1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dumbledore dismantling grindelwald's fortress

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Mock Moniker, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Mock Moniker

Mock Moniker Professor

I read a fic a while back, IIRC it was Harry centric but in one chapter Dumbledore goes into Grindelwald's fortress to have a chat with his old portrait. Dumbledore had sealed the fortress to keep weapons that Grindelwald made from escaping.

He spent years visiting and trying to find a way to dismantle Grindelwald's magic, but had yet to succeed.

IIRC, this scene occurs at the same time as some major event where Dumbledore is needed, and he arrives battered and bleeding from some of the traps in the fortress.

2. Johnny Farrar

Johnny Farrar High Inquisitor

Fugitives of Azkaban is what you're looking for. It's a good fic. Strangely enough I read it just yesterday.

3. Mock Moniker

Mock Moniker Professor

Excellent, thank you for the quick response.

4. justbrowsing

justbrowsing Seventh Year

That was just internet helpfulness at its finest.

5. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

Just wondering, did anyone else read that part and think that it could be the plot of a pretty good story? It could cool to have Harry and all racing against time to prevent the army's awakening. Harry Potter and the Doomsday Army or something to that effect. That was my first thought when I got to the fortress bit.

6. Mock Moniker

Mock Moniker Professor

Yeah. It was the main part of the story that stood out to me. It would definitely make a great fic on it's own, but screw Harry. I'd want it to be Dumbledore centric.

I don't think I've ever read a long Dumbledore centric fic, I think I'll make a search topic for that.