1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 4.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Dark Syaoran, May 21, 2015.

1. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

How is crushing my lane and having no help from my own jungler while I fend off their 2v1 ganks while I play a character with no escapes a "good match"? The fact that I get a lot of kills does make a good game for me, since I play for the teamwork and challenge. A bunch of stomp matches aren't fun for me, they're a waste of my (already small) free time.

Playing with unskilled people is not fun. With a niche character like Morde, for instance, your team has to acknowledge that getting dragon is an essential objective. If i'm 5/0/X and i'm pinging like crazy to get dragon, but everyone is sitting in their lane trying to push a tower, I just have to accept that my teammates are bad, since WITH the dragon we can take more objectives. The third dragon of the game is literally a free baron, since it will recover enough shield for me to tank baron with no tank items, and do DPS or zoning on the enemy team.

Bad players don't understand this, and in a general sense don't understand how to 'play the map' or group up. That's what makes them bad, along with a fundamental misunderstanding of what each role is supposed to do. Like supports who don't buy sightstone at all, and who end the game with 15 or less wards placed in a 30 minute match.

The MMR is supposed to be fixed now, so people placing into their division should be starting at the correct division. They were also supposed to "fix" the only players after 1 game, but since I didn't get promoted into the proper divison, even if they 'fixed' my mmr (the number I can't see that determines who I match against) I may be matching against appropriately skilled players (high silver low gold) while being 'stuck' in bronze.

2. Miner

Miner Order Member

You can check your MMR on op.gg.

As for good match quality, I already mentioned that you aren't gonna get good match quality in bronze 1, but bronze is also really easy to carry out of if you're gold. Play easy carry champions and just stomp your lane and snowball your team to victory. Sure, you might meet some random ape on your team who feeds the enemy as hard as you stomp your lane, and you might lose that one game, but in general you should be able to escape into Silver very quickly. And once you're in silver people will understand some basics of map play and games should get more interesting.

TL;DR: Play a snowball champ and get out of bronze. You should be able to do this if you were gold.

3. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

ITT: Salty Mordekaiser one-trick playing Mordekaiser in 2016 can't find his hue out of "bronze" because he's surrounded by "baddies" that don't know how to "play" around "him."

Solo/Duo queue is out though, so maybe you'll have better luck there than with flex queue.

If you play for the teamwork then you're better off finding a team for premades instead of trying to corral monkeys towards dragon.
    I hear there's a club for that.

If you play for the challenge, realize that the real challenge is dealing with the Challenged V's on the way out of elo hell.

4. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    You must be some kind of special retard. I've been gold or higher every season for the past 3 seasons, I'm not worried about being able to get out. I'm annoyed that it will take time for me to needlessly reclimb in the flex queue (my solo/duo is still gold). And that I have to put up with stupid wastes of my time when I routinely have 10/2/X games.

5. Miner

Miner Order Member

Lol?

a) If you're feeling like it's a waste of time then don't play. Go play Overwatch or something if you don't want to take the time to climb out of whatever ELO you're at.

b) Fuck you bronze trash.

6. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Maybe you should try playing a different champion that might just be better suited to you as a person, have you ever tried Ziggs?

7. Miner

Miner Order Member

8. mort

mort Groundskeeper

Wasn't too impressed by the animation either, to be honest (login animation is pretty nice though). Then again, I didn't really see the need for another Lux skin too- I'd much rather have a new Jhin skin.

9. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I loved it, personally.

Edit: Too bad Riot removed Draft Q from EUNE. I would have bought the skin if I could actually play it reliably without going into ranked.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  10. mort

mort Groundskeeper

Getting really irritated by the autofill being automatically enabled. I don't mind playing support myself, but getting one salty, toxic support after the other is really pissing me off.

11. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

RIP ROX. SKT Peanut. IMT Bengi.

The Koreans initiate the dankerest timeline. :fire:fire:fire

12. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    SKT Peanut? I don't think the world will hold under this much awesome.

I love Peanut. I hope he does well. A worthy successor to Bengi, if the rumors of his sign are true.

Edit: Also, apparently Azubu is super scummy, enough for all LCK teams to cut their partnerships.

13. Tutorial Boss

Tutorial Boss Seventh Year

It sounds like SKT is paying out of the nose to keep Faker on the team. Not that I blame them, and I love Peanut, but I'll miss Faker/Bengi.

14. Miner

Miner Order Member

SKT Huni??? For reals though?

It's looking like Immortals will be a Pobelter-Dardoch show next year.

15. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    All-Star Event video is pretty funny. Mostly because I keep imagining how much they must've laughed while filming it.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  16. HatfulofHate

HatfulofHate Squib

High Score:
    How do some streamers on Youtube have a ridiculous number of views compared to others? I don't find Brofresco funny/entertaining at all, but whatever video he puts out gets 500k+ views.

To compare, I've been watching boxerpete lately and the mechanics/play style he uses for Tryndamere are quite fun to watch.

17. Xepheria

Xepheria The Benefactor

High Score:
    Christ, fuck AP nasus top. Literally counters Kayle in every way - significant early game poke that's completely unavoidable, and shuts you down lategame with wither. Absolute cancer to play against.

18. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

It must be so horrible to play against a champion top with easy early poke, good sustain in lane, the ability to slow an enemy to setup for a gank as well as an ulti that allows them to prevent you from 100-0ing somebody. Truly the worst. :p

19. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Doesn't AP Kayle work against that though since you get 1-2 autos off with Lich Bane to counter burst him?

20. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Play Quasus, AKA lane Nasus. E max first, focus on pushing instead of stacking while building yourself into an unkillable tank. As soon as they ever leave lane take tower.

Quasus is my go to pick for really killy top lanes like Trynd and Teemo, though I've had good success against Darius and etc.. I have yet to really meet any matchup that E max tank Nasus really loses against.

Closest I came was a Trynd who outfarmed me by 100 at 30 minutes, and even then we won game because he'd spent 25 of those minutes doing fuck all in top with me. We grouped, I withered him in team fights and we won.

Kids. Do you hate obnoxious killer tops? Pick Quasus, and for 20-40 minutes, literally never fight them. Very relaxing.