1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. foreveryone

foreveryone Third Year

Also, there seems to be a misunderstanding about jungle timers, they only pop up when you actually see the camp die or clear it yourself. If the enemy team kills dragon and you have no vision on it, and 30 seconds later you pass the dragon pit, you will not gain a timer.

2. Plagueis

Plagueis Squib

The only problem I have with it is the fact that you can't punish enemy junglers for being lazy, which surprisingly enough happens every other game. But sure it won't have a huge impact on the game it's just a preference I have.

3. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Lazy junglers won't even check the timers. Some will, but most of them still won't be at their buffs the second they spawn. And of the few who are, most won't realise that because you know exactly when they're going to be on the top side of the map doing their red, you can safely gank bot lane for a double kill, tower and dragon.

Saying that you can't punish enemy junglers any more is bullshit. You now know exactly what information they have. You have a whole new world of mind games to play on them.

4. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

It doesn't really make much of a difference for me. Everybody keep track of timers anyways when I play. But, less scrolling up so that's a good thing.

5. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

DOOM BOTS ARE LIVE DRSKFBKJDSKJBDSFLKAKJBWK.WG
    'V#AE

6. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Played a couple games last night. Timers made a difference. Lot more invading to check their buffs, more team coordinated dragons.

7. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Going to check it out later today. If we're lucky, this will encourage less passive play from the EU and NA regions. More invading means more chance to engage with the enemy team.

Please, please. Constant passive farming gets so old.

8. Oz

Do you really think the timers will have any effect on competitive play...?

9. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

No. Highly doubt it. Pros definitely all check timers anyways.

10. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

Beat all three levels of doombot, but I can't say I was much use to my team for the last one. The bots are really fun to play against, in a "bang your head on your keyboard" kind of way. Giant Tibber be cray.

11. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not a serious effect. It'll be one less thing that they have to keep track of themselves. I figure at a pro level it will have some side benefits, mostly. Allowing them to focus more on other matters than on keeping timers, either just by memory or by noting it in chat.

What I think it will have an impact on is less high level play. The lower the level of play, the more impact. As skill increases so does the number of people who keep track of jungle timers on their own, but with the system now automated less experienced or skilled players will be able to check it much easier, giving them information to use in the game that they probably otherwise wouldn't have.

It's an interesting topic, trying to predict all the little ways this change will affect the game.

Probably going to play some doombots soon. Hoping we don't have to resort to backdooring too often. I want to conquer in glorious combat, not exploit AI faults and limitations.

12. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Well... played five matches and beat each of the levels on my first try with 3/4/5 man pre-mades. Five matches because another friend came on and we had to do Bots level 2 again for him(lost then won).

19/4/2, 21/3/5, 20/9/7(the Defeat), 17/4/5, and 16/4/14. The first four as Akali, and the last one as Lux(1065 AP only, since I couldn't afford to get rid of my boots). I haven't played against Bots in such a long time, I forgot how bad they are in handling stealth. Sometimes if they were low HP and I dropped into my shroud, they would stop fleeing and instantly start to recall once I disappeared.

I kind of feel bad of taking advantage of it sometimes, but considering our double-random bot lane in the first game had a combined score of 7/15/15(3/13/8 at one point), I don't regret it that badly.

Honestly, the scariest Doom Bot to me, for some reason, tended to be Malzahar. He just did so much damage. Annie was annoying, and Morgana snares were very dangerous. Also, Ezreal ult really caught me off guard the first time I engaged him(of course, that was the game where bot lane fed early, so he also hit harder than expected).

All in all, it's fairly entertaining, but still gimmicky as bots tend to be. The primary threat is the simple fact that they are outright more dangerous than the given characters otherwise should be. Some of the Doom mods are significantly more threatening than others.

13. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lux is hilariously OP. If you're standing anywhere near minions prepare to be hit by 15 snares.

14. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Hmm, well, I was playing Akali, but I generally found Lux to be pretty easy. Zyra and Ziggs were easy kills, too.

Blitz was a true troll from start to finish. Recall baiting, and once he even simply chose to come on screen and proceed to walk(and only walk, no ability usage) through our entire team to get to the other side, all by himself, laughing the entire way until he died.

15. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

My team tried to do dragon against doom bots. Without clearing wards.

"Wait is that a TF ult?"
    "Yup."
    "GG porting in 1v5 you stupid b- HOLY SHIT IT'S THE WHOLE TEAM!!"

And then we got aced.

16. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

It's also interesting to even see their corpses show the TF ult effect when the Doom Bots' team has whatever trigger it has to go to Dragon.

17. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

CLG vs LMQ today was super entertaining.

Goddamit CLG, that 20 min baron... And then the double Quadrakills by Doublelift... my heart can't take anymore =(

18. Oz

Glad I dropped those shitters Hai and Balls for Vooby and Quas. [noparse]:^)[/noparse]

19. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Curse never fail to disappoint, get a good lead, start winning fights convincingly and then throw it all away in one fight because of two things.

1) Cop. Just, I don't care what people say about him mechanically, positioning, whatever - the day he actually grows a pair of balls and gets invested into a teamfight and does what his freaking role is required to do; auto attack - then I'll do something stupid to celebrate a momentous victory for Curse.

Unless Curse are rolling a fight, he never seems to do jack-shit. He spent what, 3 seconds trying to stutter and make his mind up in that 3 vs 2 by Baron? Just a-move and get on with it.

2) Target calling. Xpecial made the game-winning hook and flay on Sneaky. What do Curse do? Get Sneaky down to like 20% - I can't recall if he flashed out or not after this, but they just left him alone afterwards. He was stood right there, next to Lemon and Hai.

Meanwhile Voyboy and Cop, well within range to kill Sneaky, focus down Lemon. Sneaky mops up what's left of Curse and Cloud 9 go on to win the game.

Curse, forever 4th.

Fantasy wise, Riot seems to have fucked up as Doublelift's finished on 5 points total despite 2 quadra's + his other points against LMQ. Doesn't bother me as I stomped my match-up this week but it's weird to see the system just blank out Doublelift.

Edit; They fixed it, 38 or so points despite losing - impressive showing albeit the 2nd quadra was spoonfed by LMQ's cockiness.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  20. Oz

Yeah, takes a while for the points to show up sometimes.

Not open for further replies.