1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry The Jigsaw?, Dark Harry. H/Hr

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Bubbles, Apr 10, 2008.

1. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

God, is there anything better than coming back from a shit job, and finding that this person is getting raped over and over again? I'm loving the link to portkey, silly fucks.

Being called pervert, jerk, and immature. Funny.

Demoralizing and fucking with a person so bad they run crying back to their shit forum, and then reading about them consoling the little cunt. I shat myself laughing.

2. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Holy hopping horny Hestia's Batman!

If this thread results in a full scale invasion of Portkey, I may cry in joy.

As to what has happened in this thread... here's a summery.

Attached Files:

3. Jearom

Jearom Sixth Year

It's a shame, because the idea of a Harry as Jigsaw fic could be pretty cool. It could make for a great post-DH betrayed!Harry story, kidnapping various people and putting them in nearly impossible to escape scenarios. Force them to use their magic in ways they never thought possible to escape or die a horrible death.

On another note, has anyone noticed the increase in trolls lately?

4. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Yes. Though I'm attributing it to them realizing the whole "no registrations" thing is gone.

5. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Reading that on their forum was funny shit!

6. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

I'm soooo making an account on Portkey just to reply to that thread. Flame ideas?

7. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

Hit hard on the Emerson thing.

He's the guy (or girl, can't remember) who called 'em "delusional".

Start with "We're not as bad as Emerson; we're much, much worse," and go from there.:devil:

Or you could go with the calm, considered response. Explain that we don't tolerate stupidity, the idea is barely decent and barely legible, and Harry/Hermione here is ranked only slightly higher than Harry/Ginny. The idea is decent, but adding the whole "must end up Harry/Hermione!!!!!1!11!!!!" kills it. K?:)

8. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

Hmmm, wierd. I fill in all the details and it just comes up with a blacnk webpage with two words: 'Nice try'

WTF?

EDIT: Nevermind, after much refreshing I got in.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  9. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

Did you fill in the requisite six-digit field?

Otherwise they'll think you're a spam account or something.

Edit: Never mind.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  10. JoJo23

JoJo23 Unspeakable

I have posts, I'm not a fan-girl either. I challenge you to a dual to defend my honor.

11. IBG

IBG Seventh Year

[​IMG]

12. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh noes, the mods are watching you guys.

13. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Not only that. They made copies of that thread.

The Mods at portkey are hilarious. I told one of fangirls that her idea is shit and she should change couple of things if she was aiming for Dark!Harry (and you know their definition of Dark!Harry - uber!Hermione with retard!Harry and Dumbledore-bashing) in plain, harsh words (Your idea suck. Change it.)
    They didn't like so they suspended my account (an mistake of youth) and censored (sp?) my posts.

What a bunch of retards.

14. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

I get it. Portkey is one of those sites where, if you rock the boat, they throw you out of it. Of course, that doesn't happen here, does it?;)

Guess it explains why you never see any negative reviews on any story there. I mean, this would have been raped seven ways from Sunday here (In fact, that pleasure fell to me), but over there the worst it gets is this:

And hey, pstibbons has a Portkey.org profile too! The greatest TL; DR I've ever seen!

15. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

The portkey thread got locked by a mod, the best thing about that is the mods name: 'Harry/Hermione 4eva' *gags*

16. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

I still frequent Portkey nowadays.

I'll be the first to admit that most of the fics there fail by DLP's standards, but I simply need something to quench my H/Hr thirst. Because of the pairing, I tend to give most fics quite a bit of leeway before dropping them like a hot stone.

That said, I really feel like banging my head on the keyboard when I read some of the "stories" there.

Regarding reviews, I agree with the Doc that there are hardly any flames or negative comments on that site. When someone thinks a fic is shit and decides to voice out his/her opinion, the author tends to whine like a bitch, and the next thing you know, a mod deletes the review. There is simply no point in reviewing, hence I only time when I do review is if I want to flame the author to the high heavens and get a kick out of her reaction.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  17. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

The lulz are done. Hall of Shame.

18. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

Quoted for truth.:)

Though, that leeway usually only keeps me going until the fifth chapter or so, or if the story is really short.

Edit: They even deleted our posts on Portkey. Can't stand a little criticism?

19. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

This is why I am beginning to fucking hate this site, or, rather, all the new jackasses on it. You fools act like middle school kids picking on a nerd. You all gang up on the bandwagon and say the same thing pointlessly. Two or so people actually said what they thought was bad about his idea. The rest of you fuck wad, ass hats just said GTFO. I swear, GTFO was cool when Vash or whoever first said it, but it has fallen from glory since then. Isn't this supposed to be a site supporting intelligence? Find some or go back to whatever forum you came from. You are turning this one to sludge and it pisses me off.

Now, do any of you remember that old story where Harry opened some cube or something and these ghost/demon guys came out? Do you remember how everyone fucking LOVED IT? What difference is there between that one and this one? A different premise, somewhat, but the idea remains the same.

And, finally, trolling is amusing, but that is only when you aren't actually a troll. It is funny when you are fucking with someone's mind. Sadly, this site has been overrun with actual trolls with about as much wit as Darius.

20. Muttering Condolences

Muttering Condolences Card Captored and buttsecksed

HBP, you're thinking of Evil Be Thou My Good by Ruskbyte.

I think the idea of a Jigsaw!Harry is awesome. The only problem is that you can't have any competent wizard, like LV or AD, involved. They could just use some mysterious magic to get out, it's not plausible. Only fucktards like DM, RW, GW, HG, and so forth would work. They have no skill without wands, so it's plausible.

The only probable way to have AD and LV involved would be to have them as part of the challenges. Like the part in Saw 3 when the guy was stuck in the contortion device or in one of the first two where the chick and dude are caught in the reverse bear traps. When they have been deprived of magic and have no possible means of escape, only then can LV and AD be used in a story like this.