1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry/Buffy X-overs

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Cxjenious, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

I've got an itch that needs scratching. I've only found one HP/Buffy fic that was decent, and by decent I mean it wasn't terrible. I was hoping someone might have some recommendations?

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The following are readable:

Harry Potter and the Slayer Dimension
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4990751/1/Harry-Potter-and-the-Slayer-Dimension
    Thrown into a parallel dimension during the final battle with Voldemort Harry finds himself stranded in a world where Demons exist and the world is protected by a young girl; The Slayer. Will he be able to return home? Will he want to?

It's All Relative on the Hellmouth
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2985538/1/It-s-All-Relative-on-the-Hellmouth
    Harry Potter finds a new relative in Sunnydale. PostVoldemort, Harry needs a distraction. Hope Uncle Rupert can help a powerful Harry before the power takes control. Complete.

A Year Abroad
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8973124/1/A-Year-Abroad
    AU - Harry decides to take a year off and travel before deciding whether or not to join the Aurors. When he reaches L.A. he meets a peculiar waitress named Anne.

That's about it. I started writing one in WBA (more of a fusion than a crossover) but never got past the first scene.

3. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Taure mentioned both that I was thinking of, Slayer Dimension and A Year Abroad, so the pool of decent fics must be really small. I think I may have read It's All Relative but I can't quite remember it so i'm going to go read that.

4. Mr. Merriman

Mr. Merriman Groundskeeper

Greywizard did a standard YAHF oneshot that technically counts, though the actual crossover was Make A Wish. Actually, come to think of it, it's a sequel to one of the Blot's omakes that also counts.

Neither are really quality works, but I'm pretty sure TTH has a whole section devoted to HP/Buffy crossovers.

5. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Someone posted this is another thread recently, it's definitely readable:

Harry Potter and the Dawn of the Dead
    HPBuffyRE crossover. Feeling trapped by the prophecy, Harry ditches the Order and Privet Drive, only to find himself searching for kidnapped slayers in Raccoon City.

6. Eyron

Eyron Seventh Year

"Was that harder?" Kingsley asked.

"Harry just grunted before letting the object fall to the ground. Kingsley transfigured it again, this time to oak. "Again," he instructed.

Harry did so, though the wood did not come off the ground so much as it simply trembled.

"Don't stop," Kingsley commanded fiercely. "Keep it coming."

I thought that was slash for a sec lol (from the above recced fic)

7. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  8. The Sorting Cat

The Sorting Cat Second Year

Pointy Horns or Black Hats
    "Giles and Severus: brothers, best friends, bitter rivals." Takes place in both present day and in flashbacks to Giles' time at Hogwarts. Might not be your cup of tea, but I remember thinking that it was quite well put together. Starts Season 4 / Book 5 and is complete at about 300k words. No slash as far as I can recall - there's ample amounts of Giles/Lily and Giles/Joyce.

I was going to make another offering, but I couldn't find it. The story starts in season 2 and diverges with Angel being able to take off with the piece of the Judge's body. Buffy and Willow go on a trip to London where Buffy is abducted and eventually things collide so she ends up at Hogwarts (though not as a student or teacher). Sound familiar to anyone?

9. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

It rarely works because the Harry Potter magic is completely overpowered against vampires.

Incendio and the vampire's dead. So you kinda gotta change stuff about one of the universes to fit them together.

10. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

You don't have to change anything. I'm fairly certain there is more to Sunnydale than vampires.

11. Sn0rkack

Sn0rkack Professor

You say that like there isn't a spell that one-hits wizards