1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Dudley's Dilemma by Taran Fortescue - PG

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by selenepotter, Jan 13, 2006.

1. selenepotter

selenepotter First Year

Title: Dudley's Dilemma
    Author: Taran Fortescue
    Rating: PG
    Genre: General, Humor
    Pairings: H/Luna
    Chapters: 3
    Words: 9247
    Published: April 27, 2004
    Updated: April 21, 2005

Summary: A "terrible" thing has happened to Dudley Dursley's family. His eldest daughter, Priscilla, has received a letter from Hogwarts! Finally, after fifteen years of no conversation, Dudley is having to contact his cousin, Harry Potter, whose own daughter is going to Hogwarts as well.
    Link: http://www.fictionalley.org/authors/taran_fortescue/DD.html

Checked by Minion, March 7, 2014

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
  2. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I read this a while ago... Found it funny, but not all that funny... Just sort of ironic.

Then it didn't update/got abandoned.

3. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

There are only three chapters and 9k words, and it hasn't updated in four years.

The writing is solid, but the story doesn't get beyond setting up its initial premise. We haven't even met Dudley's daughter, and I don't think the author developed a plot to accompany the idea.

The characterization is weak. Harry is married to Luna, and she is, of all things, ordinary and dull. That's criminal when writing Luna.

2/5 - The story is abandoned, but probably wouldn't have been library-worthy anyway.

4. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

Another disappointment from the ship I like most, Harry/Luna. It's well written, but the story didn't far before being abandoned. As already stated, a boring Luna is not a good Luna.

So due to the short length (3 chapters, almost 10k words), it being abandoned, and it being boring I'll give it a rating of 2/5. The only thing that saves it from being a 1/5 is that it's well-written.

This is definitely not Library or Recycle Bin worthy.

5. prion

prion Second Year

I definitely enjoyed Dudley's POV in the first chapter, but I find it strange that his perfectly, respectable, and completely normal wife is going around with black nails.

It was odd with Luna acting more normal, but if you can get past that, this Potter family had some nice, little funny moments.

The last chapter with the clothing shop was what I'd expect from a wizarding store with an eccentric owner, but not a well-known muggle brand.

I gave it a 3/5 because it's been abandoned but I think it has a good start.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013