1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Epic 7 (Mobile Gacha)

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Even though I already have too many units to manage, I still really want S.Rose and Challenger Domminiel, congrats to your good draws there.

There isn't a DLP guild atm, right?

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Tenebria is a woman of taste, what can I say?

@Nemrut no DLP guild, there isn't enough people playing unfortunately.

3. Nemrut

High Score:
    My new guild got decimated in the first fight but we won our next two with relative ease so matchmaking might take a while before fights are balanced.

New hero was released and being the the trash individual that I am, I rolled for her and got both Violet (the last banner hero) and her. Also Schuri which is nice but also not a hero I can afford to build at this point, same with Krau and probably Violet.

The new side story was decent enough, not that much happened and I guess a bit boring but I had enough fun while playing it. It amuses me that Yuna and her are basically isekaied into this setting.

4. Jon

I was a bit disappointed.

For some reason I thought she had dark cthulu magic going on prior to her release.

5. Nemrut

High Score:
    Game still going strong for me. It's getting frequent updates and QOL changes, the small side story stuff that is released every 2 weeks ranges from charming to actually really good so no complaints there. I am invested enough in the world, story and characters that I care about the heroes I have and want to raise/invest in them.

Currently building a W11 team and one thing I am missing is a tank who can actually take enough damage, so decided to get my Krau into play. Know I could have taken Angelica but I already really invested in my Diene, Tamarine and Destina (who I am not using atm) and it felt like Angelica atm would be redundant. Krau at least also has arena/GW def potential and I like that new artifact. He is also a good boy and deserves to see action.

Still getting rather lucky with summons, also got Challenger Dominiel who is really fun, Celestial Mercedes and ML Aramintha so a bit overwhelmed with what to do there. Going for an arena cleave team atm. Currently considering Bellona, C.Dom, Luna and then probably Aramintha although Cel. Mercedes probably has more synergy there. Also have a Clarissa somewhat ready to go so a bit unsure atm. My biggest mistake is that I am spread way too thin over a lot of units still.

6. Jon

Yeah, still investing multiple hours playing daily. Super invested in the story/characters/world. I'm pretty envious that you managed to pull ML Ara. You should definitely build her for gw/arena. She'll easily carry you all the way to challenger with good gear.

My current arena team is Vildred, Kluri, Lidica and Angelica.

Kluri/Lidica both are 210+ speed and I use them to knock the big threats/blocks for vildred on the head. Vildred is my cleaver and usually can do 50%+ of the enemy hp. Angel is there so if I can't one shot/twoshot the enemy team then she keeps everyone alive with her Barrier/Immunity heal.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  7. Nemrut

High Score:
    Yeah, am still stuck in Master. Doing all the arena fights I can do but not enough to push me to challenger. For quite a bit my team was Diene, Luna, Bellona and C. Dom. Diene would start with her buff, Bellona would crit and def break the enemy team, C. Dom would finish of the def broken worst unit in said team and Luna would kill someone else. No one has over 200 speed on my team though so faster teams were usually able to ruin my day.

Also contemplating a super tanky team which doesn't care about speed.

Atm, kinda want to delegate Diene to a defensive team in order to use an aoe mage. Gonna try to gear ML Aramintha better. Currently equipped with a super meh rage set. The luck I had with my summons did not extend to gear and gear stats, unfortunately. Might try either speed or ATK, just not sure how she fits in my team comp. Might be better to build a team around her so might take C.Dom out but dunno who to put in place of her then.

Kinda wishing for a lore wiki of some type, just to read up on all the organizations and factions within the game, if only for fanfic writing purposes.

Also looking forward to the colab, whoever that is going to be with.

Lidica and Cermia were really fun personality wise, just two lovable idiots.

8. Jon

Diene is great tbh.

Diene > S3 to Atk buff Bellona and ML Ara
    Bellona > S3 to def break enemy
    ML Ara > Inflict Burn + Stun on enemy, plus tons of dmg.

You just need a CR pusher in some form.

9. Nemrut

High Score:
    Hmm, guess I could either built Schuri or Rose. Have already invested a bit in Schuri, so might try that composition. Thanks.

10. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    For cleave teams current meta is Roozid and WetRose (then usually Bellona + 1) ChDom can also work instead of Rose if you use someone like Ludwig and min max him like crazy, ergo needing crit instead of atk more. Speaking of Ch Domi, as much as I love her, she was completely replaced by ML Tene. Crazy skank is op af now.

Stay down there, shit stops working the higher you get. You just won't outspeed your opponents unless you lucked into Roozid's gear and have him at 250 speed. I almost never use Vildred anymore. I replaced him with Kayron. I'd strip him completely if he weren't so good at b and a11. SRose (at one point the most popular unit in arena, prob still is) just completely disappears at some point. Gear gets so good you literally can't outspeed Roozid (simply because of his higher natural speed), making her useless.

I fed my Destina to Ruele - which naturally means she'll be buffed soon and be OP. Angelica is depressingly undroppable, with the possible exception of if you have Carmin and it's not a super heal heavy fight.

tl;dr: stay the fuck out of challenger if you can. I'm at Challenger 1 atm and every fight is an absolute slog. Carmin and Asscart basically in every team, each with 15-20k hp. If it's not that, you get the ML Ara teams you literally can't beat unless you outspeed them (good luck).

Just wait until my ML Ken has 20k HP and immunity you fucks.

11. Nemrut

High Score:
    So, collab confirmed to start at the 25th of April and will then last for 4 weeks. We will get one 5 star by playing the side story and two others in the gacha. Artifacts as well.

Other things said were "legendary IP" and tournament stuff in the side story. Any guesses as to what it could be? LoL is a popular theory and while I am not really into the game, I really liked the K/DA stuff and that could work rather well if they decided to go with that (Taramrinne and stuff). Then again, three heroes kinda doesn't make sense to only get 3 chars from a 4 women band.

Dragonball is another. Also legendary, no doubt, and the tournament stuff works out in that regard. The three hero limit is a bit weird there though, because the two most iconic characters in DB are Goku and Vegeta, not really sure who the 3rd char would be, since you could make the case for a lot of characters. Also being a gacha game, kinda doubt they would have a collab event where all 3 chars are dudes. Not that they couldn't get away with having Vegeta, Goku and Trunks/Gohan or whatever, but dunno if there is necessarily a huge Gohan fanbase. Trunks would, though, but still. I would love for android 18 to be one but that seems like a stretch.

Power levels in general shouldn't be a concern since we know that powerful dimension travelers get depowered considerably when coming here, so you can easily say that people like Goku are on like 10% of their real power while here or whatever. Similarly, dimension travel is somewhat common so, it is pretty well set up for crossovers and circumventing power level discussions.

Fate is a possibility, of course. Legendary IP and nasu mechanics are loose enough to fit into any setting in some way. Three characters work out both ways, whether you go normal humans (Shirou, Rin, Sakura), go Servants (Saber, Archer, Gilgamesh/Lancer/Rider) or a mixture of the two (Saber, Shirou and Rin).

MHA is also thrown around and dunno, pretty much same concerns as Dragonball only while it might be popular, not sure I would see it as legendary yet. Decently popular for a relative newcomer but not really legendary. Same with Fairy Tail or most anime.

Naruto and One Piece are legendary anime and have three main chars that can work well in that regard, Naruto more so than OP.

Persona is supposed to have a release on the same day and it is a legendary IP, admittedly, so that is also possible. Would be neat, I guess, and having the main three chars there would work out reasonably well.

Not really sure what I would want, tbh, You guys have any specific thoughts or fears there? Already been saving for a bit although I might dip into those for Iseria.

12. Jon

Correct me if I'm wrong but they said they'd release info, not that it would start on 25th.

13. Nemrut

High Score:
    @Jon Here is the word from their Dev notes:

14. Jon

You're right. I read that late at night as 'the reveal is planned for April 25th' my bad.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    I mean, they're not exactly being subtle right? In the exact same post, at the top, they're extolling the virtues of Azur Lane and their dev while talking about the Jap port?

Jon posited that theory last week, I'm inclined to agree.

We can all just imagine and dream about KD/A Akali though. Imagine my sig being her S3...

BTW I got ML Aramintha. I gave her my Specter Tenebria gear and I'm underwhelmed. In that gear her only utility is her stun (which is obviously still OP), but her damage is toilet. I'm going to be trying to use pieces of the ATK set inc and make a high atk/eff, low crit dmg crit chance set and use her like Vildred. She'd need two pushers at that point though...

Thinking Hurado, Ch Domi, Bellona, ML Ara

16. Nemrut

High Score:
    I dunno, Azur Lane would surprise me because not only do shipgirls not fit into Epic 7 at all, (and honestly, it is one of the rare things that actually do not fit since the setting is pretty malleable to begin with and somewhat anachronistic) Azur Lane is also, not in any definition of the word, "legendary". neither in status or popularity. Now, maybe that was just hyperbole but dunno, I feel like if the IP was Azur Lane, they wouldn't have used that word and nor would there have been such a need for secrecy.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    Lol, i mean, I lean towards hyperbole. They are business partners now after all. My dad has to deal with Eastern businessmen all the time, the amount of verbal fellatio is borderline cringey.

Not saying I want it. The mere thought of a League xover had Jon and me geeking out and listing a champion for each class the other week lol.

Transforming Jayce as a Ranger was my fav btw.

18. Nemrut

High Score:
    So, epic 7 twitter just posted this

[​IMG]

Guilty Gear it seems, an IP I know next to nothing about. Kinda relieved that it wasn't something I would care ultra much about tbh. Like if it was Fate and I didn't manage to roll for Saber I would be devastated. Here, would be neat if I got one or two but by no means am I going to be heartbroken about missing anyone.

19. Jon

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  20. Jon

Fuck. It's Baiken. rip wallet