1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I ain't not bitch, $700ish. I got extremely lucky (ironically)

2. Jarsha

Jarsha Seventh Year

What I'm working with at AR41. The resin system is really starting to get on my nerves. I get that it's free and they have to make money, but the poor gacha rates on top of being gated so hard by stamina are killing any desire I have to get new characters, its stupidly slow to get the resources for getting two teams worth of artifacts and talent books for floors 11+ of the abyss, let alone mixing in anyone new on top of that.
    If the situation doesn't improve in the first major update I'll probably just quit until the next couple zones are out and do those all at once.

Attached Files:

3. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Gacha games still make millions when they're generous with their gacha system/stamina system. The more I play, the less enjoyable it is.

It sucks, because I actually really enjoy the story elements and I think the voice-acting is pretty spot on for the most part.

4. Gengar

High Score:
    It's literally just Artifact Domains.

I'm fine with everything else being Resin gated, even Mora and Talent Guides. They're deterministic in their drop rate. Artifacts you can be farming for, say, I dunno, a WEEK trying to get the Thundering Fury set and have no good pieces yet.

It's really frustrating. But if they came off the resin cost I think that would be fine.

5. Gengar

High Score:
    No resin, so posting awesome lewds:

[​IMG] upload_2020-10-23_14-13-47.png

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  6. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

If those diamond adornments are digging into her legs, like the lighting/shadows implies, that just seems unnecessarily uncomfortable. Ignoring a few other weird artistic choices, the level of detail is quite high.

7. Gengar

High Score:
    Woman wearing 'unnecessarily uncomfortable' clothing to look sexy?

What an absurd thought lmao.

8. Jack-O

Jack-O Second Year

So they finally acknowledged the resin thing in an official Q&A, but their proposed fix is pretty much worthless:

No word on reduced cost or increased regen. I really hope they don't plan on drip feeding us resin "fixes" over the course of multiple updates.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    Those changes are definitely targeted to F2P and more casual players. You can log in, convert all your resin into a resin item and use it whenever you want.

I think a resin fix for more hardcore players will be more complex. Would love to hear their take on it. The Q&A pretty much only covered questions that will be answered by the 1.1 update.

10. Jack-O

Jack-O Second Year

Yeah, it's a step in the right direction for sure. But it's really disheartening to have no word at all on further changes. Even something as simple as "we will consider more changes to resin in the future" is better than the complete radio silence we're getting. As it is now I'm expecting things to stay the same until well after the 1.1 update which is a long time from now.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    Been thinking more on the Resin issue now having spent the better half of a week trying to farm a Thundering Fury set.

I don't think Resin is actually the problem. Maybe a few concentrated Resin here and there, maybe one a day, but other than that, I genuinely think the issue is artifact farming.

Would the need for Resin be so high if we had more control of artifacts?

A few fixes I think will make a HUGE difference:
    • Artifacts can only roll 'sensible' main stats. Hydro dmg% on Thundering Fury set is utterly ridiculous and shouldn't happen. HP and DEF% too. This will shift the focus to farming for perfect substats, which is much better, because you can much more easily gear out units in the basic sets with correct main stats and worry about fine tuning when you've built out your squad.
    • A vendor in major cities that lets us reroll one stat on an artifact into a list of others. This is basically the Diablo 3 reforge system. More control is always better.
    • Artifacts give more XP
    If I have more control over the artifacts I'm getting, I think a lot of the angst regarding resin being thrown down the toilet will be lessened. I don't mind overly much the resin costs of farming mora/xp/talent books/ascension materials. It's mostly artifacts that's the problem... and even if you removed resin entirely from artifact domains... you'll still spend entirely too long farming gear.

12. Mordr4d

Mordr4d Second Year

High Score:
    This game is counter intuitive once you get past AR35. To level your characters you need mora, experience books, and talents. To gain those things you need to spend resin. resin recharges 1 point every 8 minutes. A entire day gives 180 resin. One leyline that uses 20 resins gives 5 or 6 purple books or 40-50k mora. You'll need to run leylines for 2 weeks or more just to raise 1 character from 70 to 90. This is not even including the ascension materials and mora or the books and mora to level talents where you get a lot of damage from. At some point you'll need 2 million mora just to raise a talent from 7 to 8. The max cap is 15 for now.

Once you hit level AR40 you will be able to level your talents past 6 and to level them past 6 you will need a world boss random drop that you are only able to do once a week. Not to mention certain books are only available on certain days and certain weapon ascension materials are only available on certain days and you can only do so much of them per day because of resin.

I'm at a point where I just got lucky and got a a 5 star hero with even the ridiculous abysmal drop rates of 0,5% but I can't level it and use it because it will take 3-4 weeks just to get it on the same level as my other 2 characters. What's even the point of spending money on this game.

It's like they don't want you to play this game and spend any money, it's crazy.

13. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They want you to buy the battle pass for the exp books and mora, and spend some of your stardust on it.

Reddit has become an echo chamber complaining about leveling resources instead of the horrible gacha rates the past week, as more and more people hit the current endgame. I can see why, the exp/mora situation definitely feels pretty bad right now (alongside the eternal resin and artifact rng issues).

It doesn't quite take three weeks to get a character up to par - leyline loot does slightly improve at every world level breakpoint, but it still takes a gross amount, and is definitely a legitimate complaint. I can see why people call it a contradictory system - why would you wish to pull for more characters if you can't even level them up? I don't see the gacha rates ever changing, and I doubt we'll see any major resin changes past the 1.1 tweaks, but I think we'll get more plentiful resources later, perhaps even drip fed fragile resin after a while, once the initial whale frenzy dies down.

I read an interesting post on how the game was super high budget (and therefore very risky), so the company intentionally monetized as radically as possible, in order to squeeze as much as possible from the whales, to recoup as much of their investment as possible. It ended up being a runaway success, but mihoyo has no reason to ease up while the spending is still high.

The third major region (after Liyue) will really show the direction the game is heading towards.

14. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm kinda rolling my eyes at all the toxicity on reddit. What with long stretches of development time between zone releases, and the gates upon gates upon gates on progression, the game is very clearly designed to be played piecemeal. Kinda your own fault if you couldn't recognize that early on.

I've been playing casually since World 3. I do my resin gated content twice a day, run a different route of mats each day, and then put in about 30 mins to an hour of exploring. Just hit AR40 / World 5 and I still have almost 10 full Liyue areas left to procedurally explore. Steadily leveling my cast of chars and very much still enjoying myself.

I will say they need to implement a hard change to exp/mora, and they need to do it quickly. Give the no-lifers something worthwhile to farm that isn't resin gated.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    lolwat, you filthy casuals.

XP/Mora is your issue? Wait until you start farming artifacts properly.

16. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

My luck is extremely good/just awful with this game. I was pulling on the Klee banner with free gems to get some Noelle constellations as I made the somewhat dubious decision to have her as my 2nd dps for abyss. I got 0. I did get 2 Sucrose and the cherry on top a Jean, Klee and Qiqi at <30 pulls. So I just dropped every exp into Klee and she hits like a truck even at a lower lvl than the rest of my team. That's the good part.

The bad part is now I'm obviously screwed as I can't lvl anything being out of mora/exp and Jean and Qiqi join the rest of the lvl 1 squad that do absolutely nothing. Hopefully I'll recover by the time I hit AR 40.

17. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't think I'll be doing that at all tbh. There isn't any content in the game that requires perfect stats optimization and super high artifact levels (except for spiral abyss progression), and it's unlikely the current set of BIS gearsets for any given char will remain meta for more than a zone release or two.

I'll collect enough trash to get my mix and match orange/purple sets on my mains leveled high enough for achievements and such, but then it's probably back to leveling the roster.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  18. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

19. Gengar

High Score:
    I want to get Diluc and Keqing powerfully geared so I can start raking in those Spiral Abyss rewards bi-monthly.

Honestly, also because I just find it fun to build characters optimally and releasing them on powerful enemies.

20. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Man, Spiral Abyss is such a pita without a second healer. I hit my head a lot against floor 9 previously, I managed to brute force it now since AR40 gets you lv80 carries and weapons, but now I'm stuck halfway through floor 10, again dying a slow, agonizing death to gradual damage.

Qiqi banner when?!?