1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Eye of Judgement

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Midknight, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

2. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

Good strip, CAD is best when its doing little one offs like that.

Game though doesn't really interest me. Maybe that is just the fact that the awesome duo of Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect are so close and overshadowing everything now. The 360 has a massively impressive Q3/Q4 lineup that makes stuff like this just look mediocre. But to give it credit, this game is very original. I like originality in games, but in this case I'm not sure the originality of the Eyetoy would make the game any more fun...

To be perfectly honest there isn't anything for the PS3 that is impressing me at the moment, and certainly nothing to make me want to put up the money for the console. I used to be a Sony fanboy, a year ago I would have been all over this, what happened Sony? Give us back decent games again.

3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

There are some pretty good games lined up for the PS3, actually, just nothing really exclusive. Kane and Lynch looks awesome, so does The Force Unleashed.

But as for exclusives, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, and Folklore are pretty good actually.

This game looks pretty interesting though.

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Dont worry, EA bought Bioware, so soon you'll see a fuckload of copy/paste ports of anything ever done ported over to PS3.... EA, champion of lazy ass developing.

5. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

You have a point there. It is the exclusives that are the problem, they all just seemed to drop off into multi-console land as time went on. Admittedly if the 360 didn't have Mass Effect going for it exclusively along with games like Gears the same thing could be said about it since it seems most games are heading that way now. Difficulty is though that the decent exclusives out there are going the 360's way, plus the fact that the PS3 is still over £100 dearer....PS3 is on a loser really.

Warhawk I was honestly more interested in before they put in the land stuff - when it was just marketed as a combat flight sim (waaay back now, maybe even 2006, don't remember). Heavenly Sword is very short I am told (7 hoursish?), and I'm not a fan of forking out full price for what I consider to be half a game. I'd probably buy it when it hit £20 if I had a PS3 but not before.
    I do have to say though that the one PS3 game that does impress me is Motorstorm, the 360 racers I have tried just don't match up. The game looks very fun. So the PS3 does admittedly have potential, but at the moment it just seems to be draining away...

As for EA buying Bioware, best not to get me started on that one lol.