1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dexter game!

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jenkins, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

For the iPhone. Pretty meh, but if it makes it to console it might be alright.

2. RustyRed

RustyRed High Inquisitor

Haha, o god, I saw a picture for that--it's Dexter sneaking up behind some guy with his hypodermic needle. All I can say is wtf? I Looove love the show, but a game where you sneak around killin people just for the sake of killin people? Maybe not the best idea evar.

Although it's not like there aren't assassin games out there, for some reason an assassin game doesn't bother me as much as a serial killer game. Especially with all the needles and plastic wrap and dumping bodies in the bay. Can you imagine like a mini game where you have to take the boat out and drop the bags? Bahaha...

3. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Do you actually need to identify killers or is it totally retarded?

4. RustyRed

RustyRed High Inquisitor

Hm, I just did some reading, and it actually sounds better than i thought it would be. You've got to do more than just kill people--you have to find and process evidence, and sneak around, picking locks and whatnot. I was afraid that since it was an iphone game that it would be a pretty shallow experience, but it seems like they're going the whole way on it--it even has michael c hall's voice work. If I actually had an iphone, I might go for it. :p

5. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

I'd probably get it - to the detriment of my productivity >_> I would probably get bored with it or beat it too quickly if it were a console game, so I think the iPhone/Touch platform is a smarter move.

The graphics don't look that far removed from GoldenEye; here's hoping someone ports that to the App store.

6. RustyRed

RustyRed High Inquisitor

That would be rad.

7. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

Unfortunately there are just too many copyright issues for that to ever be conceivable. Rare (and consequently Microsoft who now own them), EA (who own the right to develop/produce/release all Bond games for the foreseeable future) and MGM would all need to agree.

The closest you're likely to ever get to that pipe-dream is a GoldenEye Source mod that's kicking around. I'd probably be more interested in it if the single-player was recreated.

8. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Getting them all to agree would be cake; say what you want about the iPhone/Touch, the platform makes money. Quickly. The problem is Apple being a faggot about which apps pass muster and which don't...although the fact that Apple doesn't make its own games* would makes GoldenEye app a fairly obstacle-free transition from concept to product.

Throw in a seamless multiplayer/synching option, and they'd have (???) profit.

On topic: It said the game was due "this summer," in 4 installments that would all appear by September (before the new season starts). I've yet to see it in the App store though. Lame.