1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Let's go CLG! Going 4-0 this Super Week, for sure!

It was such an awesome game, glad I watched it live. Tomorrow's CLG vs TSM is hopefully going to be just as awesome.

---------- Post automerged 03-08-2014 at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-07-2014 at 07:10 PM ----------

I am so fucking disappointed right now.

Well played TSM and they are definitely the #1 team right now after that stomping. Very well executed strategy from them.

I wonder what made CLG completely ignore Dyrus and shaft Nien like that. I think it was definitely a bit of hubris on CLG's part to say "oh, we have Vayne, Renek won't be a problem."

2. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Super-Week rant regarding EG below, avoid if you're not into the LCS.

EG need to find a (new) coach/analyst, assuming they even have one. Then the players need to sit down, watch the replays from their own PoV and hammer home every single mistake, though I'm starting to wonder if time's just starting to be up for the core of ex CLG-EU.

Snoopeh - Too aggressive when he shouldn't be, either doesn't communicate when he goes in, or decides to do so before informing the team, often dies whilst getting little done. Just needs to stick to tanks I feel and stop counter-jungling if he gets spotted; too easy to be closed in on without support.

Yellowpete - Mixed bag, some days he shines and other days his positioning is just dreadful, gets hit far too often in early laning phase and seems to have a passive playstyle which is the polar opposite of Krepo.

Krepo - Needs to expand his champion pool, or look on his choices. Morgana does nothing outside of black shield if you can't land the binding. Her ult? Useless. Binding? Fairly certain it's tied for slowest projectile in the game, and if you miss it, she does nothing. If he wants CC, take Annie. Point & click, or better yet; instant AoE stun.

Innox - Again, mixed bag. Seems to like playing carry champions, only... He doesn't do well in lane, and like Snoopeh seems to overestimate his own damage/potential.

Pobelter - Arguably the 'star' of EG yet still has moments where it's like watching someone in Gold. He can shine, he can outplay people, he can carry, but he can also be a dead weight and make questionable choices, like the rest of the team.

TLDR; EG need this week 'break' to sort their shit out, pick up the slack and work together as a team. Their comp's don't make any sense, they seem to lack any real 'gelling' which at this point is unbelievable and if they have a coach/analyst, I'm beginning to wonder if they even listen to them.

3. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

4. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Flappy Teemo is way too easy. I got to like 10 while still waking up.

Ranked is down. Fuck everything.

5. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

The NA servers have been fucking awful lately. Not a single game without lag spikes up to 2000 frequently.

6. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

7. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Looks like it had something to do with them moving Team Builder over, all better now.

8. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

So I had uninstalled LoL 3 months back because I was getting too worked up and there was too much rage around me (both aimed towards me and aimed from me).

Reinstalling now. >_>
    And I see Xiph0 is playing LoL now. D:

Also, now I have a new HD 7790 Graphics card, so I really want to see what difference it makes from the GT 240 I had previously.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  9. Dante

Dante Slug Club Member

10. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    And people still doubt esports are legitimate sports?

11. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

Played a normal with Lexicat and ChaosGuy. Ashe instalocks, no biggie, no one wants to play adc. Then she start coin. I don't notice until lane, checking to see if she used her pot. Thus begins the wtf. She has 1/10th the CS of enemy jinx 15 minutes in, all I can do is help our jungle take drag then go mid. For her first item, Ashe builds Phantom dancer. Game loss there pretty much since their Jinx is super fed (first from free farm then from 1v1 kills) and our AD does no damage.

At least it wasn't ranked. Not that I play ranked anyway.

12. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

13. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

And Lexi. :sherlock:

14. Daedros

Daedros Seventh Year

So far my impressions of season 4 are that in season 3 level differences and gold differences were a lot more punishing than they are now. In late season 3 before the snowballing changes, it almost felt sometimes like there was no lategame if a team was coordinated enough; in season 4, it feels like there's a defined early and late game, and that there's a definite chance of comeback late. I think the best way to define it is that teamwork got buffed; the power of team coordination feels significantly stronger in S4 than it did last season. I suppose overall this means the snowballing changes were effective.

It's also interesting how inhib changes have affected things; in season 3 before the inhib changes (when inhibs being down boosted all minions) getting baron and losing inhib was generally considered a losing trade, but now I think it's the other way around.

I do like jungling and supporting a lot more now than I ever did before, so that's a big plus. Sadly, ad carry was my main role in season 3 and I don't enjoy it much anymore. It reminds me a lot of S3 support; if you're the AD carry, you're really reliant on your team playing properly around you. It could definitely be that I just haven't really learned to play ADC in the S4 meta yet, though, so I'm still trying to work it out.

Also, just for shits and giggles I went SOTD rush AD Eve the other day in a normal and destroyed everyone. It was ridiculously fun. I'm skeptical about its overall use as a build since I ended up getting a triple kill bot early which put me way ahead of where I'd normally be, but it was definitely an interesting experience.

15. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Don't know if Riot is just trolling right now, but the region is undefined and you can't hit play button (For NA at least).

But, the weird part is if you type in thereisnourflevel into client, the play button works again......

16. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Edit: I'm wrong.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  17. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

thereisnourflevel has been a thing for god knows how long ago, pretty much instantly after Riot removed the usability of KONAMI-code. I've been really surprised how little-known trick it has been.

18. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Dear Riot,

This:

Collateral Damage [ R ]

Explosion damage increased from 140/250/360 to 250/350/450

Is NEVER a good idea. Ever. And I love Graves.

Sincerely,

Players Everywhere

19. Daedros

Daedros Seventh Year

Could you possibly elaborate as to why we should all be running around wailing and gnashing our teeth?

20. redshell

redshell Order Member

From what I understand, WF thinks that Graves is in a good place right now, power-wise. Either that or he thinks that Graves is already very powerful, and buffing him will only return us to the time of Caitlyn/Graves/Vayne, or lose.

Possibly. Personally, I don't mind the buff - if the damage scaling on it takes a hit, that is. Otherwise, no.

Not open for further replies.