1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter's Sixth Year in Bad Fanfiction by LargeMarge - K+

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Flamata, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Flamata

Flamata First Year

Title: Harry Potter's Sixth Year in Bad Fanfiction
    Author: LargeMarge
    Rating: K+
    Genre: Parody/Humor
    Summary: Trite phrases, overused plot devices, and other general insanity. Basically I'm making fun of bad fanfiction. So sue me. But don't really.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2097217/1/

This is, point blank, the funniest thing I have read in my life. This guy has managed to pull out EVERY cliche in fanfiction and beat the life out of it in the funniest way imaginable. Seriously. Be it time travel, Azkaban Harry, Severitus, Abusive!Dursleys, Redeemed!Draco, Animagus!Harry (his animagus form is a donkey) you name it, this story makes fun of it. Some quotes:

“What? What is it?” Harry asked. “Something to do with me? I have no secrets to hide from any of these people, Fudge, especially something coming from you.”
    Harry’s disdain seemed to anger Fudge. “Very well, Mr. Potter. I’ve only come to tell you that you’re under arrest for the murder of a whole bunch of minor characters, in addition to the entire muggle city of Houston, Texas and half of Russia.”
    Harry continued to stare at Fudge, slightly taken aback. “Is this a joke, professor?” he finally asked Dumbledore.
    Dumbledore shook his head sorrowfully and could not meet Harry’s eyes. “I’m afraid it isn’t, Harry,” he said firmly.
    “Harry! How could you do this?” Hermione shrieked. “We trusted you! The wizarding world trusted you!”
    “Hermione! I didn’t do it!” Harry jumped in quickly, surprised that his friend would turn on him so quickly. He glanced quickly around the group. Ron refused to meet his eyes and Ginny’s lips were trembling and tears were spilling down her cheeks. Even Draco wouldn’t look at him.
    “Look, I’m innocent, everybody!” he proclaimed. “Besides, why in the world would I want to kill all those people?”
    Ron finally met his eyes. “Because you’re evil. How could you join Voldemort and I never noticed it? You’re no friend of mine, Harry Potter.”
    Harry desperately looked around the group, frantic to find an ally in somebody, anybody. “Ginny?” he asked anxiously.
    “Oh, Harry,” she said piteously. “How could you do this to me? We were going to have babies together. Twenty-two fat, healthy babies. And play quidditch together after we’d put them to bed every night. How could you ruin my dream?” She ran off the field, sobbing.

“So, a Time Turner,” James mused, helping Harry to gather all the pieces of the broken object in hopes of putting it back together later. “Does that mean you’re from…the future?”
    “Yes, we are,” Harry confirmed.
    “Do I know you? You know, in the future?” James asked.
    “Well, you’re my father,” Harry said. Then he clapped a hand on his mouth. “Shouldn’t have said that.”
    “Your father? Really?” James looked intrigued. “Who’s your mother?”
    “Lily Evans,” Harry said, before clapping his hand over his mouth again. “Shouldn’t have said that either.”
    “Lily Evans? Really? Are we good parents?”
    “Well, you’re both dead.” This time Harry clapped both hands over his mouth. “Wow, shouldn’t have said that at all.”

Seriously, this is a must-read. Spelling and grammar is great, and the chapters are decent lengths. The only problem is that it hasn't been updated in a couple of months, but you're bound to get a couple of laughs-or a lot of laughs- from this so far. I definitely recommend it.

2. Jheph

Jheph Groundskeeper

Well, the fic didn't make me laugh. I feel that the author was just bashing the frequent Harry Potter fanfiction plots by writing his/her own absurd version. Some parts even made me feel stupid and I think to myself, “Why am I reading this?”…
    Terrible, not recommended!

3. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

It had its moments.... But not many. It felt forced and I donno... like bad fanfiction, but not the way the author wanted it to be.

I give it a 2/5

4. Olfrik

Olfrik Seventh Year

It lacks the real humorous style. It's just a collection of cliches, nothing else. Not recommended.

5. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

The characters' inconsistent talking about the fact that they are part of a "bad fanfiction" really bothers me. Not recommended.

6. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

Fourth wall failure.

If your characters are going to be aware that they're fictional, you really have to know what you're doing.

This author doesn't, and the humor/parody is forced and unfunny. 2/5

7. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

This author just seemed to want a excuse to parody every single cliche in one little package. The problem being however is that it doesn't work well. Not only that, but the humor is forced, and the author expects you to laugh really just because it's making fun of cliches.

Things like this:

Or this gem:

Skipping along a few chapters just for this gem:

Professor Hodgepodge? Emo Remus? :wall:

A/N or Fourth Wall attempt at humor in the middle of the story? :wall:

Going back a few chapters, I had to share this gem:

:rrou:

As to stop tormenting you the reader any further, if this fic wasn't readable it would be a 1/5. However, since I've seen worse spelling and grammar, a 1.5/5 in my book.