1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry's disinterest in women

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torol, Jul 12, 2022.

1. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

No such thing. I'm only partially joking. Libido doesn't take a back seat for something as abstract as your life going to shit. Oh, it'll go away if you're actually in the middle of a life-or-death situation, but otherwise? Nope.

When I was first arrested and I realized I was going to jail, and that I was in serious, end-of-life-as-I-knew-it shit, I still noticed that one of the deputies handling booking was hot as hell. I noticed her thoroughly enough that I still remember her 10 years later. And that was when I was in my early twenties. If I'd been fifteen or sixteen I can only imagine how much worse I would have been.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  2. Grenn

Grenn Banned

High Score:
    You can worry or be happy, then you slip and think an uncareful thought and your pants turn into a tent. Oh, and the next moment the teacher demands you to stand up and go to the blackboard. Every day. And don't forget the nights. That's when the dreams come.

Girls tend to think it's a personal choice instead of a biological imperative. The truth is, men's and women's puberties are two different things. The only choice is if you masturbate or try to will it through by pure determination.

3. Steelbadger

Steelbadger Death Eater

ITT: An awful lot of 'authoritative' blanket statements about how 'I experience my sexuality this way, and thus everyone else must too'. Even to the point of seemingly implying that other people are lying about their personal experiences.

Wild. What year is it, again?

For what little it's worth, during my teenage years it was my personal MO to focus all my romantic imaginings on one particular girl at a time. Typically, that would last for between half a year and two years before something would happen which would cause me to pay attention to someone else instead. From about 14 to 16 I was pretty much only interested in this one girl, then at the age of 16 this other girl wore her hair one day in a way which teenage me apparently thought was extremely attractive, and I pivoted almost instantly to having eyes only for her. Until six months later when I was told a different girl was interested in me, at which point I focused my attention on her instead.

If I was bored and sitting in an empty room with some other girls, might my mind wander and start to think about their features, and how attractive they were or were not? Yes, sometimes. I was very rarely in those situations, however, spending the majority of my school time talking absolute shit with my friends. When I was away from girls, the only person I'd typically think about would be the one I was interested in at that moment, not any of the others. Additionally, in the story of my life, those are certainly the first moments that would be cut for runtime.

So for me personally, Harry's behaviour feels entirely reasonable.

4. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It's simple: you can only have a soul mate bond with one person at a time.