1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

Yes, Santi said that some of the content of the letter was a mistake.

Edit: Fuckin' ninjas.

2. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Just thought I'd add to this, but the reason I joined this site in the first place was so I could get into the Author's WBA to read Santi's fic... :rolleyes:

Edit: The tags for this thread gets better every time I read them :p

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  3. syed

syed Supermod

I really wish people could understand my writing more.

So the "will of the Dark Lord" Idea was a bad one, but if they still cant remove his changes to Durmstrung, it makes sense that he may have hidden secrets they have yet to discover. HArry has had ALbus as a sort of grand pa, perhaps some of his wisdom, mixed with harry ability in dark arts could find something new.

It is likly before DADA, there was a dark arts class. I think harry would make a great dark arts teacher, because he could duel most DE single handed and he would never tech fiend fire unless teaching that water curse as well. He amy be young but severous would choose him over a DE.

SO the only time we will see an earth elemental is say the battle of hogwarts, it would be commanded to attack all death eaters, giant spiders and dark creatures in general.

I was wondring if there are weather elementals, so storm, lightning, wind, hurricane. THe water curse and fiend fire are great, the thing is they try to kill their caster and habe a limited time if the caster wants to keep control. BUt if he created an elemental ritual, to combine with one of the curses in a far more stable form, or augment the earth element with either the water or fire so get a powerful yet controlable weapon.

The astronomy project he was working on was never seen, i was just putting ideas out there. ALso if he gave the durmstrung or hogwarts, an indoor planitarium, he would be remember for years for giving the students day classes instead of at night. Likly get newspaper attention, help bulk his reputation. He is attending an international tornement, so his help build the school a new addition would be great, new doubt the ability to get famous.

The chamber of secrets was Salazar slytherins secret hide out that has been left undisturbed for centuries, never mind the potion ingrediant available from the snake, the chamber could have secret passages, secret enterances in both the school and outside, a parsel tongue library, who knows.

INferi are usefull as they come with their own skeleton, so could potentially advance the flesh turning it into a weapon. WHat of instead of a curse to control the undead, make it so it take all the necromatic energy away, that way only those who studied necromancy could make the spell.

Using the water curse in the sencond task would be unbelievably cool, harry stands there, shout out the curse and this huge explosion of water apears and immerses him, while taking the shape of a dragon, it then swoops in to the lake at great speed. Harry then returns with all the captives and champions, then disperses. NEver underestimate the value of cool.

WIth all his experience at expanded and altered space, could he potentialy make a vanishing cabinet himself, to allow travel to and from his school and home.

4. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

While the font is hardly the most irritating aspect of your post, you should still change it.

5. elflorddobby

elflorddobby Second Year

I am officially putting syed on my ignore list, permanently. The things he comes out with, are completely absurd.

6. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

:facepalm Stfu, all of you, about Syed. It's been established already what kind of posts he makes already, and I don't want to read more inane posts about him either. Get back to discussion or just stop posting and wait patiently for next update when there's something to talk about. This thread is like turning into a FF.net reviews page.

7. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Syed:

Firstly, a couple of pieces of advice. Use the default font and size. Check your spelling and grammar before you post.

Now as to what you posted.

Harry's ability with the Dark Arts is above average, but nothing more than that. He is still a young teenager, with a couple of years of practical experience. He's good for his age, hell for his age group. But nothing more than that. A properly experienced, well trained wizard would destroy him in a straight up fight.

That applies to why Snape would not hire him as a teacher. Teachers need to be properly experienced before they can pass on the knowledge that they have. Just knowing it isn't good enough.

The next several parts of your post don't even warrant responding.

The making of a vanishing cabinet is...an interesting concept certainly. But I don't see why he would make one to travel between school and home...He can use a portkey for that.

8. Rakkety Tam

Rakkety Tam High Inquisitor

Syed, I'm not going to put you on an ignore list because well we've all been where you are right now. You have no concept of how bad those ideas really are. If you stay with fan fiction long enough, you will grow out of that phase. Well, if you stay with quality fan fiction, you will. I'd tell you to really think about what you post before you reply, but it wouldn't do much good because you don't have a firm concept of what is good.

It doesn't really make sense that he'd have hidden secrets or a will that they haven't discovered. This is a guy who possessed the elder wand and was considered a genius in his own right even before that. I would imagine that it never crossed his mind that he would lose.

We don't even fully know what the Santi thinks of when he talks about elementals. I personally think that he is going to stick with earth, wind, fire, and water though. The reason being that they are the classic elements.

The Chamber of Secrets ideas that you came up with have been done to death. There are no valuable potions ingredients to be found in a rotting corpse. Even if there were basilisks are easy to make, and if they are born confined in a room they are even easier to kill. So, those potential ingredients wouldn't be rare at all.

There is no point in turning the flesh of Inferi into a weapon. I'm not even sure what you are trying to say about necromancy, but I'm 100% that it is wrong and a horrible idea.

That water dragon thing would not be cool. I don't think that we will need to help the Santi much when it comes for ideas for the tasks. IIRC, he has been ready to write the tournament for a long time.

The vanishing cabinet was a fairly interesting idea, but I can think of far more useful things that he could work on while at Hogwarts. Specifically, I'd like to see him figure out how the Room of Requirement works.

This isn't to say he should build his own Room of Requirement...not really at any rate. Part of the reason the room is able to provide so many things is because the school has been around so long and had so many wizards and witches pass through the halls leaving things behind. No, what I would like to see is Harry figure out the magic for putting several rooms in one and being able to switch from room to room with just a thought.

It wouldn't be as useful as the Hogwarts room because you couldn't ask for any old room. You could ask for the few rooms that Harry has placed in the enchantment though. You'd probably have to know just how to ask for them though.

9. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Yeah, you should probably try increasing the font size for that to happen.

10. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

Oh, so the basilisk's reputation as the 'King of Serpents'* is completely baseless? :facepalm

*CoS, Chapter Sixteen

11. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I suppose its possible that the name King of Serpents comes from the damage they can do in the wild if released, and how difficult they are to kill without dying yourself.

We certainly don't know how valuable it would be for potion ingredients. Its possible that its useless in that regard, simply because its a 'false' creature, manufactured by Dark Wizards. Is it not a hens egg under a toad or some such? Perhaps by being so unnatural its not worth anything in potions? Would be an interesting slant to take.

12. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Myst Shadow played on the trope in Forging the Sword with Kettleburn. Was pretty funny.

13. Rakkety Tam

Rakkety Tam High Inquisitor

It is hatched fairly easily, and I said that if it were kept in room. This is to say that all you would have to do is have a rooster handy then dead basilisk. If it was running around in a large area or you weren't prepared then you would most likely be screwed. However, proper preparations and a room that can hold the basilisk and still let sound through the walls would make killing it child's play.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  14. EinStern

EinStern Seventh Year

He's had years. I know.

Oh God, do I know.

15. I Burn Water

I Burn Water Seventh Year

@ Syed

Dude, you are not The Santi, so please stop throwing out mostly bad ideas just because you think they are cool and want him to include them. I'm very very very proud of you for not writing all of them in one continuous stream, but from now on keep them to yourself. 'Kay little buddy?

Also, you are not Uncle Stogil or Shezza.

16. elflorddobby

elflorddobby Second Year

^^^^^

Couldn't have said it better myself.

17. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

Does anyone really think that a book that a second year has access to is going to give the complete recipe to making one of the most dangerous creature in the wizarding world. More importantly do you really think that the process in its entirety is, "hens egg under a toad"? Really, that sounds a little far fetched. I'm figuring that like muggle literature and tv that sensitive and dangerous information is often not accessible and/or is misleading, incomplete, or just misinformation design to prevent the creation of dangerous things; bombs for example. Assuming that the toad and hen aren't complete bullshit, I pose the theory that a Basilisk egg is placed under a hen with some type of spell or enchantment that later cause the rooster crow to be deadly to the Basilisk. It doesn't actually help in the creation, but it would help with the control. After all without the weakness of rooster crow, the Basilisk really is almost unstoppable...for most people.

18. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think you attribute too much sense to wizards. We're talking about the school which had a complete "How To" guide to Horcruxes just sitting in its library until Dumbledore removed it.

19. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

And I still can't comprehend this...There should be at least one Slytherin per generation with Horcrux if the knowledge was so widely dissimilated. Well, that's JK for you.

20. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

I was under the impression that Dumbledore just removed books that mentioned anything about Horcruxes. Basically removing all traces that such magic existed at all. I doubt their were any books in the Hogwarts library that were actual how to guides. Their might have been books on their creation in something like the headmasters' study, but surely not any place a student could ever access. The restricted section could be assessed with a pass, their is no way that sensitive information such as that could ever be in the restricted section. In fact given the Ministry of Magics position on the dark arts I doubt that a real guide would be even legal.

Not open for further replies.