1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Grand Order

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Solfege

Solfege Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Depends on what teams you've lined up. Merlin makes buster teams explode. Waver's still solid, just not OP. But you're not going buster or you've no need for more than solid, you're alright.

2. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

They fill the same roll in the way that Marshmallows and Chocolate will both fulfill a sweet craving. Good on their own... But when you put em together you get something even better.

They're similar in that theyre both support Casters that do roughly the same thing, with each leading in certain areas. Waver excels in charging his team's NP, while Merlin adds a full team invuln and stargen.

But Merlin is the guy who broke the meta.

Prior to his release Quick teams were pretty much king - Star generator, off generator/damage, primary crit dealer. Merlin made that pretty much obsolete with his stargenning NP. The meta completely shifted to Arts from then on, to the point that Skadi's release was a big deal in that she was supposed to be the Quick Merlin.

And let's not forget this 3rd skill which at lvl 10 increases Buster performance by 50% and Crit damage by 100%

Merlin/Waver/Damage Dealer is pretty much only beaten by Merlin/S.Merlin/Damage Dealer.

But if you want to skip him, go right ahead. He's going to be on damn near everyone's support list anyway.

Always prioritize the waifu.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  3. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

@Onii You still haven’t replied yet. If you still want a spot let me know and I will open a spot for you again.

4. Onii

Onii Slug Club Member

Sorry, been busy at work. my ID is 053,475,312

5. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    In other news: the newest SSR in JP has a skill that freezes your hand of cards for three turns. You could, in theory, go for three straight turns of one Servant's Buster Brave Chain.

6. Dr. Strange Lulz

Yeah summer BB looks OP as hell. Her NP looks cool as shit too.

Now that I have a decent Archer, I'd just like to give a shout out to David AKA The Little Archer that Could. Dude helped me get through fights I had absolutely no right to win. David and Hans is a phenomenal start to a budget team.

7. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Seems like my Gyaru Waifu is very very OP. Neat. Meanwhile Saber Medb and Ushi seem to be decent and fulfill their role well, which is good enough for me to grail them without regrets.

8. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

Prillya event leaked. 23 August release date. The vid and all NP’s is already available on their youtube account. The corresponding discription says its release date is the 23th.

https://imgur.com/a/9ZhNUWb

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  9. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Nothing like getting 3 Hearts without using Apples because you don't really need them.

10. Dr. Strange Lulz

Questions for you guys -

What makes you accept a particular friend request?
    What makes you deny a friend request?
    And what makes you kick people from your friends list?

Personally, I already have a solid base of support servants to call on, so at this point Ive started accepting people who have grailed interesting servants. I also like adding newbs and giving them a chance to improve and level.

I immediately deny anyone who - is above level 30 and just has Mash as support. Has a full support roster and most of them are lvl 1. Has a full roster of leveled servants who all have 1/1/1 for skills. Those Are the big ones for me.

Kicking is based entirely on last login. Oh, or newbs haven't progressed at all in a week so they get kicked and replaced.

11. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

I recently kicked a bunch of people that haven't played in 100+(some 300+) days. I also tend to regularly deny people who are below level 30, or only have a level 1 Mash support.

That said, I do look at the support setup, and if it looks like they're trying I give them a chance.

I remember how glad I was to get some higher level support's to help me out.

12. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

If I know that particular person. I frequently get 10+ friend request due to my nature as a whale. At this point I only accept people I know.

If I see said person has a very low master level with a support page that is mostly empty. I just assume the odds of that person quitting is higher than others, hence I rather pick someone that remains active. Alternatively, if I see my friend request page is completely filled up then I clear out everything that doesn't look appealing.

When I need slots for friends or when I see a person being inactive for longer than a day and I don't know the person.

13. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I tend to accept every request sent, even if they're <30 with just Mash. It means more FP, and I remember how many times I was carried by a support in the early game, so I like to pay it back. I tend to purge when I update my own support list (so before and after events), but generally only people who haven't figured out how to add new supports, or any non-whales with a long time since last log in.

My current support set up isn't great - I'm lacking a lot of gems, so skills are low - but I've got slots open on NA 939,928,583. List below because the picture is terrible quality.
    Martha Ruler 70 1/1/1 (fourth ascension, maxed stats)
    Saber Alter 70 6/6/6 (fourth ascension)
    Archuria NP2 50 2/0/0 (no ascensions)
    Kiyolancer 70 1/2/1 (fourth ascension)
    Kintoki Rider 76 NP5 1/8/1 (fourth ascension)
    Nitocris 60 1/2/0 (second ascension)
    Jack 80 2/2/1 (third ascension)
    Ibaraki 80 2/2/1 (fourth ascension, maxed stats)
    Mash 60 6/6/6 (maxed stats)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  14. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

I'll add you @Thaumologist. Does someone here have the tag "Jithra"? At times I kinda forget whose who.

If its no one here, I am gonna purge him.

15. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I keep my list at 69/70, and I tend to only fill that last spot if the request comes from a DLPer. I have 10 or 11 very active uberwhales to keep me company in the difficult events, so I generally don't go support hunting anymore.

I'm pretty generous with absences; 14 days without login then kicked. Although nowadays, that is a rare occurance. I have reached critical Fate dork saturation and I rarely see anybody in my list gone more than 1 or 2 days.

If multiple people do fall by the wayside, I will usually fill in with mid range masters who don't have a full list of 80s and 90s.

I've added you as well, @Thaumologist. I've got one spot left if anyone needs. 978,840,921

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  16. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Someone I know well or a whale I add.

Not being one of the above.

Being inactive more than 5 days or me needing space for a friend or a whale.

I'm a very complex man.

17. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

Speaking of the upcoming event, any tips for specific servants that'd be useful to have for it? I'm busy atm and can't google it till later tonight, thought I'd post a quick question see if anyone knows offhand.

18. Simplicity

Simplicity Third Year

To accept someone, they either need to have a few interesting servants for me to use, be someone I know, or have a hilarious username. Seriously. My own roster is plenty for me to get by due to RNG luck, so unless someone has something to offer, well. My list is already at 56 friends.

I instantly deny anyone just starting, or who has servants with their skills all at 1. If they're only trying to leech servants from me and have nothing to offer / are not a friend, then I'll just deny them. I know it might be harsh denying newbies, but many of them play the game to try it and go inactive right after.

Pretty much, only time I remove someone is if they've been inactive after X amount of days, depending on if my list is full or if I knew the person. For randomers, if they've not been in on about 2/3 weeks, I'll remove them. For anyone else, 50+ days. At that point I assume they're done with the game and gone the way of the Jon.

19. Dr. Strange Lulz

Event Guide

The two shop CE's: Kaleid Ruby and Kaleid Sapphire buff Buster and Arts damage respectively, and can only be used on Female servants.

There are also going to be a ton of Casters to fight, as well as an Archer here or there.

So buff up on Female Arts or Buster Riders and Lancers.

And thanks for answering those questions, folks. I was curious about how everyone approached the various aspects of their friends lists.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  20. Solfege

Solfege Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Someone I know, the occasional whale, or someone who has a support list to diversify my holdings.

Someone I don't know or can't help me diversify.

Inactivity, if I ever get around to checking the list.