1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Harry Potter and the Year of Living Stupidly by Rainhawke - PG-13

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by cucio, Jun 1, 2017.

1. cucio

cucio Groundskeeper

High Score:
    Title: Harry Potter and the Year of Living Stupidly
    Author: Rainhawke
    Rating: PG-13
    Genre: Humor, Parody
    Status: Completed (<small class="storyinfo">119480 words)</small>
    Library Category: Humor
    Pairings: None, although Remus doing everyone is one of the running gags.
    Summary: Harry Potter's sixth year at Hogwarts is. . . boring! Just where the heck is Lord Voldemort, anyway? Doesn't he know there's supposed to be a war on? When Harry's life in the limelight looks threatened, he takes matters into his own hands.
    Link: http://www.fictionalley.org/authors/rainhawke/HPATYOLS01.html

This is an ancient (2005) crackfic, relatively popular in its time, so I thought it would have been reviewed here already. Since a reasonably thorough search didn't turn up any results and I didn't read anything against reccing oldies, here it goes, hoping someone still gets a few chuckles out of it.

Fair warning: as any other crackfic, it contains is a good amount of juvenile humor, including fart jokes, but even those are not entirely gratuitous. At some points it may become too much, and definitely it won't be to everyone's tastes. But the writing is solid, there is a semblance of an overarching plot and I found some of the jokes truly witty. Hagrid and Lucius have pretty memorable characterizations, for instance.

While there are differences, if you liked nonjon's most PWP-ful stories you may enjoy Rainhawke's too.

Overall 3.5/5 as a story, but with quite a few 5/5 gags. It is one of the few fics I occasionally go back to, to skip through some of my favorite scenes.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  2. Lukaskr

Lukaskr Fourth Year

X'd out before the first scene ended. Who wants to read a story where the main characters are retards?

3. Red

Red High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I dunno - it's decently written, but just not...good? Making dumb characters is a poor punchline. It also doesn't capture any of my interest, I was skimming much too soon into the story.

Barely 2/5 for me.

Sey