1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Doublelift probably wouldn't think his role is irrelevant if he was ever in a goddamn team fight.

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Doublelift is still the best ADC NA, which is sad because he is pretty off his game.

3. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Mechanically, sure, he's amazing. Put him in a team fight and he'll make magic happen. Good luck ever getting him into a team fight though because his game sense is horrible. All that mechanical skill is completely wasted when he's split pushing on Vayne/Tristana all day.

Doublelift needs to start taking Teleport instead of Barrier. Or alternately, he needs to actually group up with his team after 30 minutes.

4. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Plus there are few ADCs worse at split-pushing than Vayne, which Dlift is pretty much a god at.
    Tristana, sure, but not Vayne.

5. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I don't know, split-push Vayne can be scary if farmed or fed because she's such a stupidly strong duelist [against the kind of champions I play]. For me when I analyze a character for split push ability there are 3 variables; Ability to duel an opponent, ability to push quickly, and ability to escape pursuit. If you're strong at all 3, you're basically golden (Nasus, Riven, Nidalee, Aatrox, etc.) but even champions who can do 2 well are worth thinking about. Champions who can do 2 exceptionally well (strong duelist and strong clear, or strong clear and push, etc.) can be solo Queue heroes. Trufact, most of the time I play Morde top I play split-push Morde because he just crushes towers and duels amazingly well (because people are dumb and fight in their own creep wave).

I thinks split push as a strategy got a lot weaker though, by the tower changes and the tank-heavy meta (which tend to be good initiators). One person was never intended to be able to push as well as 5 people, but if the 4 can stall the 5 you can get work done.

6. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    A. Vayne is a good duelist, but most Assassins/Mid Laners can usually burst her down before she can do the damages, unless she gets the stun off, in which case they deserved death anyhow.
    But her clear is terrible, unless she has ... ergh, I forgot the name of it, but you know it.
    And she has zero escapes, so she will either kill or be killed.

7. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

8. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

CLG are just washed up at the minute, for all the talk of change, new strats and the potential they seem to have every 3 - 4 months, they never change.

Every lane gets shit on, they never group properly, Doublelift will always be split-pushing or out of position if/when he ever decides to group and there's a 95% chance that Doublelift will be the only one doing any kind of damage when it comes to fights so they get rolled over.

Dexter should help with this, and people are being overly harsh on him after 2 games - and he had to deal with the worst situation for any jungler, that being his lanes getting trashed on their own or being more or less un-gankable.

These days I'm just happy to see CLG lose because as much as I know Dlift is just trying to create interest and be jokey with his trashtalk, it's still nice to see his team consistently get put down hard so it comes back to haunt him. I just don't like cocky or arrogant people, so, more power to the other NA teams against CLG when Dlift opens his mouth.

As for everything else, C9 looked far better than Fnatic, still not seeing the hype about Rekkles being worth it and every other EU LCS team should be licking their lips with Fnatic looking out of form; that said, they've got 3 weeks to recover, reflect and realise their picks/bans were total shite.

9. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Doublelift has been polite and reserved in all of his interviews in the last couple years. What the fuck are you talking about.

He gets shit because he trashtalked a long time ago, and people will always keep that over him, but it is still bullshit that I didn't expect to hear around here.

10. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Lol what? Dlift is polite on the casters desk etc because he has to be, he's getting paid by the company he represents playing their game, of course he's gonna be nice.

I'm talking about his ironic statement about calling everyone else trash or whoever he's playing against trash right before he gets dumpstered. When CLG actually do well and he can back-up his shit talking in more than one game a split maybe I'll be impressed but till then Dlift's just annoying to listen to.

11. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    When was this?

And even so, two points. Most (if not all), say pretty much the same thing. Secondly, Dlift can actually back it up, considering he wins his lane 90% of the time. Outside of lanes though, CLG's situation is a different matter.

My point is, Dlift is no more annoying than any pro player, it's just that people see it as trashtalk rather than a pro speaking of his competition, because of an attitude he stopped having long ago.

12. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

After a year and a half of getting destroyed in games and then mocked on Reddit for a month whenever he opens his mouth to say something, Doublelift has really toned down the trash talk. Dyrus has picked up right where he left off, but he doesn't get anywhere near as much shit for it because for some unfathomable reason everyone loves TSM.

If you want to direct your hate at a team who deserves it, you should be looking at Curse. Voyboy is just as cocky, iwilldominate was banned for a year for being an arrogant cunt in game, they managed to fuck over two amateur teams and two players with the whole Aphromoo/Pobelter saga and Cop... well, Cop just has a face which needs to be punched.

13. Torric

Torric Third Year

I was a pretty big LiftLift fanboy and CLG was my favorite team in NA before everyone (including me) started laughing at how terrible the NA scene is comparative to the rest of the world.

The thing about CLG is that they always seem to have the intent to change, to have newer and better strategies going into each game. Problem is, the minute something goes wrong, they'll default back to giving all the farm to Doublelift and hope he carries. That might have worked in S2, but given that ADC's state now, its a no go.

I was optimistic when they announced that MonteCristo was coaching them. In my opinion he's probably the most knowledgeable caster of the lot and while he may not be an amazing player, he knows what works and what doesn't. You could forgive CLG for not changing to what MC envisioned their strategy to be in their first few games with him as coach, but after such a long time and still no change I've given up on the team.

As far as I'm concerned, CLG's long past their prime and simply can't adapt. As much as I like DoubleLift, I think they need to either drop or move him to another position so that they will stop defaulting to Protect the ADC strat.

14. TSN

TSN Auror

with season 4 on the way, I like how much change is thrown at the meta.

15. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

I was cheering for COG to fuck over Curse, unfortunately they played 2 of the most terrible farming games for no reason and managed to have a terrible pick/ban session in both games as well because they valued Sivir far too much for no reason. I honestly don't know what was going through their heads when they decided they should play the farming game when they had the weaker of the 2 comps in both games, and against a freaking Draven to boot.

TSM are only the fan favourites because they crushed the NA scene for Season 2 & basically built up a fanbase that's loyal to them. As soon as TheOddOne retires or Dyrus disappears so will the TSM fanbase, or certainly a large portion of it. Dyrus, just like Dlift has been made a fool of with his trashtalking so, I dunno. Maybe pro's will one day realise talking trash = guaranteeing their own defeat in the upcoming matches.

There's no real place for it in the game, rivalries are strong enough between certain teams because of tournament performances without everyone whipping their verbal dick out to lambaste everyone else.

16. TSN

TSN Auror

Meh, truly the gods hate me. that game. Enemy team comp. rammus, cho'gath, leona, nasus, twitch. fuck, the game lasted 1 hour and we lost because nasus got so fed and tanky he manage to kill 3 tower + 1 innib when there was no minion of his team around. after a ace where he was the only survivor of both side. (played kha'zix and ended it at 9/9/19)

17. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Anyone been playing Trundle top lately vs the seemingly S2 meta of tanky top laners?

I've been unable to play for a few days and have yet to test it out whenever I've had the chance but feel like it's a really strong pick as he can trade fairly well, his ult destroys their tankiness and if you rush a Blade on him, you should easily be winning the lane.

Of course the weaknesses are that you're relatively simple to gank if you just used your pillar and you can get bullied regardless of your Q debuff till around 6. Sustain also makes me wonder if it would be worth playing 4£ or so lifesteal with pure AD to trade or go down the ArP/AD path for better early trades.

18. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Trundle is pretty much my go-to top laner. He deals with tanks really well, but manaless fighters like Renekton, Rengar or Riven tend to fuck him over because his mana pool just can't support constant fighting. He's one of the only champions where I still start with a Crystalline Flask every game.

The trouble is, even though he shreds through tanks and he'll win a 1v1 fight against damn near anyone in the game, his lack of hard CC means that he can only fight people dumb enough to stand still. Pillar of Ice is godly if you're fighting in the jungle or in the middle of a team fight, but it's significantly less useful in lane and it's practically useless against anyone with a blink or dash. If you're expecting kills in lane, you'll want a jungler with hard CC. Trundle doesn't initiate team fights very well either, so make sure your team has that covered elsewhere.

For items, Blade of the Ruined King is practically mandatory. The attack speed of BotRK and Frozen Domain let you easily shred through anyone dumb enough to stand and fight you, but you might not want to rush it as your first item though. Consider a Tiamat rush instead. That'll give you the waveclear to deal with pushers like Shyvana or Singed, as well as better 'burst' trading with the Auto-Chomp-Tiamat double attack reset combo. Don't bother upgrading to Ravenous Hydra until later, it doesn't give you enough to be worth delaying BotRK for. Spirit Visage is almost mandatory too, the healing boost makes you practically immortal while Subjugate is running. Iceborn Gauntlet is another great item, the mana is really useful and the AoE slow makes him harder to kite away from.

For runes, I prefer flat AD over ArP because his early last hitting kinda sucks. LS quints are great for a heavy harass lane and let you farm your Golems/Wight camp without losing too much health, but they're overkill for a more passive opponent like Nasus. AS reds and MS quints are decent options too, but they're better for jungle Trundle than they are for top lane.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  19. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    -Lose 20-9-8 Fizz game while wearing my Fizz hat.
    -Cry

20. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Not open for further replies.