1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Deus Ex 3 Human Revolution

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by fuubar, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Playing the game currently and slowly and it is fucking awesome. Seem's like a worthy successor to Dues Ex which is one of my most favourite game.

2. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh well thats different then, Pacifist on Hard difficulty I can actually understand having trouble.

No, none of those are necessary for Barret. All the augs I listed are what you need in total to easily beat every single boss in the game. To beat Barret all you need is the Eye aug that makes you immune to concussion grenades and Dermal Armor. He really is easy if you put your points into the correct augs.

I agree and its why the single biggest let down of the game for me was the boss fights.

Also on Hacking Augs, max out the Stealth and Hacking Capture augs so you can control Robots and Turrets. Its almost hilarious how easy it makes things when their machines go apeshit and start murdering all of them. Fortification and Analyze are completely useless though. I found Silent Footsteps to be completely useless as well, if you want to play stealth the only thing you need is the maxed cloak and energy recharge augs.

3. Malchidael

Malchidael Muggle

the 2 first boss can be stunned whit the stungun then trow mine at them

2 sec fight

good luck

4. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Everyone, please give a round of applause to Malchidael for the excellent advice. He's here till Tuesday.

Krogan, I agree that if playing a lethal run he would be quite easier to take down, but he still isn't easy. About 6-7 of my friends are playing it too, and they all had trouble with the Barrett fight, for whatever reason. Also, did you not do a pacifist, stealth run through the first time round? That seems to be pretty standard.

Totally agree on Fortification and Analyze. Analyze would make hacking quicker, but I never had the need for either of them. Cloak too isn't necessary at all. I had cloak through a lot of the game, but only used it a couple times, mostly to pass through lasers. Real stealth requires only patience, perception and adaptability, eg. in the Alice Court Gardens I ran the perfect path out and didn't get spotted once without using any type of aug, one of my favourite sections in the game.

5. Krogan

High Score:
    I did a stealth run but not pacifist, I plan on doing pacifist on my second run through. I really just didn't have trouble though, if you keep a large supply of concussion grenades and chuck the barrels at him it shouldn't be too hard.

Ehhh it depends on what your doing, I for instance found it invaluable when I needed to hack a computer that was in plain sight. For instance on Omega Ranch in the open pavilion area between buildings there was a laptop controlling a turret and multiple robots and I wanted to get to it and still keep my Ghost/Smooth Operator rating. Now this would be completely impossible without the upgraded cloak, you simply cannot push the buttons fast enough to hack it before the patrol turns around but with cloak and a full set of bars you simply click it and breeze through unconcerned and turn the machines against them. Everytime I used it was for situations like that where I was interested solely in keeping my Ghost rating. If you aren't picky about that then you can skip it but I found it invaluable.

6. The Berkeley Hunt

While I can definitely appreciate that kind of play style, I found that I never had quite enough time to just hack stuff in the middle of an open square. I'd either run out of battery, or get spotted getting away etc. etc. I just didn't need it. I remember that particular section of the game, I just jumped around the side alley and walked behind two guys into a building, and once in the building I didn't need to go outside.

Though once in the building, I did use cloak to get past a difficult patrol and into a vent. I suppose its exactly this situation that encapsulates what I love about the game. Its so adaptable and variable that different paths are almost always available to suit different playstyles and augs. I'm in the first hub area in my current playthrough, using lethal. Ghost is a lot easier, but I find I set off alarms pretty easily because I try to pick guys off from a distance and if the bodies are detected then wait for the alarm to subside and then pick more off. But nobody spots me.

7. Krogan

High Score:
    Another thing that might be a fair bit different is that when I was playing I made it a point to kill absolutely everyone, even if it was possible for me to get by them without needing to I made an effort to kill every bad guy around and still keep my Ghost/Smooth Operator rating. That's another reason why Cloak was so invaluable to me, when I had to get across the middle of an open room without being spotted so I could kill someone in the corner I could have never done it without the cloak. I also found it useful when I had to get through areas in a hurry and I still needed to kill people, four full bars you can sprint across a room while cloaked and take down every single person in your way.

Oh and two of my favorite uses for it, when you get to Tai Yong Medical Center and you get to that room with the million and one laser sensors just cram down some food and flip on the cloak, no puzzle solving or caution necessary, you just sprint right through. Later when you after the cutscene where Zhao runs into her panic room and the huge mob of guards run in you just cloak, toss a few gas grenades in and watch every single one of them drop in seconds. Of course being the bastard I am I still shot them all in the head after I knocked them out but it was still fun.

On your lethal run the best thing I will tell you is that if your going stealth grab a 10MM and buy every single upgrade for it. Once you do you can down every mook in the game except heavies in one shot to the brainpan and you can finish them off with a cloaked takedown. Just be careful not to use lethal takedowns on people if anyone else is close by, apparently in Deus Ex World even if you just took two titanium blades through the lungs you can still scream loud enough when you die to alert an entire military complex. That was one of the things that pissed me off endlessly, I liked using lethal takedowns on people but apparently no matter how badly you cut them up every last mook in Deus Ex can let out a death bellow to shatter glass if you kill them. Its especially stupid since you can beat the tar out of them a foot away from their friends and no one notices but the second you go lethal their grandma in Kentucky knows.

8. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That pissed me off to no end. I kind of gave up full-stealth when I learned that. I mean, I still used stealth, but if there was a situation where it was just too much of a hassle to try and sneak by (or where it might be more fun) I'd fight my way through.

What also pissed me off was that only one energy bar refilled. Thankfully for that, I found a way to cheat it and have all bars refill over time instead. It may ruin balance a little, but... well, it is a single-player game. And fuck, if Jensen eats that many energy bars he's going to have diarrhea for the rest of his life. :facepalm

9. Krogan

High Score:
    I was kind of a dick about it, I'd just use a non-lethal takedown and then drag the body off somewhere and once no one could see me I'd still shoot them in the face. I was gonna kill them one way or another, it just became a question of where when I found that out.
    Really? How did you do it? Because I would seriously love to know that for my next play through.

10. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay, first you need a program called Cheat Engine. It hasn't fucked up my computer yet with viruses or anything, so don't worry about that. Then you need this. You need to put that file in the same folder as the Deus Ex 3 .exe program thingy. With the game running (preferably with an energy cell depleted so you can see if it works), Alt+Tab out and open that file. Then, when that's all open, there should be a button near the top of the window that says "Process" or something close to that. Hit that, then choose the DX3.exe from the menu.

... Hopefully that's right. I'm posting from my laptop and I'm basing most of that on memory.

11. The Berkeley Hunt

On my first playthrough I left people behind, but now I'm just getting all the xp I can to see more upgrades I didn't get to last time.

That room was so fun, I had the cloak but chose to find the correct path and navigate it perfectly. I like solving the easier puzzles, makes me feel smart.

Even on my non-lethal run I used a jacked up 10mm since non-lethals don't take upgrades and it is useful on occasion to have a gun that can hurt people or robots.

Cheers for that link Aviary, since I've already finished the game I figure I might just have some fun with it. Though unfortunately I can't get it to work.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011