1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Everything that makes a fic bad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Lady Pryor, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Dark Lady Pryor

Dark Lady Pryor Fourth Year

I was just browsing through the new stories at FF.Net and just found the one story that seems to sum up everything that can go wrong in a fic.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3917318/1/MAGICUS_TEMPUS_EXTREMOS

If anyone here knows the author I hope to God they can tell me that this fic is a joke, or that the story will end with a Nuclear bomb killing all the characters.

This fic just proves that FF.Net provides the worst stories in the world of fanfiction. :wall:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  2. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Hyper Epic Failure.

Sweet.

3. yhelo

yhelo Sixth Year

Gentlemen, it is time to pull out the torches and pitchforks.

4. Methene

Methene Auror

Now, now. FFN does have examples of atrocious inventions of mankind, in terms of stories, for which pitchforks just don't cut it. Crucification, large scale cleansing and torture might be required.

However, FFN does host some remarkable stories too. It also has the advantage that you can post anything without much trouble. It is such authors that tarnished it.

EDIT: criticism the whole story is done in bold...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  5. Drake

Drake Seventh Year

This is truly the perfect example of why not everyone should write fanfiction. Complete abuse of the English language, and it uses every cliche in existence.

6. Jolersoer

Jolersoer Third Year

It was so bad it hurts my eyes, it's as if someone had gathered all the crap of the fanfic Harry and put it there...
    The title is all in caps,
    the name of the author is too long to remember correctly,
    Harry found a mysterious spell to go back in time so mysterious that even Sirius seems to know, strange that Voldemort did not use it... and in a letter of his parents who had of cours foreseen that tragic event.
    Ginny is 'his wife, his soul'... no comment,
    Harry has a mysterious good relation with the goblins,
    Dumbledore is a 'meddlesome old fool' before we even know what he did,
    Petunia is a witch <<<<<< O.O
    Grammar mistakes, in the first chapter it's once 'he' then 'I', and 'he' again and various other mistakes

... I'm sure I have forgotten some things, but I will not read it again to find out even though it made me laugh very hard after I had washed my eyes...

Even trying, you couldn't make it worse... or maybe with a shit baby...

7. Dark Lady Pryor

*sarcasm* Hey, just had a thought ... maybe the story ISN'T actually a fic ... but just a small collection of every cliche used in a H/G story. *end sarcasm*

But then again, the story isn't marked as a parody.

Isn't it sad that the author is taking this shit seriously? :wall:

8. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

I think you are all just jealous you didn't write it first.

9. Goofykilledher

Goofykilledher First Year

Total flame bait.

10. Dark Lady Pryor

I hope to God you are being sarcastic - if not, just jump off of a cliff as soon as possible.

11. Methene

Methene Auror

Maybe he is the author?

12. Dark Lady Pryor

Then he should be strung up by his balls and shot for unleashing this piece of shit on the world.

13. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Flame bitten.

14. Dark Lady Pryor

Lmao

Bitten, Burnt and Slaughtered.

15. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

I...I can't...even bear to speak of this fic. Words fail me in the light of such an...abomination of literature.

Really, you guys simply cannot believe how many times I actually groaned and winced as I forced myself through the prologue and the first chapter.

16. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm very, very, very disturbed to know that I've read worse. It may be full of clichés, it may have inconsistent tenses, it may be the most unimaginative fic I've ever read... But it's somewhat well written (technically speaking, since it doesn't have any life whatsoever) and has a plot that can be discerned... Crappy though it may be.

Would still deserve the Hall of Shame, but if we went by that standard 329,000 fics in the HP section would deserve it too :p.

Aekiel

17. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

:D

I read the first chapter. Why go further?

18. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That was the single worst piece of trash that I have ever had the misfortune to read. Mysterious letter, phoenix animagus, time travel, soul bond with "the gruesome one" and font that gave me a headache. Why oh why was the author not aborted? :wall:

19. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

This is even worse than My Immortal in the sense that this is "good" enough so that it can't be mistaken for a parody.

20. Deadman

Deadman First Year

The three things I can't get over with this fic are:

1.) What happens to Dudley? Sorry, he's a right fat bastard, but he's still and 11 year old boy whose mom just walked out after declaring herself a witch. Therapy anyone?

2.) Usually the whole "I'm-from-the-future" aspect of Harry's life is kept a secret. He tells Ginny, the ten-year-old, rather stupid (if Chamber of Secrets taught us anything) little girl.

"Mummy, today Harry and me played tea party, then dress up- Harry doesn't look good in your shoes mummy- and Harry's a really powerful adult wizard from the future, and Harry doesn't like pickles, and I think Harry's eyes are pretty, and Harry says he loves me, and we're magically soul bonded forever and ever, and I like it when Harry touches my pee-hole."

And Molly Weasley's shrieking would alert Voldemort, thus thwarting all of Harry's poorly laid, if laid at all, plans.

3.) The time span in which he has: confronted and bitched out Dumbledore, gotten rid of Snape, freed Sirius, met up with the Weasleys, caused a wedding, infiltrated the minister's office, and lived happily ever after, is apparently just a Tuesday afternoon.

Hmm...what should I do today? Oh! I know, I'll erase an entire timeline and then have tea and a nap. Yea, that sounds good.

Rather impressive spelling and grammar though, for being so awful a story.