1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLP Chrome 'not secure'

Discussion in 'Site Related Support' started by Behemoth, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Behemoth

Behemoth Squib

Good evening,

When I try to load up a DLP page through Google chrome I'm getting a pop up explaining that the sit is not secure and would I like to continue.

When I click on the crossed out padlock by the website address, I get a little spiel about encryption and compression that I have no understanding of. Is there some way I can stop getting that pop-up either by fixing the issue or having chrome ignore it for DLP?

Thanks.

2. wolve

wolve First Year

The problem might be that your browser for some reason does not recognize the Geotrust SSL cert that DLP uses... It should recognize it unless specifically revoked so another option might be that you are connecting using some other URL than https://forums.darklordpotter.net. The last option to come to my mind would be somebody doing a poor Man In the Middle attack on your connection, but I don't think anybody would bother doing one without a proper cert.

EDIT: BEER IS GOOD

3. Mutt

Mutt High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I have the same problem, but it's only occasionally and with random threads. How do I fix the problem for good?

4. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

I also have this problem, something like "this page has unsecured content," but it's mostly with threads that have embedded Youtube videos.

5. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yeah. I had this problem for a while. Fix is simple....

Edit your chrome shortcut to run insecure content...

I.E. C:\stuff to chrome here\chrome.exe “–allow-running-insecure-content"

6. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

Note that Vashs fix will also allow for any content that Chrome sees as insecure to run/display, not just stuff on DLP (I know its pretty obvious but just mentioning).

Edit: And honestly, I'd leave it as is. It's Chromes way of telling you that you are on a secured page that has unsecured content from a different source. Not a big deal if you're on here, but if you get that when you go to your bank or paypal account it could potentially be a different story.

Edit2: For reference: Chrome Support Page.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  7. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Or you can just download the certificate for DLP and add it manually to your allowed list on your computer. Thats what I did, and I don't get the notices anymore.

8. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

There are two error messages that are pretty similar that Chrome will spit out. One, like you said, is that the certificate isn't trusted the other is that there is content on a secure page that is from an insecure source (like Zerg mentioned with embedded youtube).

9. Behemoth

Behemoth Squib

That's what I ended up doing, thanks to everyone for their help.

10. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

That unsecured content is due to the external links to PC and the Paypal donate bar. As well as when links are included from youtube, or anywhere else in threads. I hate that shit on Chrome. It also pops up on random js that I know for a fact is okay. Thats why I use Opera, a 500 page filterlist + blank dial outs to spam sites in my hosts file. If I don't want something to load, its been added, and doesn't load. Like ads. I haven't seen an ad on the internet in about ten years.

yak