1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Good fem!Harry or fem!Naruto stories?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Demons In The Night, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

Note, I do not mean Harry/fem!Harry, but stories where Harry (or Naruto) is actually a girl. I know it's weird, but I have an interest in fem!Harry and fem!Naruto rewrite stories.

I've read a few OK ones throughout the years, most notably Child of Grace (forget the author's name), and this other one that went up to GoF before it got taken off ff.net (it was the one with the druid shit) a few years back.

However, I haven't read any ones that I can say are worthy of DLP. Most of these fics involve pairings with Draco, Snape, or Sasuke. I'm sorry, but that isn't exactly appealing. I prefer these stories to be without pairing, or with a girl/girl pairing.

Anyone know any of these stories that you'd think a DLPer would like?

2. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Eh, not many good Fem!Naruto out there. This is kind of what you want, though I personally didn't like it very much. In the library though, so I guess this is what a DLPer likes.

3. Demons In The Night

Thanks. I have seen that one a few times on peoples' favorites list, but I didn't think it was worth reading. If I had known there was a thread about it, I probably would have read it sooner.

4. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3730694/1/Ganbatte_ne_Oirokechan

That. It's got some grammatical issues, but I enjoyed reading it nonetheless. Well, it has Naruto posing as a female, but it's very cracktastic =p

There were a few ones I've seen around, but as a rule of thumb, most fem!HP/Naruto suck. The possibility of the character being a self-insert Mary Sue is EXTREMELY high, so I haven't bothered with them much past my initial intrest.

5. Demons In The Night

Yeah. I know that's the risk of these stories. A lot of them are self inserts, mary sues, or slash, but every once in awhile I'll find one that I enjoy.

6. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

7. kmfrank

kmfrank Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Anya's a member :awesome

Joking aside, I don't think I've ever read a decent one of these. Might be interesting if one existed.

8. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

Every one I've seen has been Draco/Harriet. (shudder) And then Draco is a male veela, Harry's pregnant, oh... she's Lady Malfoy. (heavy-projectile-vomit, the firehose kind)

I just can't imagine fem!Harry hooking up with anyone unless it's femslash, so it would have to be a General fic for me.

9. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

The one I linked is actually a Slytherin/fem!Harry pairing. And Slytherin is an evil bastard.

10. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

That is going to be difficult. There have been some interesting Fem!Naruto fics at some points, hell there is a huge community called Female Naruto, and I am active contributor, so trust me when I say you are wasting your time if you are hoping to find a good one.

But if you insist:

A Fox in a Cage

and

If Only

This might be what you are looking for.

Mortalone has one in the works, but I am not sure if he is going to post it. There is always Bukake's Coping Mechanism, but that is Fem!Naruto x Naruto, so you wouldn't like that.

On the other hand I know a few Fem!Sasuke fics that might be coming out soon if you are interested. I am doing the beta work on one of them now, it seems to have some potential but again it is a NarutoFem!Sasuke pairing and you wanted a Fem x Fem pairing, so I am stumped.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  11. Demons In The Night

Thanks guys.

Here's one I found earlier today and read in one sitting:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2868494/1/Kizuna (fem!Naruto rewrite)

It's leaning towards fem!naruto/sasuke (they've kissed once), but it was good enough that I managed to read it through to the most current chapter without issue, even though I prefer gender-bending fics to be without pairings.

12. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This... is actually a decent read. Good find Demon.

13. ForsakenOne

ForsakenOne Groundskeeper

Fem!Sasuke is fine too :awesome. Do tell more.

14. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I'm a big proponent of Fem!Sasuke because in order for it to work you'd only have to change... exactly nothing in order for it to make sense with respect to canon.

In fact, Fem!Sasuke explains away the creepy Naruto/Sasuke man-love that exists in the manga, so I'm all for it.

15. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

16. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Link.

A start of a Fem!Sasuke. Might be interesting, if it will be continued... ahemhowdyahem.

17. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  18. Nukular Winter

Nukular Winter The Chosen One DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

;)

/I'm just sayin'...

19. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Girl Who Lived series (five fics, author abandoned the series mid way through the 6th): http://groups.yahoo.com/group/girlwholived/

Note that the front page has a NSFW image on it.

The fic has truly massive amounts of verbatim copying from canon but there is some divergence which becomes more and more prominent as the story goes on. It still sticks fairly close to canon though (for example, the 5th one still ends with a DoM fight, though it goes a bit differently).

However, it is pretty much how canon would have/could have gone had Harry been a girl (with one sub-plot exception which was completely the author's idea), which I guess is what you asked for.

20. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

^^
    This... bigtime.

I felt like I rereading the books until Fem!Harry gets naked, like all the time, wearing only a waist chain.

(there, I'm sure that story is going to get a lot of hits now.)

It had a really, really good idea, but the canon copying killed it for me. Wasn't it like Druidess!Harry or something like that? It's been years since I've read it.