1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Oct 8, 2020.

1. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You know what would be amazing? If Mihoyo embraced the protests and went full snark.

Free Qiqi for everyone. Qiqi exclusive weapon. Qiqi web events. Qiqi stickers are the only usable emotes. Qiqi app store icon. Fallen Qiqi merch for every artist in their contests.

It would simultaneously be a reward to everybody clamoring for a 5 star that they can easily afford, an acknowledgment they fucked up, show that they are still paying attention to the community, and be absolutely hilarious.

Laughter is the best medicine sometimes.

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Communication is only important if there are very important critiques of the game being made, that are then going on ignored.

Also Gacha aren't like normal games when it comes to this issue. People (lol) sink a lot of money into these things, money they happily accept. That transaction comes with a responsibility, if you want to keep the gravy train going, keep everyone happy (because while f2p don't pay for the game like everyone else, they do even more by advertising).

The fix for glacial updates isn't just more updates. The issue is they're slow, but they're also insubstantial.

More of the same in 4 week increments instead of 6 doesn't fix this. End game is exactly the same as it was one year ago, and every new feature they've introduced is half-assed and either abandoned or deleted, and then we go back to fucking artefact farming again. Examples: hangouts, dragonspine, teapot, fishing, those islands i can't even remember the name of, the instrument. Probably more I can't even remember.

I've given up re artefacts at this point. That'll never change.

Ironically, I care the least about the Anniversary rewards. That was just a turdlet on top of my shit sundae. I'd absolutely take the Qiqi troll Khan mentioned and find it hilarious.

The ones that bother me the most is the half-assed systems and the complete lack of character tuning. I want to want to gear Lisa god damn it.

And GI is way beyond the pale in terms of monetisation. I'm hesitant to say it's the worst, I've only played maybe 6 other gacha and FGO is a thing, but if it isn't, it's close. Lack of competition makes them think they're untouchable.

Maybe they're right.

3. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

In regards to character tuning, does that ever happen in gachas? I've only played a few and I never saw them doing any touch ups on the older units. Because why would they do that when all they want is to sell you that new unit. That's why power creep is such a big issue, because it's almost by design that old units become obsolete.

4. Gengar

High Score:
    Yes. They usually don't call it tuning though or make wholesale changes out of nothing like they did with ZhongLi, they make content out of it (you might argue certain characters are deliberately underpowered to achieve this, but that would be cynical. Shame on you.)

In Fire Emblem Heroes that usually looked like their weapon getting a special upgrade, while FGO did something similar with a bunch of characters in batches, and they're an entire main feature of a patch.

In Epic 7 (a game more similar to GI in terms of building characters, but not gameplay), they invented a new gear slot you'd slip a farmable item into. It would have a 'main stat' like arts do in this game, and one of three new upgrades/tweaks to their skill/burst equivalent. Another way they'd achieve something similar (which was always awesome and hugely loved) was 'specialty changes.' These were often reserved for the Amber/Lisa/Xinyan equivalent units, basically the unusable ones. They would have a story quest where at the end they would transform (think evolution, an entirely new outfit that is so superior you don't care that you lost the old one) and a 'talent tree' where you upgrade several aspects of their kit AND one of their skills would be fundamentally upgraded.

To use Genshin as an example. Say we get a pretty hefty story quest for Amber, where she grows as a character and we do it with her. At the end, maybe she gets promoted in the Knights of Fav and gets a new uniform (bam, skin). Also, maybe during this quest she devises an upgrade for her decoy that pulses fire damage up until it explodes, this is reflected in the skill itself upgrading to do that. Then once she is 'promoted' the 'skill tree' equivalent could be these underpowered characters getting new, non-crown levels on their talents (up to 15?).

I'm just spitballing with ideas from other gacha games. I've probably put more thought into it than Mihoyo have, lol...

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  5. Gengar

High Score:
    Ngl, I don't think I've laughed as hard as when the story quest paused to let me know who the fuck Xinyan is.

6. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Right!? I snorted coffee up my nose.

7. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    The best bit? Her intro text was full of grammatical errors.

F for Xinyan.

8. throwaawy

throwaawy Fifth Year

LBNDKG8XDTND —100primo 10weap crystal
    NB6VKHQWVANZ —100primo 5Hero's Wit
    BSNUJGQFUTPM —100primo 50000Mora

[​IMG]

edit: "Xinyan is not in this (instrument-based) minigame because she's too good a musician" kekw.
    F for Xinyan indeed

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  9. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

I'm getting bored of Childe reruns. It's nice I don't have to wish, but I've been saving for so long now that I kinda want to. Not to mention that I'm out of stardust for the monthly fates.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    Rep lvl 9, 840/850......

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

11. Ched

How are you supposed to really use Raiden? I feel like she's... just there, most of the time.

I've got her busted on ER, and I typically use other char bursts then her burst, then slap things around for a few secs with her polearm, then go back to the rest of the team. Sometimes I'll use her skill if I need a bit of electro.

I think her Burst (1) does more damage the more other bursts were already used in the fight and (2) provides ER for the other bursts to be back up more quickly, yeah?

Is that it? Because it never seems to flow. Either her burst is up and the others aren't (but almost are) or they're all up so quickly that all the team is doing is try to take advantage of her burst with no time for much else. It feels clunky to me.

Am I doing it wrong? I want to like her as much as the other Archons but she feels so weird/awkward in my teams/rotations.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    I use her in different ways depending on the team. I can do 10 second clears of the Anemo art dungeon for example by just Skilling with Rai, into Venti Burst and Skill, into Rai burst bomb.

Or I can skill with her, swap to Eula, Eula does her thing, then I swap to Sara burst, into Raiden Burst, into omeganuke. This is basically a constant chain of each character doing their most powerful things without ever waiting on anything, or having to faff about with feeding particles.

Ditto with Xiao. Cycle their bursts between objectives etc.

Or I can Skill as Raiden, into Venti skill, into Bennett burst, into Sara burst, into Rai Superduperomegahydrogennuke.

Or I can just be lazy and smack things and burst on CD with her skill up. Because honestly, there's not much that doesn't just die to a naked Raiden nuke anyway... and her stats are so good that just smacking with her normals honestly feels fine, especially with the pretty charge attack.

Better than constantly whiffing everything on Yoimiya anyway (yeah, I'm still salty about her).

I guess I don't get the question and it's just a personal preference thing? I'd use her on everything happily if half the enemies I needed to kill weren't electro, exploding with an awesome burst that's always ready on CD.

tl;dr: for everyday use, just pair her with a high energy cost burst carry and alternate bursts between objectives and basically no downtime. Feels amazing for me.

Ironically, I was gonna do a 'month after whaling on Raiden and why I love her' post but I figured I'd just be reiterating things I've already said in this thread in the past lol...

13. Ched

It's probably just that I prefer / am used to selfish DPS - it feels weird to pull out supports for anything but a quick skill/burst, and Raiden tends to stay on the field for a bit either to skill or smack things during her burst, plus she benefits by me always bursting on everyone else (instead of dropping a few buffs and immediately back to main carry).

Something to get used to. Bit of a mental juggle, but you gave me a ton of ideas to play with so thanks.

14. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Developer discussions are back.

Not that there's anything particularly noteworthy there, but at least they are making an effort at communication again.

Fallen Qiqi will forever be the symbol of our glorious revolution.

15. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

100k mora gang lol

16. Gengar

High Score:
  17. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    100k mora gang rise up.

I'm actually really surprised they didn't change it to "everyone gets a welkin" after all the backlash. It would have cost them virtually nothing beyond the usual welkin crowd skipping their monthly 5 dollars. It also surely would've tempted some f2ps to become low spenders next month.

Mihoyo needs to fire their market analytics team. For real.

18. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    [​IMG]

Well, that's certainly a choice.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    If you look closely, you can't help but notice he DOESN'T LOOK LIKE YAE MIKO

All jokes aside, is it too much to hope for a new weapon type? Jon immediately dashed by dreams though by making the very cunty point that if Claymores can be Fish... they can be clubs

T_T

20. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

I mean, they are the designated "heavy" weapon type. With bonus damage against geo shields and great for mining and breaking objects. Also, the debate club already exists. So a new category along those lines is very unlikely.