1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Did I get lucky right now, is this a bug or has this always been the case?

Playing an ARAM, been using my barrier as Elise to absorb Karthus ult because he's kamikaze mode rather than trying too much, finally had to use barrier to avoid Fizz killing me so Karthus ults and I repelled halfway through... and lived?

I'm sure Elise's rappel doesn't actually dodge it and that you still take damage as it happened recently in the LCS - Though they were mid animation of going up, whereas I was already up there - And I know I dodged it because my hp stayed in the 420's with regen. So, luck, bug or intended?

2. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

It'd always been able to dodge it, it makes you untargetable in the same way as Zhonya's or Vlad's pool, though I think DoTs can still hurt you.

3. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

This is correct. Ignite, and other DoTs(although not ground-specific ones, of course) such as Teemo's poison, Talon's Bleed, Malzahar's AIDS... they will still hurt you while using rappel. You will avoid Karthus ult, and any other impacts during that time, though.

4. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Just had a Bullshit game in Solo q.

A TF called mid. The last remaining person chose Kha. Kha wanted mid as soon as game started and our Vayne asked TF to come bot and be Support. I was Jungle Yi, with a Teemo up top.

Suffice it to say...Tf put up a motherload of a whine fest... so much so that he was typing more than doing anything else. And of course Vayne fed. Then TF fed. Mid Kha Fed. And then I fed.

Final Score was 4 40. 4 of course being our team. With me being 3/10. And the rest of the deaths being spread out almost evenly.

Now, this is actually par for the course in Solo Q. I get 1 out of 10 games like this.
    I generally don't get mad, in fact, I'm downright cheerful. Because I know myself, I'm an Average player at best and I play for fun.

But then this TF starts the usual sling of insults, noob, Go Delete LOL, What crackpot did you crawl out from, I have fans and they're 100% better than you, and a various combination of curse words.

...I've had a really bad day today and I sorta got riled up. I basically told him to delete himself from life. And then went on a spiel about how societal evolution is necessary and a culling of the incredibly stupid i.e him and his fans needs to happen....So on and So forth.

Why am I feeling bad for telling someone to kill themselves?

Did I kill a man today? Am I a Murderer?

;-;

I shouldn't feel bad. But I do. What if that guy really kills himself?

:/

5. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ...somehow I doubt it, and even if he does, it was still his choice to give up. Any person so messed up as to kill themselves after an internet argument obviously already has much larger and much more serious problems.

On the note of Raging, I tend to do it as well. Though not nearly so much when a game is just lost from the beginning. My rage tends to happen most often and most intensely when a game is being won and then is thrown by stupidity or childishness. Especially if I'm the one carrying the game.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  6. Daedros

Daedros Seventh Year

Just a quick reply to Trooper: you feel bad because you know what you did was wrong. Was him raging at you right? No. Was it right for you to rage back at him? No.

But it's okay. We all have bad days, and it's clear from how you feel about the situation that you're not a person who habitually does this. Will that TF kill himself? I highly doubt it. More importantly, are you likely to tell someone that again after doing it once and feeling this way?

I hope not.

Best of luck in the yolo queues, gents.

7. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Yep. Can dodge karthus ult with shaco ult too

8. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

Proper response to toxicity is ignore or mute if it's that bad, then report. If you don't feed the trolls, they will starve and die.

9. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    That is a myth. Thiskind of troll has developed so that it feeds on its own shit, thus enabling it to function indefinitely without food.

Really, its a mercy killing.

10. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have to quit playing Viktor for awhile, apparently. Because for some reason, often after I use his death ray or his ult, I can't flash. It's gotten me killed several times when I should survive.

FAIL.

11. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

THAT HAPPENED TO ME TODAY TOO. I thought it was just me being slow or something. It was so retarded. Like, it wasn't even just a one time thing, happened multiple times in the same game.

12. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Is there any particular reason we don't see Renekton middle?

Also have been thinking about learning Kennen now that he's nerfed to more acceptable levels of power and counterplay. Thinking of picking those two up in a general sense to expand my pool a bit, right now most of the champions i'm best at don't have any escapes, which will get more and more heavily punished as I move up with MMR tree, especially since I like to play bully lanes.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  13. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

Because he's melee? Mid's also shorter than top so ult baits and all-ins are much riskier and difficult to pull off. He won't be able to farm because he'll get harassed to shit if he goes for cs and bursted down if he tries to dash, he'll be forced into a sub-optimal MR heavy build to survive laning and be more susceptible to ganks. He can't build up fury without pushing the wave or eating harass, and no fury gimps his entire kit.

Compare him to Pantheon, who has a reliable gap close stun, ranged harass and a means of safely farming, solid burst and most importantly, a means of effectively roaming.

Idunno, lol. Try him out mid and tell us how it goes.

14. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Happy Yi's become a staple ban in Ranked after a game against him in ARAM, god damn. Adding the ability to crit to his Q and that massive AS buff on his ult... Just, whose idea was that exactly?

Admittedly our comp had no hard CC bar me as Skarner but QSS just makes me pointless so, bleh.

AP Nasus with Panth & Yi just wrecks people in ARAM even when you have 300 armor and health to boot.

15. Phantom of the Library

Phantom of the Library Unspeakable

I'm a little confused as to why people are saying Master Yi is OP now. Sure, he is the reset master, but all of his previous issues still exist. His damage output was never an issue, because you just shut him down early game and CC him to shit throughout. GG, useless Yi.

I guess I just fail to see why these changes would affect this. Slightly more mobility with his Q? Seems more like people just didn't play AD Yi anymore and everyone forgot that you're not supposed to feed him.

16. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

I agree with this tbh. While more mobility is nice, and definitely makes AD Yi a lot more viable now, he's not that bad to play against now that everyone understands his kit. As always, he vulnerable to CC and dies pretty quickly, especially if he goes Glass Cannon. I'd say his laning phase is actually weaker right now than previously, mainly due to Double Strike changes. I do agree his Q damage is kind of retarded though, but that's also his sole damage ability (not counting autos).

17. Phantom of the Library

With only 35 damage per rank, his Q is still reliant on getting a huge gold advantage to really do silly damage, so it's not like he has the reliable damage based on levels like a true AD Caster. So really, even then, shut him down and his Q isn't that bad.

And even if he goes for an early Quicksliver Sash, that's 1550 gold /not/ being spent on offensive stats, putting him back substantially because it slows his steamroll. Plus with a 90 second cooldown it's not really the answer to all of his problems.

18. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

It was more the particular team comps than Yi himself, I just hate the fact his Q can crit now even though it's not a bad idea given he'd do no damage otherwise even if he didn't get cc'd from the start of a fight.

0 CC and then giving him an AP Nasus maxing E + Pantheon with Black Cleaver meant he reset for days either way. Just the luck of the draw going against our team. He needs the mobility & the ability to reset, I just think it's silly an ability he can use, do a crap load of damage and escape unscathed from is kinda silly, doubly so when his auto's shorten the CD, lets say he auto's a few minions whilst running away etc.

TLDR; Butthurt over resetting assassins when team has 0 CC in aram. Also Fizz is true terror.

19. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Nonetheless, I think the biggest problem with the increase usage in melee adc (Tryndamere, Yi), is that split pushing is become more and more popular. They are also very hard to go against, unless you have a good engage (J4, Zac, Ashe, etc). It definitely makes games a lot more frustrating to play, especially since it's very very hard to 1v1 those melee adcs.

20. Phantom of the Library

Heh, fair enough. ARAM being ARAM. I was more speaking in general, though, as it's something I've heard a lot lately.

Eh, even with his autos reducing the cooldown, it's not that great an escape mechanism because it is targeted. His ultimate is actually the main reason he can disengage well, imo.

As for damage, I'm not really that impressed with it, to be honest. The base damage is low and the scaling, even with a crit, is beat out by others. Like say, accelerated Shock Blast from Jayce. And Jayce is a ranged character (mostly) making him a safer pick (usually.)

Sure, if he gets a lot of resets things get silly, but then you're letting a Master Yi get multi kills and you /deserve/ to lose.

Really, his damage is still mainly coming from his autos.

But is this really a bad thing? Maybe I'm biased because I actually like playing melee ADC (Fiora represent, wut wut) but if they ever want to be viable at all levels of play they need something more than the ability to 100-0 someone to make up for their riskier pick.

Not open for further replies.