1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Enchanting - Crafting Items of Power

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valor, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Valor

Valor Banned

I want inspiration/neat ideas on what Epic Artifacts can be produced, so let's make a game out of it.

You're now a magical juggernaut in the leagues of Dumbledore, Grindelwald and Voldemort, basically an omnidisciplinary polymath. You've also got decades of magical education, know-how on how to create the Philosopher's Stone, Hallows, Ravenclaw's Tiara, Time-Turners etcetera. Enchanting is also your specialization.

The Statue of Secrecy is irrelevant in this scenario.

What kind of awesome/useful enchantments can you make for both muggles and magicals alike?

On the top of my head I got;
    A shrinkable table that ensures all food put on it is ever-refilling and perpetually fresh.

A box that consistently duplicates stuff put inside, even lesser enchantments.

A portable island paradise with a miniature sun, functional weather patterns and a simple ecosystem.

A pensieve that automatically extracts and return all magical knowledge from your mind, on command. Idea behind it is that it was crafted to make dangerous witches and wizards easier to detain, without having to use madness-inducing dementors.

Sentient item enchanted with the ability to regularly cast multiple spells; example - a healing scepter.

A crown that grants a great deal of Luck and Wisdom for its wearer, even providing ease-of-life charms like repelling dirt and stains, cleaning its wearer regularly, vanishing their waste and providing perfect eyesight through transfiguration.

Are the crown, pensieve and sentient item feasible in canon-potterverse? I've gotten the impression that Great Artefacts of Power tend to have a purview with mono-focused abilities, like Calling on the Dead, Invisibility, Most Powerful Wand, Wisdom-Granting Tiara, Mind-Reading Hat etcetera.

2. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

Personally, an 'Ever-hard Cock Ring' has that feel of canon HP, so I'd go for that in the first instance.

Still, if we can go a bit OP, and Harry has full access to a Baenilix star-sigil enchantment forge, or even some decent Crucible core-grade Alembic reagents then I'd go a Wardrobe that can store a large number of fur coats and in the back leads out to a flat-earth universe dominated by an Ice-witch/giantess, full of fauns and talking animals.

I think the type of story you want to tell, and the purpose of a super artifact is more important than the concept of the artifact as a 'for instance'. Generally, magnitude of power doesn't seem in keeping with HP, rather than conceptual effects.

Sentient artifacts seem common. Wide utility non-wand artifacts seem rare.

I'd look at fairy tale items for inspiration.

I'd go for an expert Herbologist making a garden where the vegetables come out ginormous though, and perhaps spontaneously turn into furnishings and carriages, or such. That'd work.

3. LucyInTheSkye

LucyInTheSkye Seventh Year

These maybe aren't as powerful as you were going for, but a few ideas: Maybe a self-dishing plate that gives you exactly the amount and type of food you should eat to not gain weight/to gain your ideal weight/stay at your ideal weight?

A bit more complex could be a magical incubator. Once a witch or muggle gets pregnant you could tranfer the cells into it and then return to collect the whole baby after nine months, once it's ready.

And to get a matching product to the aforementioned cock ring, maybe a handheld magical tongue or two-digit contraption that would know exactly the right amount of pressure to apply between a woman's legs?

4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A bell that rings every time a beautiful woman thinks of you sexually.

5. Bugweiser

Bugweiser Squib

Magical booze, all sorts of magical booze and dispensers :wizard:.
    An enchanted horn mug that fills with the ideal drink for whomever holds it!
    A chalice that changes the flavor of potions inside it to the drinker's dream beverage.

Magically transfigured sex dolls enchanted with intelligence (hard AF, but I am a omnidisciplinary polymath so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯).

Aura emanator, an orb (attached to necklace/ring/armring) which emanates an aura of the wielder's choice. Comes with default Veela and Dementor modes.

6. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

Ok. I’ll bite. Are you?

Or is this sex doll banter/sarcasm that I’m missing? Sorry.

7. Bugweiser

Bugweiser Squib

No worries... sadly I'm not lol

I'm referring to this ;)

8. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Seconding the 'ever-hard cock ring' idea - Merlin knows that would improve a lot of lives.

I've got this page bookmarked for ideas as well - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mythological_objects - in terms of real life myths like the Philosopher's Stone that could be turned into magical HP items.

The 'Green Armor' that is sometimes said to be adorned with Stag horns - an ancient set of Armor made from the skin of Emeric's own basilisk. Wearing it protects the owner from any physical (non-magical) harm, even on portions of the body that the armor does not cover.

The 'Tarnhelm,' a magic helmet giving the wearer the ability to change form or become invisible. It confers upon the wearer the same abilities possessed by a metamorphmagus or animagus (your choice), with the 'invisible' part being legend/allegory for disappearing because you no longer look like yourself rather than true invisability.

Seven-league boots, a pair of boots said to allow the wearer to make strides of seven leagues in length. Needs no adjustment for the world of HP as those are pretty awesome by themselves.

Nábrók (Death Underpants), a pair of pants made from the skin of a dead man, which are capable of producing an endless supply of money. ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA. Just LOL.

Pair Dadeni (Cauldron of Rebirth), a magical cauldron able to revive the dead. The cauldron that Voldemort used to return to life - it wasn't just any cauldron, but this one specifically.

Water of Lethe, which flows through the river Lethe, and causes those who drink it to experience forgetfulness. This forgetfulness cannot be overcome by legilimency, resisted by occlumency, or detected by a remembral. It is completely irreversible, unlike the standard memory charm.

Orihalcum and/or Mithril are easy enough to adjust to the magical world to be whatever you want them to be in terms of substances. Perhaps one of them cuts through all magic and one defends against all magic despite being itself a physical item.

Olifant (also Olivant), the horn of Roland, paladin of Charlemagne in the Song of Roland. Roland blows the horn, but the force required bursts his temple, resulting in death. His olifant was supposedly a unicorn's horn -- just as drinking a Unicorn's blood results in un-life of a sort, so does blowing a horn fashioned from a unicorn result in one's own death, though perhaps the resulting call to arms would be worth it.

Lædingr, a chain forged by Thor to bind and were broken by Fenrir. In the HPverse this is a chain forged by Alchemy that can be used to bind a transformed werewolf, so long as a single link encases the beast such that it cannot be slipped off.

Feathers of Simurgh, the legendary Simurgh gave three of her feathers to Zal, the Persian hero and also father of Rostam, so that whenever he needed the guidance or help of Simurgh, he could burn one of the feathers and Simurgh came to his aid. Legend has it that Merlin's wand was made from one of these feathers.

Horn of Brân Galed, the Horn of Brân Galed from the North is said to have possessed the magical property of ensuring that "whatever drink might be wished for was found in it".

Lantern of Diogenes, carried by the Cynic philosopher Diogenes of Sinope to aid in his fruitless search for an honest man. Nicolas Flamel eventually came to possess this Lantern, and should he ever find a truly 'honest man' he will finally pass along the secret of the Philosopher's Stone.

Sampo (also Sammas), a magical artifact constructed by Ilmarinen that brought good fortune to its holder. (Finnish mythology). This artifact has similar but weaker effects as the felix felicis potion, though the artifact is not addictive.

Et cetera.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  9. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A proper cornucopia would be pretty cool, even if it just summoned food from somewhere else rather than conjuring it.

10. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Why is this thread on enchanting items about cock rings? I guess I can see where everyone's quarantine brain is.

11. Selethe

Selethe normalphobe

I want to be able to charm an item so that I’ll never lose it (house keys, notebook, etc). Taken to an extreme, I suppose I could put the charm on my wand so that no one would be able to win it, even if they beat me in a duel.

12. Ched

So... maybe like a magic ‘ring’ for your ‘wand’ to make it ‘harder’ to ‘get off‘ of you. Got it.

13. Zombie

A magical clapper.

Clap your hands and your keys/wand make a vibrating noise.

Whacky sitcom hijinks of a sexual nature occur then.

14. Ched

But Why is it Orange?

15. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Sticking with what we know in canon.

A cloak that keeps the wearer always at a comfortable temperature, regardless of external environments. Seems basic on the surface but it will literally protect from a firestorm or blizzard.

The Philosopher's stone can turn anything into gold. So another thing that can make anything dead instantly. Instant death for anything, maybe also destroys souls. Not just death, but total final death. Or Maybe it collects souls, based off a dementor.

Similar to the Warden sword in Dresden files. An undoer. A object that when touched to another will instantly remove any and all magical effects. It would turn the mirror of Erised into a simple mirror. It will undo the Enchantments on a Horcrux, allowing it to be destroyed by mundane means.

16. point09micron

point09micron Groundskeeper

An enchanted item which automatically vanishes snow in front of you, so you always have a path. A snow-vanishing cock ring, I guess, given how this thread is going.

17. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

First you need to craft several bookcases.

Then you get some obsidian, two diamonds and a book.

Voila! You can enchant items!

You can even enchant a fishing rod to bring you more fish. Neat.

18. Zombie

Wouldn't that make curse breakers obsolete?

19. M.L.

M.L. Groundskeeper

Not if its one sword.