1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter Book 7: The TRUE STORY by 0freedom - T

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Hibiki, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Hibiki

Hibiki First Year

Title: Harry Potter Book 7: The TRUE STORY<O:p</O:p
    Author: 0freedom<O:p</O:p
    Genre: Parody/Humor<O:p</O:p
    Rating: T<O:p</O:p
    Summary: A Deathly Hallows Parody. Currently a work in progress. Rated T for language and sexual references.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3706472/1/Harry_Potter_Book_7_The_TRUE_STORY
    <O:p</O:p

This story features everything needed in a Parody. Chat speak, crude humor, Gangsta´ speaking, Rap, sexual references, alcohol. Let´s not forget the DumbledoreWorshipping!Harry.

<O:p</O:pRating Edited after reading it a second time: OKay it is worse but it has some moments i find funny: 2/5

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  2. Vengashii

Vengashii Banned

I might be insane at this point, BUT WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH ALL THE FUCKING SMILEYS?

EDIT: Took a look at the first paragraph and bolted. -5/5

3. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

n00b?

Fuck it. It hurts to read this shit.

1/5.

4. Solomon

Solomon Heir

...One chapter - if it such filth could even be called a chapter - was more than enough for me. Whoever wrote this needs to go find a fire and promptly die in it. If I could give it a 0/5 I would, but since I can't...

1/5.

5. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

I actually reviewed this thing!

1/5 only because I cannot go any lower.

Edit: I've skimmed through the reviews he got, and nearly fainted. A hundred reviews praising him as a genius, or this fanfic as the funniest one ever, or better yet, it being better than the real DH. Good Lord! I know many were not too satisfied with DH, myself included, but it must surely still be miles better than the tripe that the idiot wrote. What has humanity come to?

6. Vfan

Vfan Guest

If this DH parody meant to be a parody of how enjoyable fan fiction should be written it did its job in turning me away. I took one glance at the first chapter and closed the window right away when I saw all those caps and net speak. Still like Lucullus said it had all those positive reviews so I thought I would give it another chance. This time I managed three whole chapters before I couldn't stand it anymore. The only thing I can positively say is that the chapters were short so I didn't have to suffer long. 1/5

7. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

Too many smilies.

Please, get the fuck back to mugglenet.

8. Lorelei of the Sea

Lorelei of the Sea Unspeakable

Hasn't this been posted on the "Awesomely Bad" stories thread? It should have been, at any rate. 1/5<O:p</O:p

9. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I smiled for the first three paragraphs. I thought to myself 'Why is everybody bitching about this fic? It's funny!' Then I kept reading and my smile left. I read up to chapter four and the fic didn't even make me grin again past the 'Lucius your such a fairy boy' bit at the beginning of chapter one. And I'll admit that the only reason I probably found that funny was because it is a bit of an inside joke for me. Either I couldn't get past the raping of the English language to see the humor or the 'parody' just stopped being funny.

This fic? :stained

Needs moar Office. And Mitch, but that's been made 'Illegal'.

10. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

The author really should re-write this story. Sure, it made me laugh through 1/4 of the story, but he really shouldn't have butchered the language like that. 1/5 for me.

Richard.

11. Anarual

Anarual Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I will Quote the Author GTFO! N00b !

-10/5

12. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

Worst thing ever, I hated the twenty seconds I spent reading it and would like them back

Im not even going to rate this shit

13. Virusgod

Virusgod First Year

*blinks* I read about 3 lines, then closed the window. It made me ill.

.5/5 (at least he spelled stuff right...cept the 1337crap)

14. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Not quite as bad as you all make it out to be. It's bad – dreadful (not even worthy of adjectives like banal or horrific), but, I have found quite worse. It's not even really 1337 sp33k, just general internet slang. Things you'd come across if you played an MMO, or something. Average ffnet trash, hardly not the worst of things.

0/5 (you can go lower than 1!)

15. BlitzkriegAngel

BlitzkriegAngel Vayash Moru DLP Supporter

*whimpers* ... *huddles in corner crying*

This is a true piece of shit ... hell it aint even worth a 1/5, we need a lower rating.

16. Adam

Adam Second Year

Somehow, I made it through to Chapter 5. Then I puked.

I like parodies. I like comedy fics. This tried to be both and failed miserably. I like the whole idea though, just needs a competent writer to do it.

1/5.

17. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Meh. I didn't see what was so bad about it that would merit this kind of invective. It's not epic fan fiction but then, it's not meant to be.
    It's poking fun at DH in a ridiculous manner (hence the l33tsp34k) and, in many places, succeeds. At the very least, it made me chuckle. It's a very quick read so, if you find yourself not liking it, you haven't exactly wasted precious hours of your life.

I'd rather save my frustration for authors who hedge about the pairings until the middle of a story and then go 'Surprise! It's HP/SS slash!'

I won't make any excuses for the spelling and grammatical errors but I have seen far, far worse than this fic could ever hope to dish out and in fics that were actually supposed to be serious.

The obnoxious smilies in the OP's post are more offensive than this story is but that's not the story's fault. Honestly, members probably shouldn't post fics here until they have at least fifty posts or a few months of being registered under their belt, just so they have hopefully gained an understanding of what will and won't fly here. Maybe less, if they're the author (maybe).

Having said all of that, this probably shouldn't have been posted here. Still, I can't find myself getting bent all out of shape over a fic that took five minutes to read and at least provided a few cheap (but insightful) laughs at Hermione for being a bitch for the last two books and at the outrageously inappropriate for HP internet references.

God, how I wish he'd done that in the actual book.
    Now come on, you can't take anything so /b/tarded seriously. This story isn't 'serious business' and I can't help but feel the joke would be on me if I treated it as such.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007