1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General Mafia Discussion

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

That WH method looks excessively complicated and even more punishing for town to me. The modkilled player still has to die and scum will never kill him, so it has the same effect of forcing a mislynch but starves town of the flip info, which is less of an issue in WH where alignment isn't revealed on death.

I would suggest the best method is that the player is immediately killed but their flip isn't revealed until next day start/end.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Kill the player. Reveal the flip. If they were mafia, day ends. If they were town, day does not end. If someone tries to take advantage of this for their team, ban them from playing and come up with an appropriate punishment to their team in game.

3. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

I think modkills should be unfair and unsatisfying to everyone involved so that the community as a whole is motivated to discourage them.

---------- Post automerged at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

(And by discourage, I mean avoid needing them.)

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I stand by my objective claim that if a town-player is modkilled AND his alignment is revealed, the day should end with the modkill or it OBJECTIVELY and EXPLICITLY helps the scum-team (except in cases where the game was at MYLO, and who knows what to do if you need to modkill someone then).

That was my last game for what may be a long time, but I love playing with you all. I'll try to continue to be around as well. Also, I'm basically down to mod games or co-mod any games that are hosted here so just hit me up if you ever need help (or you can maaaaaybe ask me if you need a replacement in a game but no promises on that)

5. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I think you should be allowed to post your notes from your QT, but the time stamps are a no go.

6. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Vaimes freaked out about it in the obs and we had a lovely debate about that in my QT, but the final nail in my coffin was definitively the time stamps. Suffice to say my QT's from hereon out are going to be rather spartan.

7. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I guess for me in hindsight if we did still get to lynch someone that day; it might have been proph. And then I might have been around for Mal's case on why he's town.

But all this is probably just me trying to feel like it's not my fault, even though it feels like it is.

8. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

It is absolutely different, because it allows the town collective to decide when to kill that player slot.

How is town punished twice?

Excessively complicated? It's a very simple concept expressed in two lines and 34 words.

The town collective can choose to lynch the player at any point (including the day of the event) and get the flip info, so no matter how you slice it it is less punishing and less restrictive than the what occurred this game since there are no actions forced on any party.

9. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

QFE

QFE

QFE

10. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Simple enough in concept but would be a lot more complex in practice. Every other method suggested deals with the situation decisively and quickly allowing the game to move on, your method leaves it hanging around for potentially the entire game like a dead weight around town's neck.

I think it's way better to just completely get rid of the modkilled player. Fonti's suggestion might be the best.

11. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Last game showed me that I need more Mafia in my life. Anyone hosting one? Or anyone that wants to teach me how to host one? Prefer to play some more before I start modding these things but I'm desperate here :)

12. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Thinking of hosting one soon, but nothing is set in stone.

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

Just know that I'm always interested in playing another game.

14. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Interested in playing as well. I'm not too great with set-up creation, but could try something in a pinch

15. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    I'd be interested in another game too, though preferable after the one I'm in now closes.

This latest HP game has me reconsidering ways to boot up a Dark Tower mafia setup I was kicking around a while back, but even if I could get the setup right I'd probably need someone to co-mod it with me to ensure things run smoothly.

16. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I could help you if you need a co mod.

17. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    At first glance it looks nasty but I think in practice the result is basically that a smart game immediately ejects that slot unless there's something incredibly pressing going on (scumfirmed player, mylo)

So more or less it amounts to "modkilled unless there's something going on that would make everyone miserable if it immediately forced day end"

18. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    I'd appreciate that HF. I'll look into the file I had and get back to you in a few days.

19. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I'll host a game in mid January probably, dealing with the in-laws until then.

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Crud, if it's the one you've been custom-designing I'll probably have to make a horrible decision and play. And just after I told myself I needed to swear off mafia for time's sake