1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DLP Writing Competition
    Topic - Master and Apprentice (or Mentor and Protege!)

Click here for more info!
    Don't miss the due date this time Guest - it's March 13th!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Harry Potter and the Prince of Slytherin By The Sinister Man - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by iamnotreal, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm not sure I agree - he's definitely shown a pattern of keeping things far closer to his chest than is necessary or helpful.

2. Darkarus

Darkarus First Year

High Score:
    Oh Harry plays his cards close often too close but when he gets into a ton of trouble he goes and gets help.

3. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Initial thoughts as I go.

I like the scene with the portrait, a nice tool to advance that piece of the plot, and an interesting problem presented to Harry at the conclusion.

I'm baffled by the Edison/Tesla thing, I assume thats something that the author is a nerd about? I mean, I know that some folk are Team Edison, and others are Team Tesla, but I really struggled with my suspension of disbelief that muggle born/muggle raised kids who left the muggle world at 11 would either care particularly much or have much knowledge beyond a kids book or a magazine article they read when they were young. Maybe this scene was an attempt at humour by the author, but it just fell really flat for me.

The scene at Chevenoir was good I think, a nice way to advance that bit of plot without providing them with all the answers, but also very believable.
    Particularly I like that its Sirius's fault they don't have the answers, if he'd been a little bit less of an idiot in the past then they would have the book.

So to become an animagus you just...decide what animal you want to be, and let the "wild" spirit of that animal into your mind? That seems too easy, and also doesn't explain Wormtail becoming a rat - I can't see anyone choosing to become a rat, especially when the reason you're learning to be an animagus is to run around with a werewolf. I also find it hard to believe that someone like James Potter wouldn't choose a lion.

"pour herself a cup of tea (milk, no lemon)" - clearly the Sinister Man is not familiar with drinking tea.
    However, I do like that whatever mind magic the horcrux in Harry's scar used on the Dursley's is being discovered by a nosy reporter. That'll be interesting to see what happens next with.