1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Demon’s Feign, Merlin’s Pain by Nuhuh - M - Dresden Files

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Nuhuh, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

You know what? That was fucking weird.

But I liked it. Seriously? I thought you did a really good job on this. I was almost entranced watching Harry transition from being sane back to insane.

But, it creeped me the fuck out. I'm not sure why.

2. Kyle_Dodge1

Kyle_Dodge1 DA Member

I lost a lot of respect for him when 'Roqa' manipulated him.

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I lost a lot of respect for you both when you were born.

lrn2fallenangel

4. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I've heard that alot...

5. DoWnEr

DoWnEr Second Year

Errr... so your disappointed that a crazy person got manipulated by an eternal fallen angel?

I enjoyed the chapter. Just shows how insane Harry is. Up to this point i thought him being crazy was funny and that he was still sane up to a point. Now i realize just how insane he really is.and how powerful and dark he can be if he ever regains his sanity.

Hard choice for Roqa. She loves the dark powerful Harry but that Harry can't easily be manipulated or controlled but if she takes over the body and mind then he becomes his true self and just takes control back. Also nice to know that Harry seems to be crazy on purpose. To keep him "sane"?. Liked that part. Can't wait for more.

6. DoWnEr

DoWnEr Second Year

I enjoyed the chapter. Just shows how insane Harry is. Up to this point i thought him being crazy was funny and that he was still sane up to a point. Now i realize just how insane he really is.and how powerful and dark he can be if he ever regains his sanity.

Hard choice for Roqa. She loves the dark powerful Harry but that Harry can't easily be manipulated or controlled but if she takes over the body and mind then he becomes his true self and just takes control back. Also nice to know that Harry seems to be crazy on purpose. To keep him "sane"?. Liked that part. Can't wait for more.

P.S. Forgot that i was supposed to post reviews here. Gah.. tried to delete my other post to hide my shame but seems i can't.

7. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

it is okay. I didn't post the new thing as a full chapter. I posted asking for help. So it is alright to post in Dresden WBA thread.

Appreciate the comments. I'll think it over. Although, you did get what I was trying to show exactly. Which makes me very happy.

SamBlack~ I dunno why it creeped you out, but considering the "creepy" scene had something to do with a fallen angel I am cool with it. ;)

8. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

I'm sort of hoping Harry will have bouts of sanity and insanity from now on. I like the sane Harry quite a bit, and it would be fun to see peoples' reactions when he acts normal one minute then crazy the next.

9. Glernaj

Glernaj Stab Executive DLP Supporter

I came. That said, it's good to see some actual explanations coming out. Now, where's my Drip/Drop? Oh, and I'm going to start pushing for Harry/Roqariel soon.

10. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

I found it a slight bit disjointed but that was probably the effect you were going for. Like some of the others I thought it was a bit of a let down to see how easily Harry got manipulated again once his friends reappeared. Besides that though, I think you're off to a good start. Eagerly waiting for the rest.

11. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

See, that is the part I was trying to get across, and it doesn't seem to be getting across.

Harry actively avoids dealing with the war. His madness in part stems from his captivity but mostly from the war. He chooses to hallucinate in a form of post traumatic stress disorder way.

Roqariel placed the two people she killed in a copy of Ron and Hermione to jolt him and make him angry. When he makes the connection, he more or less collapses until he forces the deliberate amnesia on himself, going back to his part insanity.

So Harry is as complicit in fucking with his mind as Roqariel is. Let's not forget that Roqariel is a Fallen Angel and she does have amazing power.

But all this might make more sense in the context of the full chapter.

For the moment, don't be so disappointed, A fallen angel controlling a mad person isn't really that shocking. Especially when said person retreats into insanity.

12. Stormey

Stormey Groundskeeper

A new chapter...
    Definitely wasn't expecting it. It was a pretty confusing chapter, but I am guessing, once we get the next chapter, should explain a fair bit more.
    So, are you gonna write a few chapters for this fic, before working on the sequel for Catharsis?

This stuck me as something Sparta would say.

13. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Huh. Well, okay then.

14. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

...ouch. This is not good, and given that the souls of the dead can be questioned, it gets even worse.

15. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

Actually I did get hints of that, but that didn't stop me from wanting Harry to get over his amnesia and start really asserting himself. However I trust that you'll be able to make the story awesome either way. =]

16. Jigokuno

Jigokuno Seventh Year

I'm not really sure what to think of this chapter so far.

You said a half insane person is easily manipulated by a fallen angel but in your story he is also a Outsider with both the power of Voldemort and Dumbledore so I find it extremely hard to belive a little half good half evil kid even if she is a angel can take Harry on 1 vs 1.

Also Roqa was too evil if she was a true fallen angel then I could understand the random slaughter of innocents but she is half and half at the moment so it would be more realistic if the people who were slaughtered by her were part of the White Council and not just some random religious people especially considering she hasn't made her choice between good and evil yet so why would she go and kill followers of god?

I understood the insanity thing after your post about it and it made a lot of sense. I also agree with the person who said it would be interesting for him to have bouts of sanity and insanity just to mix it up a bit.

7/10 woulda been 8/10 but I am still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that someone who hasn't chosen sides yet in the battle between heaven and hell decided to randomly kill followers of heaven when their are so many other people that need killing who aren't on either side yet.

17. The DarIm

The DarIm Groundskeeper

@Jigokuno: You're forgetting that Roquariel's one and only previous host actively pushed her to choose hell and since she's go no other experience to go on....

Also, she's a KID angel, and even with all the power she has, she's somewhat scared (at least that's the vibe I got), so she's trying to do what she thinks she should be doing to avoid further pain.

@Nuhuh: YAY! An update! Part of it anyways.

I got the 'Harry sees Ron and Hermione again because he wants to' bit but the thanks for clarifying that the amnesia was self-afflicted too. Other than that, nothing too odd about a guy who wants to be insane being manipulated by an angel, even a kid angel.

When's the next bit coming up? I want to see the Drakon-Potter meeting...lemme have it! lemme have it!

All in all 4/5, looses one point because the length was so not enough after so long!

18. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

@Stormey;
    Sparta wasn't a person.
    And what Harry is saying is completely different.

19. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    AUTOBOTS ATTACK! Nah but seriously awesome update, I like where this is going, I got nervous for a second their when he started that oath of the Order stuff but its still pretty cool. I can't wait to see him fuck up the council with his new Autob...errr stag.

20. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

Um... I don't understand that part. First, you have Dakota saying that he thought Harry killed Lefortier. Then, like two seconds later, Dakota says he'll life with complete certainty. Seems like we're missing something for Dakota to make that transition so quickly.

It's rough, you were right about that. But content wise? Effin awesome. I've been waiting for a duel like this since I started reading this story, so I'm psyched for the next chapter.

I didn't quite understand why at first Harry was making them swear an oath to him, but I'm tired, so I could have missed it. Maybe make it a little more clearer that he plans on using them as a bargaining chip for Molly? Like I said, that may already be in there and I missed it.

Good update though, the story keeps getting more and more interesting.