1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[FANTASTIC BEASTS SPOILERS] SCREW THAT GUY! (no screw you)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ninclow, Nov 24, 2016.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Ninclow

Ninclow Fifth Year

High Score:
    Hello, my fellow Harry Potter fans, I am a twenty-two year old male, who found this, and actually started to cry. Real life, fudging tears of sadness, of grief, even, and I'm gonna tell you why.

SnitchSeeker: Is there a real Graves? what happened to him?
    David Heyman: That's a very good question. I've been wondering ... I'm amazed more people haven't picked up on that. Yes, there was a real Graves. Yes, someone used some Polyjuice potion and took their place. I don't know where they are at the story's end, But yes, there was a real Graves. We didn't film him. We didn't film the Polyjuice. We just dived into the story midway through.

SnitchSeeker: It is similar to what happened with Crouch and Moody in the fourth book?
    Heyman: Yes.

Here's the thing... It isn't SIMILAR, it's the same, and it's DUMB.

On the HP wikia, the general idea prior to this little reveal was that Grindelwald was so good with Transfiguration that he could take on the likeness of Percival Graves even WITHOUT the use of Polyjuice Potion. And I LOVED it. How awesome, how impressive, that is magic on pair with Dumbledore making himself invisible and Voldemort flying without a broom right there, that's unheard of, it would take Dumbledore to surpass it!

Then Heyman comes along, and suddenly it's like; "Pfffft, screw creativity, screw the fans, screw interesting plots new experiences. Grindelwald, one of the most powerful wizards seen for hundreds and hundreds of years just took a Crouch Jr. Screw giving the audience something new and appealing, we'll REPEAT OURSELVES INSTEAD, been-there-seen-it style, and do exactly the same as before and become lame because of it! Isn't that great, then I don't know what is!"

SnitchSeeker: I guess Colin Farrell won't be back in the sequel?
    Heyman: There's no plans to bring Colin back for the sequel.

SnitchSeeker: Will we see Graves in the future?
    Heyman: I doubt it.

WHAT?! Colin Forel was AWESOME in the role! He was closer to the meanecing Grindelwald by being Grindelwald pretending to be Graves than Depp EVER was while playing the actual Grindelwald. More threatening, charismatic, threatening, ect. Depp plays villains very generically, Forel WAS Grindelwald. And even IF Grindelwald wasn't played by Forel - Graves was a really intriguing character with a lot of potential... DO SOMETHING WITH IT, YOU RETARDS! Have the real Graves show up, heroically going after the tyrant Grindelwald, determined to clear his good name by taking him in or die trying, or simply participate fighting him because it's the right thing to do - I'd LOVE for the real Graves to swoop in and save Newt's life as an ally. Just... DO SOMETHING. DON'T throw him away, idiots!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2016
  2. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Could you fucking not post spoilers without warning you fuck.

3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

You're a fucking moron, if you're talking about a movie that was just released that most everyone on this forum wants to see, then fucking use spoiler tags and let people know that this has Fantastic Beasts spoilers.

4. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

There are at least three other threads that have already been created for FB why bother making a new thread?

Not open for further replies.