1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you're relying on Venti to kill everyone, sure. If you need the CC, being able to actually hit and kill the enemies you have controlled with your DPSers is kind of important, no? Having two charges on her E is also very nice, and if you have her C6, she gives a 20% ele dmg buff when she ults to the rest of your party too.

Obviously Venti can clear the room if he's geared enough.

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sucrose is really for getting bigger numbers, not for control. She barely drags, and the issue on 11-2 isn't damage numbers, it's grouping.

Even if you can't whack them all effectively while they're up in venti's ult, pulling them away from the monolith is the main benefit. You can slap a +0 VV set on venti and come out of the first wave with almost zero monolith damage. The same can't be said for Sucrose.

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
  4. Galen

Galen DA Member

5. Gengar

High Score:
    ONE WEEK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

6. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

I've got 6 pulls saved up for this banner. This is the first character in a while I really am tempted to throw money at trying to get.

7. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    We really need another patch roadmap.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    I think I'd just rather hear their thoughts on what QoL changes they're looking at, and their thoughts on gearing in general. Are they happy with the speed? Do you think it could be better? How? etc

I never understand Gacha games with gearing making it super difficult. It disincentivizes rolling on new characters when you get demoralized at the thought of gearing them. It happened in Epic 7 too.

I've no idea why they don't have a similar system to the Diablo 3 'Reforging' one for artifacts. It'd make so much sense and make gearing way easier without making it too easy...

I basically haven't paid to roll since launch. What for? I'm still struggling to gear all the characters I want (to my standard).

9. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I think it’s the ‘to my standard’ part of gearing that matters here to a point.

It’s not that bad to gear everyone with their best (or next best) set, best (or next best) main stat, and two good sub-stats per piece.

Farming for perfect artifacts I’m okay with taking eternal time.

That said I’d also love a reforging option. I want perfect artifacts too. But once everyone is fully geared I think they would just complain there’s nothing to do (whereas now they complain but still farm artifacts).

Maybe reforging could require artifacts with the stats you wanted on them and you basically combined with your current one and picked a stat choice. That would be neat and still require a lot of farming.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    I think you're underestimating the amount of farming required atm. There's a lot of characters, and getting them maxed with arts, weps and talents will take ages. I genuinely think it's not possible at the moment.

I play a lot. I'm AR55 atm and the only dps character I have geared to my satisfaction is Childe. Technically Keq too, but she's in phys gear and I don't like that playstyle, but ok. Let's say two.

And 'perfect' stats is a bit of a stretch. I generally only care about 2 of the 4 substats at most and the rest I just take as they are.

I used to bitch to @Jon about this all the time with Epic7. It's just too many layers of RNG systems stacked on top of each other and it makes for an awful gaming experience.

1. You need to get the correct set you're after
    2. You need to get the correct slot you're after
    3. You need to get the correct main stat on 3 of them
    4. You need the two desirable sub stats for all dps (crit rate and crit dmg) and only one on the helm
    5. You need to roll into the substats you care about (lol fuck you you're getting 4 rolls into Def% and you know it)

3 and 4 can be almost eliminated entirely and that's still an acceptable amount of RNG that people would still probably keep rolling to get even more perfect stats, however crit rate and crit dmg are the breakpoint. Everything else is smaller, incremental upgrades that don't affect gameplay as much.

Now going back to my example. Would those changes mean I would have more than Childe and Keq geared to my satisfaction? Yes. I'd probably have... almost 10? of what? I have 25 or so characters I think?

It's great, because then the cockblock becomes Mora and enhancement materials, and I'm totally okay with that. I don't feel despair doing the same domain for weeks to get a crit dmg ice helm that never fucking dropped - this is not an exaggeration, I never got the crit dmg helm for Kaeya after weeks. Instead I can prioritize which character I want to gear first and know I can do it within x time guaranteed, provided mora and enhancement etc.

(well, not guaranteed, but being able to pay mats (which you'd need to farm too, btw) to change any one stat on a piece of gear would actually make a huge difference)

11. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

Artifact farming is indeed a bloody nightmare. Trying to get some VV sets for my Sucrose and Jean and my current problem is that I have to lvl artifacts for other characters due to the inventory limit as all I'm getting from the domain is either maiden set pieces or shit. I've also deleted some for mora for the same reason. Next step is probably to lvl something bad just to feed it to potentially something good later on. Efficient this is not.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    Worst case you level placeholders to stop reaching inventory cap. A full lvl 20 5* art can be used to level another to 18

13. Ched

What I hadn't considered in my post was the 'leveling up' aspect - I tend to get 'good artifacts' then be content to level them up 'eventually' regardless of the shit RNG.

So you convinced me that it does need to change and that your suggestions would make it more viable without making it too easy.

14. Ched

Xiao is gonna be Anemo-DPS right? I haven't read up on him that much. I'd planned to roll either way because he's Anemo/Wind/Air and that's always sort of 'my thing' in games, but it'd be really nice to have a melee elemental Main DPS. I'd love to swap out of using Ningguang as elemental main DPS since I really don't like playing her as main DPS and I already have a very solid physical team with Razor.

I've got roughly 40 wishes to toss at it, and I'm probably around 40 on the pity with 50/50 odds. I'll toss money in if he's what I want in terms of playstyle but otherwise I'll just roll these out for funsies.

15. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    All leaks and peeks indicate he's a greedy plunge spam main dps. Unlikely he'll hit diluc/klee/ganyu levels at low Cons just because swirl doesn't have the same elemental multipliers, but he should be very strong, especially in a turret (fischl, xiang, albedo, mona, etc) support setup, with Jean or Venti for resonance.

16. Ched

I’m thinking Xiao / Jean / Xiangling / Flex

Fischl is c4 and better geared but I usually keep her with Razor for resonance. Didn’t get Albedo.

Xingqiu might fit nicely into that flex spot. I don’t usually have him on the other team unless I need hydro (since I just got him and he’s not up there yet). Chongyun too, since Xiao doesn’t seem to care about his attacks getting shifted out of physical - not sure if it would override the anemo though.

17. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    It's like Diluc's ult. You can't override his anemo imbue during ult, so chong won't be super helpful there.

Not sure who would be a good fit in that team if you don't have a second turret. No idea how the circle skill chars like Xinq/Kaeya will work out. You might have elemental reactions eating each other and thus potential swirls missing.

You could try VV Sucrose or Venti as your resonance partner and bring a different healer.

18. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

While farming, I ended up getting some pretty good artifacts for Xiao (anemo VV goblet with crit chance and damage, VV crit hat with good substats, +other stuff) +really not interested in Keqing so even though I'm not super into Xiao I'll end up rolling. I think he goes well with Jean since he loses hp/s while in ultimate form, but Venti might also be really good depending on how plunge attacks interact with venti's ult. If Xiao can consistenly hit everyone in Venti's ult it would be really good. Bennett would be the healer in that case I think.

I really hope Beidou is on his banner since I want her constellations. Last time she came around, I got Ningguang for days instead.

19. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

Oh I had no idea that was even a consideration. I would find it extremely amusing if Xiao couldn't get the healing because he's playing The Ground is Lava with Bennett's ult.

20. Ched

I deleted that post instead of edited but yeah. I’m not sure how that will work with FLOOR IS LAVA possibility.

Maybe I’ll drop resonance for Razor’s team and just rework them in general if Xiao is good enough to replace Ningguang.

Razor / Bennett / Kaeya / Zhongli
    Xiao / Jean / Fischl / Xiangling

Or if I want more CC...

Razor / Diona or Qiqi / Zhongli / Fischl
    Xiao / Sucrose / Bennett / Xiangling

Eh. I plan to spend for Xiao if he can out damage Ningguang at c0 or c1 which seems like a possibility. I’ve got plenty of good team options to play with if that happens.

Gotta admit I’m salty AF that Zhongli is better as support than main DPS. He’s by far my favorite character / husbando.