1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Ties of Blood by WolfMoon -T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Rain, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

Title: Harry Potter and the Ties of Blood
    Author: WolfMoon
    Rating: T or PG-13
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Mystery
    Pairing: Minor pairings only
    Chapters: 18
    Words: 97,110
    Updated: Apr 30, 2008
    Published: Apr 3, 2005

Summary: On a dark summer night, Harry walks straight into a situation that will change his life forever when a vampire saves from him a Death Eater, and turns out to be a member of Harry’s family. A couple of OC’s minor relationships

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2334259/1/

A exceptional piece of work. The writer, WolfMoon, is incredibly talented (the long chapters are a plus as well) and the plot is probably as origional as they come. I'd post this somewhere else, perhaps in the Dark but Lightsided Harry section, but I'm not entirely sure it would fit in there so *shrugs* Here it is!

Oh, and I appoligize if I made any mistakes of conduct here. Not intentional I'm sure!

The author started to rewrite the story (but abandoned that one as well later on).

Title: Harry Potter and the Ties of Blood
    Rating: T
    Chapters: 19
    Words: 112,561
    Updated: Jul 16, 2008
    Published: Apr 30, 2008
    On a dark summer night, Harry walks straight into a situation that will change his life forever when a strangely familiar vampire saves from him a Death Eater. AU sixth year; some Canon; no pairings as yet. ABANDONED - if anyone wishes to pick this up, let me know.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4228543/1/Harry-Potter-and-the-Ties-of-Blood

Checked by Minion, March 7, 2014

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
  2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

its a good story that i've had on my check oftenlist for awhile now

The bad thing is, it is very very drawn out, to the point where he's at chapter 13 and nothing action wise other then the vampire bit has happened.

The author also totally screws up and sticks Harry back in Hogwarts, despite the fact that he spent months with a vampire, learning things, so of course he needs to go back to school to operate at a lvl much lower then he's capable of?

3. Rain

Ah well, if your looking, you'll always find mistakes.
    I found it one of the more 'realistic' ones. And those are rare in HP fanfiction.

4. Midknight

it's not so much "looking" as it is smacking you hard in the face. *shrug*

Its decent, but he's gotta pick it up a world more if it's worth continuing. Harry sticking up for Snapes vampire son was fine, but then you find out Snape was watching it the whole time, etc.

5. Rain

I rather liked the fact Snape was watching. Adds conflict. I've long since admitted that I was a Angst/Conflict junkie.

*Blinks and then laughs* What's the point of arguing about this anyway? Its not like my less-than-proven points will sway your opinion!

-exile

6. Midknight

we don't argue here, we discuss the fics till we're all bored and walk away after we've all forgotten what the fic was about

7. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Too long. GET TO THE ACTION!! and in Psychic Serpent, Harry isn't friends with Ron or Hermione, is he?

8. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Not a bad story. Part with Harry mentoring Snape's son is great too. Harry's progress is also rather nicely done, none of that "Become an ass-kicker in 14 days" bullshit.

It is somewhat drawn-out, but I guess that's due to it's realistic tone. I really hate it when authors insert some stupid scene with DE's attacking Diagon Alley during Harry's shopping trip, just so they could show off his brand new powers... That sucks more than logical, steady plot but with no action in sight.

Oh, and it irks me that Harry is still goody-good nice little boy, even after his turning. It just seems like the whole Vampire thing is no big deal and he's back to acting like he always had... But that could be just Dark/Independent voice in my head speaking...

9. fatal

fatal Backtraced

I really enjoyed this fiction. Although I do have a thing for vampires...

10. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    For me it is almost to slow getting into anything interesting. It seems to be a lot of descriptions and conversations and not much movement forward. However so far I have only made it to chapter 4 so it could change. But i have to say that of the many vampire fics I have read this one has one of the much better descriptions of vampire society.

11. Rain

I have to agree, now, I wish something would happen. I suppose the author is building up to some plot device (well, I hope all this waiting hasn't been for nothing) and the long updates have become very daunting..

I still think it is an enjoyable story to read, despite all that. It's rare to find something with Vampires (that isn't slash) written so well.

12. razz

razz Seventh Year

Agreed. Why are all the vampire fics slash anyway? I don't get it. How do you connect blood sucking to bum fucking? I've read 'Dracula' - did it in school last year. The hairy hands were gross, but I saw no reference to homosexulity whatsoever.

13. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

Is the link to this fic dead? I have seen this fic mentioned a lot and am quite keen, I understand it is not Slash, its taken me hours to find a non slash vamp fic and its doesnt work...

14. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

No, it's just FFN acting up...

15. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

It's quite weird... Harry and Hermione act more like a couple than Hermione and Ron, lol. I mean, I swear this smarter Harry is turning her on or something. Ron looks a bit possesive too, lol.

16. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    I don't really see why Ron is always possesive. Was he like that in HBP?

17. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I dunno... he was mainly shoving his tongue down Lavender Browns throat.

18. LINKed up

I feel sorry for Lavender. Just remember that saying that Ron is dumber than a glass of water is an insult to the glass of water.

19. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

yeah, hermione is absolutley loving Harry. Why she is with Ron, when he treats her like crap is behond me... and I wish the author would bluddy update the story...

20. LINKed up

Remeber, Hermione is just book smart. Not really any other kind of smart.