unlikely if you were the DL, but that doesn't change the fact that the auror read doesn't support you; if anything, it increases the odds (I'll use the probability you so loved earlier):

1/16 at start of game
    1/7 now, with 6 town dead

wheee, I can show numbers too~!

Matt needs to get in here and defend himself. Day ends at 10 am EST, correct?

---------- Post automerged at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

In fact, since a deadline vote would force the issue...

Silence is damning, for me.

13. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Rescind Vote

lolwut Jangel?For two events to occur simultaneously you multiply their individual probabilities.

So, for me to show up innocent: 7/10
    For me to be dark lord: 1/10

MULTIPLY THEM!

If getting innocent check by Auror raises your chances of being scum wtf is the point of that role?

We need one more lynch to guarantee Matt's lynch. How much time is left?

---------- Post automerged at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

The

"For two events to occur simultaneously you multiply their individual probabilities."

should be

"For two independent events to occur simultaneously you multiply their individual probabilities."

Sorry about that. >_> But the result remains the same.

14. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

We're both wrong, but you're talking nonsense, while I made an error in calculation.

Ten players left. Without an auror read, 4/10 chance of you being scum. With town auror read, 1/7 chance of you being scum.

There's no need, at all, to calculate the odds of both: 1) a random auror check revealing a townie and 2) you being the dark lord, because the check already happened.

It doesn't increase the odds, I'll admit I mathfuxed on that, but it deffo. doesn't decrease them to the point you say they do; furthermore, you've still been suspicious as a motherfuck the whole time, for me, and that hasn't changed.

Now that that's settled...

15. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Welp.

Apologies for the appearance of lurkage, guys, but I was distracted in baking cookies to have caught up with this thread. Then I had to write this.

So now that I am, I suppose I better defend myself, which, of course, will no doubt make me look extra scummy, but I would rather get my thoughts out there than not.

And of course, pointing out that defending myself seems scummy does in fact seem scummy, and pointing that out seems scummier, and saying this when I've already said it before in my last post seems even more scummier, but I think we can call that one unoriginality.

Now, let me tell you all a story. It starts with a mafia game and a bunch of people. There was Dhulli The Stupid, Big Z The That Guy, Lungs The Smoker, Kensington The Asshole Who Seriously Said Deater, Aekiel The Asymmetrical and Anya The Bad Lesbian. What do they all have in common? They're dead. Now, let's examine who's left. Matt Silver The Strange, Kalas The Callous, Silens The TLDR, Seratin The Irish Potato Man, Schro The Unquestionable, Mishie The Fishy, Castiel The WhatTheFuckIDon'tEven, Klackerz The Loudmouth, Jangel The Bo-Jangle Bangle, and Krogan The Other One. Now, this inteprid cast of misfits are supposed to band together to root out the scum, but you know what, you're doing a shit job of it.

'Cause you know why? You're all ignoring the signs that everybody could be scum, and are going after convenient options that could be presented by possible scum. And yes, me going out of my way to tell you all that everyone could be scum is scummy, and pointing THAT out is scummy too, but you fucking know what, every action I've given can be scummy, and so can every single other person's. You want examples?

Klackerz The Loudmouth has been trying to lead lynches, going on and on about how scummy I seem for reasons I don't think he's clearly defined, and really, it feels like he's been trying to lead us and be constantly posting to detract from the fact he lurked at the start. Notice how he, like me, didn't vote for Dhulli on Day One either, but the second it looks like people who didn't vote are suspicious, he throws suspicion on me. Smooth. Now, moving on, Castiel The WhatTheFuckIDon'tEven is, well, WHAT THE FUCK I DON'T EVEN. He says words and look at them, they're just, oozing this weird retardism that could be an act, or some kind of Dark Lord thing; he could be a puppet for a smarter poster, like Mishie The Fishy or Silens The TLDR, who both seem to favour saying a lot and leading without making it look they're leading. And come on, Silens seemed awful quick to turn on me when it looked like he wouldn't have to lynch Cas anymore, and Mishie doesn't seem to have any more votes to his name. How lucky for him. The Seratin The Irish Potato Man is just plain suspicious, and seemed more than happy to vote Schro even after we found out he was apparently the Auror. Let's point out that this is Seratin's like first game, and how easy would it be for a first time scummer to slip up like that, amirite?

Now, that takes me to Schro The Unquestionable, who very conveniently saved himself by roleclaiming Auror. Now, saying that Cas was Town was easy enough, given Cas's stupidity and if there was a real Auror checking him, and he is the Dark Lord, tada! Schro just saved his own scummy skin and the real Auror wasted a check. But hey, that's just a theory, and like all creationists, allow me to reiterate that fact over and over. Schro possibly being scum is like evolution; IT'S SO OBVIOUSLY NOT TRUE. Now, let's move on to Kalas The Callous, and I will say that if he is scum, he's good at it. A good middling player, who posts enough, right, and nobody's seemed fit to point him out as potential scum, except, say, ooh, Silens, just today. Now if I were scum and listing a bunch of names, say, four, I would leave one truth amongst the lies. I dunno, just talking to myself now.

Speaking of lurkers, Jangel The Bo-Jangle Bangle, where the fuck have you been half the game. The only other person who didn't seem to want to show their face, you know, apart from me, was Anya, and look where that got her. Oh and suddenly you want to vote for me because silence is incriminating? Speak for your motherfucking self. And look, you used numbers, congratulations. They always distract people. Now, I just mentioned Anya, so that seems like a good excuse to segue into Krogan The Other One, who, despite being pretty under the radar before now, decides to drop in the fact he's an Order Member today. Yet another convenient move, gotta say. Last minute insurance that Anya can't deny, and the other Order member can't play that card now, so you eagerly bandwagon with the others to drop in a vote for Mishie, by the look of it. But I dunno, it's all piling up. If Krogan's scum, Mishie might not be. But if Castiel is, Mishie and Silens might be, and Kalas might be a dancing wizard. If Schro isn't the Auror, the real Auror sucks, and that means Castiel could be scum or Seratin too or whofuckingever. We just don't know.

Now, I've got one more person, and that's me. Day One, I say we gotta be cautious in who we vote for. I watch, I wait, I see Dhulli get picked out as easy target, and see people go along with it. I don't vote, I don't make a fuss, because I knew Dhulli was just being stupid because he got a Wizard role - it was Warlock Hunt all over again, and you know the scary part? I swear history with me almost repeated itself, and I just realised it before it was too late. The scum tried to kill me back in WH for playing the cautious card in regards to voting (In that case, his mayorship), but this time I kept back. I had good reason to, and you know what that was?

I'm the Healer, and I've been lucky so far. The successful part of staying off scum radars is to agree with them, to go with the flow, to not start any fights. They wouldn't get a role read, but I look like a good scapegoat in the process, though, don't I? I've lurked, I've only come out when convenient, I've voted in the middle of bandwagons (And as Klackerz pointed out, doesn't that seem scummy?) I painted a pretty target on my back, but I always knew that I could save us from wasting a lynch on me, even if I die in the night. Which I will, now. 'Cause better to die with a bit of grace, right? Already dying anyway, and by this point I don't give two shits about any of you. You all seem scummy, and it just sucks that it's come to this.

The first night, I protected Silens. Night two, Schrodinger. Night three, Schrodinger. Night four I said fuck it, because I didn't want to waste a protection on somebody the scum wouldn't target because they thought I would protect them, and I chose to protect Kalas instead (So thanks for the vote, guy. Appreciate it). I chose Kalas because of the pattern so far, with Big Z, Lungs, Aek and Anya; they were so unintrusive, while so many others were easy targets for lynches - Cas, Klack, me, Seratin, Mish, Kens...

You know what's going to happen if I get lynched, guys? We lose. They'll nightkill someone, anyone they don't like, and the next day the numbers will be even. No majorities can be formed, and that's the win right there. I can't protect shit if I get lynched, and wouldn't the scum be facepalming if they chose someone to kill and I protected them? ... But oh wait, I've revealed myself, and that means I'm the nightkill target if I don't get lynched. But I do not intend to go out like a bitch. I have listed so many good reasons for so many people to all be scum, and hell, even if you're disbelieving my Healer claim - in which case fuck you all - at least consider who's the better option, who will be the surer thing. This is it. Down to the wire. If I get lynched, we lose. And what a way to lose. No scum killed. Complete fucking disgrace.

I've listed why any one of you could be scum already. I want us to do the right thing, to push past the labels of scum we're giving each other and for the townies amongst us to do the right thing. If that's to go with the flow and vote me, that's fine. I'll be disappointed, because I'm trying not to care... but I refuse to lose this way. I refuse for us to lose this way. If you want to look at better options, really look, you have to consider all angles, not just the convenient option. All roads lead back to someone somewhere, and in my mind, that's Castiel. Maybe he's just truly stupid, or whatever, but it just feels like every time we get this close to getting rid of him - even to test whether or not he's fucking scum - someone comes along and changes the game on its head. We need just one definite, one scum to kill, guys, and the game is turned. One. I am the Healer, and I am not that definite.

Now, if you want to vote for me, do one thing: Fix your format and say my entire username when you do. You may be all shitting on Ash for this game's state, but she's the host and she deserves a little respect, and doing things in the proper fucking way is what you should all be doing. Got it? Good. Now, I'm going to eat my cookies.

16. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Rescind Vote.

If Matt is NOT the real healer. The real healer needs to come out RIGHT FUCKING NOW!

17. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

Rescind Vote

Anyone care to dispute?

18. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Go away for a night and come back to an explosion of activity in the most unlikely thread!

Anyway;

Vote player: Klackerz

For all reasons I listed before because not a God damned thing has changed. Throughout the game he's not only appeared to be working with Castiel, he keeps dropping lines like this. He seems to have done a magnificent job of saving his skin while not actually saying much at all and it reads wrong as hell to me.

19. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

You want to know why I wrote this post Seratin because I was fucking frustrated with the way the game was progressing. We have not even lynched one scum and that fucking sucks.Lynching is the only way to kill a scum in this. If I was a scum, I would have been happy not to lynch anyone.

Continuing from Silens post

Assuming both mishie and Castiel are telling the truth (which I personally don't belive), we have Silens,me,Kalas,Jangel and Seratin. Matt,Schrodinger and Krogan can be preumed to be telling the truth.

So my scum list are Castiel/mishie,Silens and 2 from Seratin,Jangel or Kalas.

I think Silens and mishie may be scum because Silens took attention away from mishie with this post

20. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Deadline Vote Player: mishie

I am doing what was supposed to happen in the first place. I should have never changed my vote. 6 town people. All need to vote for mishie for the lynch to go through.

I am NOT going to explain anything anymore. Because I DON'T HAVE anything else. I have given all the reasons I could.

This is my final decision. I won't be changing this. If the town wants to win, vote for lynching mishie.

Just know that if you don't, we lose.

And none of you dare blame this loss on me. I am saying it right now, to all the pro-town people, this is our last chance. Go back and read the thread again.

• There should be at least 3 people on my side, 3 people defending me, which I don't see.
    • When we tried to lynch mishie we got EXACTLY 6 votes. The same number of town people are alive.
    Ashaya, can we get an extension?