1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon Age 2 Announced.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gizmore, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

Dragon Age 2 was announced today.

Official site.

Source

Not much info yet, but this is awesome news.

2. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm optimistic. I liked the first game alot.

3. imanut

imanut First Year

This is great news. I really liked the first one, but I also thought that it could have been better. Hopefully this sequel will improve on it in every way.

4. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Meh. I didn't like the first one, I certainly won't be picking this up.

5. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

The first one is one of my top 3 favorite games on the xbox 360, there are simply not that many rpg games to be had. Borderlands and mass effect 1 round out my top 3.

Oh, god, if Morrigan makes an appearance in DA2 I will be ecstatic. The banter between her and all the other characters was great.

6. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

So... anyone else suspect that this fellow/lass is Morrigan's spawn?

7. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hmm its an interesting thought but the endings were conflicting on what pregnant Morgan did as I recall, some say she went deep into the mountains by herself to birth and raise the child which would fit with the penniless refugee story but one of the other endings had her going to Orlais and becoming a high ranking advisor with the kid which would be a bit difficult to fit into the penniless refuge backstory.

Although I freely admit I could be getting some details confused here, its been a while since I've seen the endings.

8. Tehan

Those are mutually-existing rumours, not conflicting endings, I'm fairly sure. And she sure as hell could've dragged the sprog around from place to place before setting him free to start his EPIC JOURNEY from the thematically appropriate penniless refugee position.

9. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Morrigan could be planning on possessing the kid just like Flemeth planned to do with her.

10. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hmm that would fit in with Morrigans personality quite well now that I think about it.

11. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

There's only 10 years between the start of DA2 and the end of DA:O, with Hawke being a survivor of the fifth blight.

Can't see it being Morrigan's kid.

EDIT: Sadly, I was right.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  12. Estarc

Estarc Third Year

I can't say I like the sound of Commander Shepard in fantasy. Especially not if Mass Effect's dialogue system comes along for the ride. I prefer the more traditional approach. Gives you more options, and you don't accidentally punch a guy in the face because your character decided to be an arsehole. Good, Neutral and Evil simply isn't enough choice in an RPG dialogue system.

13. Tehan

I'm hoping it'll be like Alpha Protocol - you build friendships and alliances over the course of the game, and depending on what choices you've made and what potential allies you've wooed or pissed off, the story and ending can vary wildly.

14. Simplicity

Simplicity Third Year

Look at the bright side, its better than constantly being called "The Warden".

Only thing I can see that's completely messed up is that you don't get to decide your origin and get more attached to your character. That was part of DA:O's charm.

15. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

I agree that missing the origin of the character will be detrimental to my personal gaming experience, though I suppose playing through the same blight again is becoming quite tedious.

Not having the moniker of a Gray Warden might seem a bit dull since it propels reactions aplenty, it will be interesting to play a non-warden in a similar environment though. Of course this depends on the fact that the character interaction is much the same as in Origins, rather than Awakening...

Can't wait for the trailer to come out though.

16. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I was looking forward to a direct continuation of your character in the last game. I thought that was the whole point of the unique origins and such. First impressions make it sound like they're doing, as Estarc also said, Commander Shepard in fantasy rather than sci-fi. Which is... disappointing. But I'm willing to wait for more news.

I doubt this Hawke is Morrigan's child. The only Blight you could possibly be a refugee from is the Fifth, which took place during Origins, unless they have a Sixth Blight take place in between games. And being a refugee implies that the Blight wasn't all that long ago. So Morrigan's child, if he/she is even born by the time the game starts, could only be an infant.

By the time of the game's end, though, it could potentially be around ten, so maybe it'll play a more important part as the game goes on. Just speculation, though.

On that subject, while the game taking place over a period of ten years sounds interesting, I don't want to play as an old guy/girl by the end of it. Few old main characters appeal to me. I think Old Snake--who's not even technically old, he's only 41--and Big Boss are the only ones. Hopefully you'll start out young. Maybe late teens/early twenties or so.

March of 2011? That's... a pretty short time between releases, compared to a lot of other sequels. Hopefully it's long enough to fix some of the issues with the last one and prevent the gameplay from being too "same old."

17. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

As you said with the game taking place over ten years Morrigan's kid will be twenty by the end. So either this will be some type of massive lead up to her kid, or the kid will appear somewhere in the game.

18. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Absolutely awesome. Dragon Age was the best game of '09, it had more content than most full series do. Can't wait for #2.

19. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Just like I got a feeling of "win" when I heard about DA: O, I am getting a feeling of "fail" with this new thing.
    No. I'm tired of being the goddamn champion. I want to be an evil dictator, or, at the very least, a bastard like Loghain.
    Gah! Bad! I loved DA: O's graphics.

Also, I wanted a goddamn sequel into which my character could be imported, not some new game with a designated male character.

20. BloodRedSword

BloodRedSword High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Good news... Now waiting for the legendary EA crap hammer to fall on Dragon Age 2...