1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Thx for the inspiration... I will see what I can afford and play.

And yeah.. nice patch.

2. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Christ, new Yi is broken as fuck.

Built Statik Shiv, Berserkers Greaves, Ravenous Hydra, Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer and was on my way to an Atma's.

So broken. D:

So fun. [noparse]:D[/noparse]

3. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Kind of curious to see Yi in a game as I'll finally be getting back into ranked tomorrow, not sure if dreading it or excited - much like when SG Udyr was released.

Still, at least he's somewhat less annoying with the meditate nerfs against towers and it being based off his current hp. Dreading my run in with the first decent Yi though, you just know someone will pick something crazy like Lux mid, run no armor and get destroyed because they forgot/didn't read the patch notes.

Honestly I'm most excited for the MR/item changes in general. Still dislike the Bulwark saying bye-bye but it was ultimately needed, that item was just so strong come mid-game even with a glass-cannon team. Starting to think what items I can build after SoAG/Locket as technically you're up what, 400 gold on the previous patch due to Locket being cheaper than Bulwark?

Feel like Visage is the way to go, that item now is just insane, doubly so if you play Vlad/Swain. Perhaps I can finally get some damage on Nautilus, or just keep going for 2 giants belts after the initial items for that crazy shield.

4. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Cowl is so apeshit broken.

For 4.1k gold you can constantly chug hp potions in combat, get +100 mr, and +650 health. You can also drink an actual health potion if you have one too. Galio fell in love with this item, I think, and it's hard no to justify just the banshee's veil (~2.6k gold) against any top laner with any magic damage at all (Darius, Teemo, and Singed are going to rage) and anyone with a DOT (except Fizz). If Liandry procs the cowl effect, they have basically removed the item from the game.

Guess I'll need a new Morde build. I used to rush the liandry for the R damage, but if cowl becomes popular i'll need to rework how I run bruiser Morde top.

5. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It works really well on Vlad mid as well. I shut down a Leblanc really hard. She could barely touch me after I bought cowl.

Mundo loves it vs dual AP comps, too.

I wouldn't say 'apeshit' broken though. Perhaps it needs some tuning, but not heavy nerfs.

It's not 100 mr or 650 health, either. It's 55 mr and 400 health, and thats when you upgrade all the way to spirit visage.

If you're talking about Banshee's specifically, it's 55 mr and 450 health.

I wouldn't call new Yi broken either. He's still super-fucked by hard CC and being focused. Just don't leave him on the sidelines to get resets. Treat him like you would a Katarina.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  6. Wildfeather

High Score:
    Cowl+Banshee is 4.1k gold and has all the stats above. Given that it isn't a named unique passive, and only a unique passive of the item, you can run both of them on a bruiser (Renekton, for instance) to lolno peel, harass, and mitigate magic damage. Considering the combo provides 120 hp over 10 (12 hp per second) seconds plus 1300 effective health vs magic damage it's a good investment for guys who can afford to bulk up heavily and still do a fair amount of damage (Renekton, Garen, etc.)

7. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Still, in the end it's still a defensive item for a single player. When most AP damage is AOE, it's effectiveness is a lot lower then you may think. Nonetheless, it's a really good item, and a good item against all the poke/range ap top. It's a needed item for bruisers in the current meta, imo.

8. Wildfeather

High Score:
    After 5.3k gold the combined banshee and Spirit Visage will grant you:

950 Hp
    110 Mres
    20% CDR
    Banshee Shield
    Cowl passive@9 hp/s
    5 hp/s
    Spirit Visage passive (20% hp regen boost)

It's not a single defensive item (it's 2 items), it's a godly combination of pure defensive stats for defense heavy bruisers because of their innate sustain and tankiness and it's synergy with the above combination. My point isn't that it's a good combo for vs an AP, it's a good combo for any matchup ever, especially in event that your opponent will "Accidentally" or "incidentally" damage you. If you get a sunfire cape or a warmogs after that, you're looking at a complete defensive package for >9k, which everyone should be able to get in a solo lane.

9. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

I think they'll make it unique and maybe hit the hp5 you get when attacked within 2 weeks as it looks pretty good, definitely leaning towards the stronger side of things though not quite called OP, personally anyway.

Stuck between two idea's with Shyv as I'm desperate to try her in the jungle, I just really need to set my mind on one of two mastery pages before I go, runes as well.

Current idea's are as follows;

1) AS Quints
    MR/level Blues
    Armor Yellows
    AD reds w/ 1 crit rune
    Standard 9/21/0 jungle with exhaust/smite

2) AS Quints
    MR/level blues
    Armor yellows
    Hybrid-pen reds
    14/16/0 Masteries taking the full hybrid build into 8% penetration and then getting tanky.

Now, you could also debate the starting items. A longsword + 2 pots gives you enough to make a full clear, earn the 400 for a vamp scepter and from there you can farm up/counter-jungle rather than gank as Shyv's ganks are lacklustre even with exh, so, you farm to 6 and then get an exh gank off - Perhaps forcing a flash or 2 if you can pre-6 if you see an oppertunity.

TO me that seems like it would work with both setups, I just can't see Machete being worth it for Shyv, even if her W would clear camps stupidly fast. The problem being if you fall behind, you're building towards a cutlass and you still potentially melt due to a lack of tanky items.

Unsure whether I'd finish Bork or not, depends on how fed/behind I am on a game-by-game basis ideally, then after that probably just get beefy with a Locket/Mallet/Visage.

Spose I should just man-up and try it, nothing to lose as I hit my goal for the season with Gold but, thought you guys might have some input.

Sorry for the wall of text and rather random topic switch again.

10. Wildfeather

High Score:
    Doesnt Shyv have free defenses? If you could work it then the second build looks a lot stronger, but at that point why don't you just run Nocturne in the same set up?

11. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

She does, but it's rather low till around 11, though it's nothing to sneeze at given the overhaul on the Legion aura.

Umm, I think because Shyv is just flat-out a better duelist than Noct which is beneficial if you get caught out when counter-jungling and Shyv still does damage whereas Noct doesn't unless he builds glass-cannon which is difficult given Noct's ult.

Not to say I don't think it's all that hard to do on Nocturne, just that Shyv is better for it than Noct. Just feels like if Noct got that far ahead, say, a couple of kills and built a blade he'd die a lot faster. I could be wrong though, eh. I dunno, I'm not a huge Nocturne fan for reasons I can't honestly think of currently - probably damage vs tankiness. His ult is amazing but I think Shyv's kit is actually better.

12. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

It would feel a damn shame to miss out on completing a Blade of the Ruined King on Shyvana. Not only does it give sustain and attack speed(don't forget how useful a Wit's is, too), but circumstantially, the active can be much more useful than a mallet, due to the speed steal being stronger, albeit in the short term only, than the mallet's slow. Well, the modest health gain on the active also helping at times.

13. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Logic is if you get ahead on Shyv, you go damage because you're naturally tanky. Wits would be my 2nd choice for a damage item, or possibly Tiamat/Hydra. Honestly though I think two damage items may be enough as by that point, ods are you'll be focussed first so, you need to get tanky and being tanky never hurts.

Mallet just works with how her passive and ult combine, though I'll admit to being wary of Warmogs/Mallet against Vayne just because Blade and her kit make it a nightmare - though that's why Vayne is 1 of my 3 bans currently, assuming I ever get top spot anytime soon.

14. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

The Hp/5 on Banshees may look good, but in reality, it's not really that much better. Once teamfight starts, the regen is really just minor. In terms of laning, the Catalyst passive was far better imo. It's just a substitute, not something super amazing.

15. Super Bunny

Super Bunny Fourth Year

The indicator is kind of weird, it's edge to edge, meaning you can put the edge of the little circle on the edge of the big circle. Everything else with a similar indicator is center to edge, idk why they made Ori's so weird. But anyways, the ball should be going FURTHER than the indicator would suggest.

16. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Well that would explain a lot... Thanks Rabbit.

17. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

So, recently I got really pissed off at the lag and the constant ~450 ping...So I thought to try out the Singapore Server, i.e Garena LoL....

Well ~350 ping. :s

Apart from that...why does everyone add "la" to every goddamn sentence lol?

"sia noob la"

18. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Because, you are playing with a lot of people that speaks Cantonese. And adding "la" is very common between gamers/ people that want to give a informal command.

19. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I've been having a blast playing Ap trist :D
    Even ignoring her omgwtf damage, and the fact that she can pretty much one shot literally anyone with a dcap and a lich bane (add deathfire for extra lulz), she is just so much fun to play.

20. Jawke

Jawke Squib

Not open for further replies.