1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Mar 18, 2010.

Not open for further replies.
  1. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

It'd be similar with Ezreal jungles. While not having cc, the burst + red buff is often enough to force flash or get a kill. Either way though, definitely not top tier.

2. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Translation: Hope your enemies are retarded so they can carry your crappy jungle pick.

3. Delirium

Delirium Fourth Year

With red buff and "move quick" his ganks are hilarious.

---------- Post automerged at 01:04 ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 ----------

Not the best strat, but hardly crappy. If you run urgot bot and want a harder hitting ad for late game you can run ez jungle.

Again not saying it'll work great but not that bad.

4. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    Once again, how does the fact that Ez has no sustain, is not tanky, and has no real cc.
    His counterjungling potential is crap, his ganking potential is meh at best, he's easily counterjungled, his clear speed wouldn't be high, he'd be so dependent on blue and red that he'd end up a greedy jungler... and he'd have to either constantly go back to base, slowing him down more, or spend a hell of a lot more on potions and sustain to start than a jungler should need to. A wriggles alone wouldn't do it.

FURTHERMORE: Ezreal NEEDS early kills AND good farm to be useful lategame. A jungler's job is to enable his team to get kills and to secure them if no-one else can. Not to feed himself at the expense of his team just so he has a chance to be useful later.

Ezreal is a terrible jungle pick. And it would only work against terrible players.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  5. Tibbers

Tibbers Squib

You seem to be under the impression that I named those junglers for tryhard ranked mode when in fact I was just talking about fun to play jungles that aren't played often that can actually work in normal mode.

6. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    Translation: Trollolol, I want to be a douche and pick things that don't win except through sheer dumb luck and enemy retardation because it's funny and different!

'tryhard': Oh god I hate that term. What in the fucking fuck is wrong with being someone who enjoys winning, hmm? Since when did competitive spirit and the drive to succeed become a semi-shameful title? You're damned right I try hard, because I enjoy VICTORY. Just because you have accepted your inevitable defeat doesn't mean I have to tolerate the ways you make up for it when they severely negatively impact my enjoyment of the game.

7. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Ezreal jungle works because you can pop into range and apply red buff without there really being any counterplay. It's not the most amazing gank, but it's certainly stronger than plenty of other viable junglers.

As a first-red-buff-gank, it's actually one of the better ones available. You're stuck to starting with cloth+5, but you can sustain just fine with only wriggles.

It's really no worse than pre-change jungle twitch. Old twitch did less damage than ezreal but could stealth in for ganks. Ez clears faster for sure and while he lacks the stealth to get on top of a target for ganks, he can easily pull it off nearly as well by shifting into range from the brush in mid/top on the first round of clearing+ganking. On top of that, it's harder for a lot of tops to burst down ezreal before dying, which was pretty easy to do to twitch. His essence flux is a very versatile spell that lets him synergize with another ad carry, shut down their AD's damage, or just push towers.

It requires something less standard and won't work in a lot of team setups because people expect their jungler to soak some damage, but it's not nearly as gimmicky as some other things in the thread. I mean, one of the tags is attackspeed nasus for some reason. I know the featured streamer (2650 elo) did several games of hybrid (read:mostly ap) tryndamere and full AD leblanc top today, and I'd say both of those are more gimmicky than jungle ez.

Ideally, you would want a mid/top/support with CC and tankiness, or a heavy ganker mid (ideally Kassadin) who could go ganking and swap out the lane to Ez and let him get some farm after levels 1-5 once wards are placed more heavily and mystic+auto stops doing 50% of someone's HP.

8. Delirium

Delirium Fourth Year

While I agree with the hatred of the term "tryhard," those picks are not troll picks. I know I have jungled karthus before successfully and in ranked (1800-1900). It all depends on team comp and attitude. So yeah is it the best? Pretty much never. Is it fun? Yes. You are much more likely to win if you are also having fun, which is also why you double check if your team doesn't mind. However, your knee-jerk reaction of "TROLL" is more detrimental than his pick.

9. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Tryhard is negative because it isn't fun if there's only one guy with that attitude. Then that person will rage when the others do not have perfect play (keep in mind that most people who are tryhards don't have perfect play either). Listening to an abusive rager (which most are) is not fun, nor is playing with them. I've won more games where my team was having fun with a not standard build, than games won with peer pressure from my team to 'play better'.

In the end, having fun>winning. Sometimes those are mutually exclusive, but sometimes they aren't. In general, in my experience, having fun leads to winning.

10. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    Except when you see a jungle Ezreal on the other team, the first thing anyone intelligent is going to do is ward early. Since, as you say, his only way to initiate is to shift into lane near the target.

Furthermore, any jungler that has to take over other lanes/take their cs to make up for his inefficiency as a jungler is a bad pick. Just like attack speed Nasus is a bad Nasus.

And unlike most good junglers, once your properly-warned AD carry starts retreating Ezreal has absolutely no way to stop him from getting away, unlike just about any and every jungler with CC. Vayne Tumbles, Cait uses her net, Graves dashes, Tristana rocket jumps.. etc etc, so you didn't even burn flash. But unlike even most junglers without hard CC, he's squishy as hell too. So any sort of offensive/kill lane bottom with CC (Taric or Leona/Vayne or Varus, anyone?) can just turn around on him and turn his gank into a free kill if he over extends or gets in bad position while trying to gank.

Also: High Elo players playing gimmicky builds does not validate any gimmicky build someone wants to try. Full AD Leblanc and AP/Hybrid Tryn are both troll builds. Not 'gimmicky'. Being High Elo doesn't mean anything you do is immediately validated. And the opinion that it is so is retarded.

I find it funny that you use high elo play as an example on one point, and Kassadin in another to help make that point, but fail to mention that Kassadin is rarely seen in High Elo except by a specific few who are very, very good with him. Because at that level of play he's incredibly easy to counter and make worthless when played by anyone who DOESN'T have that prodigious level of skill to use him with.

Top lane.. if you get killed by Jungle Ez you were overextended without wards and deserved to die anyway. Once again, enemy player stupidity =/= validity of build.

If I see a jungle Ezreal I'm going to stay on the far side of my minions the entire damn time I'm in lane. And if the enemy starts trying to herd me towards the river-side I'll just retreat, since it's obvious they want me to not be shielded from the minion-blockable Mystic Shot. Make sure a ward stays up as much as possible, and when you don't have one up because no-one has gone back or something, play it safe by not over extending or fully engaging into fights with your enemy if at all possible. Congratulations, your Jungle Ez has just been completely and entirely countered.

Assuming the other lanes do the same...now your 'gimmick pick' is going to be, at best, nigh worthless lategame. But much more likely will just end up feeding once mid-to-late game starts and he's both squishy and does almost no damage without either lots and lots of CS or the early kills he requires.

Do I need to go into how easy he'd be to ambush in the jungle/counterjungle? Cause I can.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  11. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    From anyone who has played as Diana, can you propose a viable rune setup? I've chosen to go with flat AP quints, magic pen marks, armor glyphs and CDR per level blues. Anythign else I should onsider?

12. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    CDR Per Level Blues? The only ability she has on any sort of significant CD is her OP AoE pull thing. I'd switch those to either AP or MRes, personally.

13. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

No, the first thing most people do, even at higher elos, is laugh at the idea of jungle ezreal. You know my opinion of ranked, but warding on the first jungle clear is something that is more often than not skipped over in my games, and I play at a relatively high elo.

I did say that that was a possible scenario, not a necessity. Kassadin just makes a great combo with an ezreal jungle.
    Which is why I stated the necessity for a heavy cc team capable of providing damage soak. When you have two AD carries, you can afford to have less damage in the other roles. And once again, jungle twitch worked at all elos, and ezreal can pull it off nearly as well. The reason it works is because the level 1-4 gank is so strong with ranged red buff. And I'd like to point out that one of the most popular junglers, shyvana, has no way to stop anyone either. Her ult is only slightly longer range than Ez' blink, and that is offset by the huge range ez can apply red buff with. If shyv gets slowed, she gets out of melee, she can't slow her target, which means the target is free to run at full speed from her allies. If ez gets slowed, he can continue to slow for a bit longer, allowing his allies to get in range.

Sorry, I meant to include the fact that he won all of his games playing that spec, and besides one AP trynd game, he won his lane without his jungler needing to camp at all. Point being that if AD leblanc can be used effectively at 2650 elo, it's very easy to hold faith that 'gimmicky' builds can work elsewhere as well.

And once again, Ezreal is less gimmicky than a lot of builds. He has very strong early game ganks vs unprepared targets (and targets are more often than not unprepared because it's an uncommon pick), a weak mid game, but can transition into a strong late game. 2 AD carries with decent protection is a very, very strong team composition. AP trynd is very gimmicky, because after the 1v1s top end, you have a relatively low damage melee fighter with amazing sustain, but it doesn't translate well.

I find it funny that you can't recognize the difference in the two. I mentioned Zekent's gimmicky play to point out that your false and stupid assumption that "intelligent players shit on gimmicks" is true. 'Gimmicks' work at all levels of play, but Ezreal is not very gimmicky at all compared to some other gimmicks that work.

So you've never been killed with by a jungle shyvana, udyr, mundo, or olaf? All of them have pathetic "cc". Mundo's cleavers can be countered just as easily as Ez' Q, Shyvana has no cc except for running into melee which still takes a bit of time even with the ms increase, udyr is similar to shyvana with a stun but still has to get to melee, and olaf has a laughably easy to dodge skillshot slow. Ez can apply slows from 4x their range with his autoattack, and has a real gap closer. His level 1-4 ganks are stronger than many very strong junglers.

I thought about writing a similarly useless paragraph on how to counter all junglers, because theoretically you have no excuse for being ganked ever going by your paragraph. Then I thought better of it.

Jungle twitch is the exact same, but he still worked extremely well up until his rework.

I don't want to make this a "lol my elo" card, but I have seen this work several at a higher elo than what I've played with most of DLP at. I've personally played it as an ultimate bravery type of match and had it worked. Yes you can theoretically avoid his ganks, yes you can counterjungle, and yes he requires more cs than a jungle should in the late game, but that doesn't mean he doesn't work 100% of the time. And it's not even an overwhelming amount either, I'd say he works more often than not.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  14. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

15. Wildfeather

High Score:
    TSM! TSM! Aww, got crushed in objectives? Yeah, that's new. That Corki...So fed.

Honestly i don't even like TSM that much. I like Oddone, but otherwise I think they're a little overhyped. But American team vs. Asian one, you don't have to guess which I support.

Anyone else feel like (game 2) TSM has no idea what they're doing? They seem to have no actual strategy to counteract the push heavy Blaze strategy. Pushing gives them the grouping that US teams don't utilize. TSM just has no idea how to deal with Blaze.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  16. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I love oddone, he has the most entertaining streams ever. His commentary is much better than most other streamers, he doesn't have the ego of a lot of other streamers, and he is hilarious at times.

On the other hand, I really dislike Dyrus and I'm miffed that someone as boring and personality-less as him gets so many viewers.

Red
  17. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Dyrus just seems to be one of those people that people enjoy watching, I can't put my finger on it either. I wouldn't say I'm a fan of any specific team as I cheer them all on equally but 9/10 I'm usually watching OddOne just to learn and have a laugh, him or Zekent. That said, even though a lot of people rage over it regardless of how he does, I often wonder how TSM haven't ousted Regi as captain/mid lane. His calls seem to go horribly wrong and it sees his character list consists of TF and that's about it. Same could be said of Froggen and Anivia but at least Froggen doesn't get rolled in the mid lane most of the time.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  18. Wildfeather

High Score:
    In retrospect, TSM got horribly outplayed. They had little vision of their jungle, and were not ready to leave the lanes to defend the other ones. With teleport, there was almost surprise pushes from Blaze, and TSM didn't have the lane power to clear waves under tower. I think that is partially a meta-issue, where we don't let our ADC roam because the CS is so valuable. Basically, Blaze played a mobile game and TSM had no counter for it (ward coverage was down always, never knew where enemy was during ganks) and got crushed when the whole team was available to counter gank.

I can see why Blaze was more afraid of other teams while watching. TSM has these amazing teamfights, but don't really care for objectives. Many times after they came out ahead they went back to lane or back to base instead of pushing to an objective and taking it. I saw a lot of dumb, beginner mistakes that I make all the time st my 1k elo, not the kinds of things that matter at 2k elo. At teamfights they blew me away, but after that their cohesion and purpose just disappeared.

19. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Heh, the whole jungle Ezreal 'debate' you guys are having reminds me of when I said taking Soraka mid wasn't terrible.

I look forward to seeing Dignitas take Ezreal jungle in the Season 2 grand finals, shit all over another team with it, have it banned for the rest of the tournament and get it nerfed the very next patch.

20. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Regi owns TSM. If he ever leaves the team (which is something that gets talked about), it'll be because he wants to.

The thing with Regi (and TSM in general) is when they're on fire, they win everything. But after every tourney win of theres, unless theres another tournament like right away, they stop practicing and then do terrible the next tournament. And it always shows the most in Regi's plays, because of how absurdly aggressive he is.

When he's in the zone, he's a beast. When he's not as fully practiced, he gets his ass kicked.

They won 1-2 major tournaments last month, didn't they? Same as always, they're going to do bad here : /

As for Ezrael Jungle/Dignitas analogy, it took having Soraka mid, Lulu top, a healing support bot, a super tanky jungler, and a kog/hyper carry ad to make it work. You lose the hypercarry, Soraka, or Lulu and it doesn't work.

Not open for further replies.