1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    New Adventures always seem to mess up the App for a bit.

Kinda disappointed that the new one is an Adventure instead of Dungeon Run style. As much as I enjoy the story of this one, the Dungeon Runs have infinite replayability for me, and I still play 'em today.

2. Hymnsicality

Hymnsicality Seventh Year

Still chugging along in Wild Legend. The way that bonus stars works means that its heavily disincentivized to fuck around in legend because you might end up with x 10 instead of x 11 next season. So it's lucky that my pet deck, Galaxy Reno Mage, is fairly solid.

3. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

Anyone up on the recent news?

Hearthstone is finally getting Achievements:
    [​IMG]

1 is collect 135 unique cards in a set, you get a special cosmetic coin!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The 2nd cosmetic coin is rewarded for completing all 50 levels of the Reward Track with the Tavern Pass. That's right Hearthstone is revamping progression & rewards!!!

[​IMG]

The Reward Track is a map of rewards that can be earned during an expansion by gaining experience (XP) from completing Quests, completing select achievements, and playing the game in any mode. When a new expansion launches, all players will get a new Reward Track for that expansion. Complete all 50 levels on the Reward Track and you’ll get to choose from one of 10 all-new Hero Skins! Along the way, you’ll unlock a bevy of loot, including card packs from sets in Standard, Tavern Tickets that grant access to either Arena or Duels, the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire Card Back, an Epic card, two Legendary cards, and a ton of gold! You’ll receive 150 gold for every level you climb beyond level 50.

[​IMG]
    The Reward Track includes a free track for all players, and a paid track that can be unlocked by purchasing the Tavern Pass. Purchasing the Tavern Pass at any point during the expansion will immediately grant the Golden Silas Darkmoon Legendary card, a 10% XP Boost that lasts for the duration of the expansion, and all items up to your current level on the free track. As you progress with the Tavern Pass during the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire expansion you’ll earn additional XP Boost, the Annhylde Alternate Warrior Hero and Card Back, three Jaina Hero Skins, three Thrall Hero Skins, and one of Hearthstone’s first-ever collectible Cosmetic Coins!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Quest system is also seeing a revamp, with Quests now awarding XP on the Reward Track. We’ve also added Weekly Quests! At the start of every week (Monday at 12:00 a.m. PT), you’ll be given 3 new Weekly Quests to complete, which are a little more difficult than your average Daily Quest. Like Daily Quests, you can reroll 1 Weekly Quest per day. While they now award XP, Daily Quests are functionally the same. We’re also pleased to share that Legendary Quests will no longer override your Daily Quests! Legendary Quests are a series of special event quest that cannot be rerolled.

New Expansion launches November 17. Hearthstone Duels Early Access launches October 22. Hearthstone Duels Season 1 starts November 17. Progression and Rewards system updates launches November 12.

4. Mister Ferro

Hearthstone: Duels:

upload_2020-10-23_8-56-53.png

Welcome to Duels, a new competitive Hearthstone game mode that changes every season! In Duels, you’ll choose a Hero, a Hero Power, a starting Treasure, and build a 15-card starter deck from your collection before facing off against a series of worthy human opponents—Dungeon Run-style! Devise your path to victory by enhancing your deck after each match with minions, spells, and powerful Treasures to aid in increasingly difficult encounters with other players!

[​IMG]
    When you start a Duels run, you’ll choose a Hero, a Hero Power, and starting Treasure. Then, you’ll build a starter deck of 15 cards from your Collection and play your first match. In its debut season, Duels will include a curated assortment of cards from a number of sets, including:
    • Scholomance Academy
    • One Night in Kharazan
    • Curse of Naxxramas
    • Basic
    • Classic
    After the match is over, you’ll gain additional health, and get to level up your deck by picking one of three sets of cards categorized by theme. Occasionally, you’ll also be able to pick from a selection of three incredibly powerful Treasures!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Duels: Early Access Twitch Drops
    [​IMG]
    From October 28 at 10:00 a.m. PT to November 11 at 11:00 p.m. PT, we’ll also be giving away Duels: Early Access to 500 random viewers every hour, across the entire Hearthstone category on Twitch! Watch any Hearthstone stream to be eligible to receive a drop, so long as your Battle.net and Twitch accounts are linked.

5. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Only thing that interests me is how much effort getting the tavern pass is.

If they kill off a way to trivially get the tavern pass for free it might finally rid me of my addiction to this terrible game.

6. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think Duels is great except for one feature - needing to have cards. I'm a Rogue player, I only have Rogue cards. I dust everything else.

This actively punishes me for that.

Thankfully Battlegrounds is all I really play anyway, so not a huge deal.

I still think the biggest issue with this 'terrible' game is with how awfully it runs. It's so anti-blizzard to have such a poorly running product that it actually infuriates me at this point.

7. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Anyone else excited about the upcoming rotation? I'm actually really really hyped for it.

Tons of new archetypes are coming in, it looks like fighting for board is going to matter again, the new rewards track looks alright and the introduction of a free core set so new players can actually play the game is just good business.

I've theory crafted a couple of decks, but I'm most excited to play beast Hunter with Dire Frenzy back and with actual support for it. I hope the Mill Warlock archetype works out at least well enough for it to account for a couple of percent played so the OTK decks stay gone for a bit. I /think/ most of the aggro decks aren't too busted and allow for counterplay, but that's always wait and see.

What will you guys be playing? Interested in Classic at all? I might play a couple of games, but I don't think that'll last for more than a couple of weeks. We'll see.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    No interest at all in classic.

It'll take a while to wrap my head around the new meta, but I'm really excited for Wildfire mage and spell schools in general.

Unfortunately, Tickitus still exists, so I'm still super salty.

9. Jarizok

At least Locks might start using it to burn their own cards now, so there’s that.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    Hah.

It just makes me so mad. I understand wanting a way to disrupt combo, but I've no counterplay as control for it aside from voljin after they play a 6+ cost card and hoping...

Feelssobadman

I'm locked into Mage for a long while yet. I need to unlock my (fire) Queen. It's pretty funny that rogue finally got some quality value tools as i switched mains though lol...

11. Mister Ferro

I'll check out Classic since I have a full collection now. It'll be fun playing decks that I never played back then.

Where are y'all @ gold wise with the reward track? I just crossed 9.5k gold & I never had more than 5.5k gold before new expansions.

I'll also buy the Tavern Pass for the sexy Priest hero & Diamond Legendaries.

12. Jarizok

I’m at 220 gold like a boss.

13. Gengar

High Score:
    around 8k gold. And I only ever play HS on the toilet. I usually hover around 1-5 Diamond too, where no fun is allowed...

I'm unsure what I hate more. Ticketus or Penflinger. I'd take aggrogue all day over that shit.

14. Jarizok

Classic went live about 3.5 hours ago, but more importantly to me, the un-nerfs are here for the 5 days until rotation. Rocketed straight to legend with 'Highlander' Priest running double Power word: Shield and double Veilweaver. What a difference one card can make.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    Hm. I've been really unimpressed with secret keeper in secret Mage. I wonder if mana wyrm is better?

16. Gengar

High Score:
    The fuck, i logged in and got +100 ranked Mage wins...?

17. Jarizok

Yeah I had suddenly reached 1000 Ranked/Arena/Duels wins as well. Don't think they had the combined achievement before. I was excited for a second because of all the golden cards I was getting, but meh, all Core set cards. Still pretty cool though.

Anyway...

This deck has got me ridiculously hyped. The synergies are out of this world! (Heh, Celestial, get it? :D)

Early, the name of the game, like it usually is when playing Druid, is ramp. We are not, however, running good old Wild Growth. Quite simply, there's much better ways to ramp your way to victory these days! There's Overgrowth of course, for double the tempo (and how does a Nordrassil Druid into Overgrowth turn 5 sound to you guys!?), but there's also Imprisoned Satyr, our Demon for N'Zoth, God of the Deep, and best and most interesting of all, the new Razormane Battleguard!

I didn't see any of the Celestial decks play Razormane Battleguard during the theorycrafting stream, and that's insane to me. Not only can you manacheat your way into opportunities to Overgrowth/Nourish/Celestial Alignment, it's also incredibly useful for Corrupting your Dreaming Drake/Strongman/Carnival Clown's (they're all taunts!) before and most notably AFTER you've played Celestial Alignment. Without Razormane Battleguard, you can't corrupt anything after your Celestial Alignment play. With it, you can corrupt any/all of them by playing literally ANY card except Taunts after you play your Razormane Battleguard, and then immediately PLAY any of them FOR FREE.

Ab-so-lute-ly BONKERS!

But wait, there's more!

Imprisoned Satyr, Dreaming Drake, Circus Amalgam, Claw Machine, Druid of the Plains, Primordial Protector.

All pretty good, right? Well, just play a couple of them in the course of the game and then slam N'Zoth, God of the Deep for that epic turn!

Need Taunts? Got Taunts!

Need clears? Rush 'm!

Need draw? Still Rush 'm! (+3/+3 on one of your Carnival Clown's wouldn't be the worst thing in the world either)

Need to prep your hand so you can follow up with a Celestial Alignment next turn and have Imprisoned Satyr reduce one of your cards to 0 at the start of the following turn so you can play more than 1 card even though you're at 1 mana while your opponent is stuck playing a measly 1 card?

Okay, maybe that last one is a bit of a reach.

OR IS IT!?

Lightning Bloom, Nature Studies, Living Seed (Rank 1), Lunar Eclipse, Razormane Battleguard, Nordrassil Druid, Nourish, Y'Shaarj, the Defiler.

What do these cards have in common, you ask?

All of them, all 11 of these cards (some of them are in your deck twice), will allow you to play more cards after you play them, even at 1 mana. And your opponent is still stuck playing curve! Hah!

"But what if you don't draw Celestial Alignment? You can't build an entire deck around 1 card!"

That's where you're wrong, random 'Stoner!

Or, well, you're not wrong that building an entire deck around 1 card is bad. But this deck is still extremely strong even if your 2 Celestial Alignment's are the last 2 cards of your deck!

- You've got your ramp.

- You've got multiple ways to smoothen your curve: Lightning Bloom, Nature Studies, Living Seed (Rank 1), Lunar Eclipse,Razormane Battleguard, Imprisoned Satyr, Nordrassil Druid.

- You've got some super strong 8/9/10 cost plays; Primordial Protector pulling Survival of the Fittest or Cenarion Ward, maybe add a free Strongman in case your summon doesn't have Taunt. We've already discussed N'Zoth, God of the Deep and Y'Shaarj, the Defiler/Carnival Clown's, and there's a Mark of the Spikeshell for a potential FREE 8/8 Strongman for tempo or 6/6 Carnival Clown's for value.

Basically, this deck is super strong. I think.

What do you guys reckon?

It's possible to maybe drop 1 (each) of Druid of the Plains or Carnival Clown and put some more early stuff in if the meta gets too fast? Or maybe put in another good beast and Guardian Animals? That might make Living Seed (Rank 1) overkill though...

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  18. Gengar

High Score:
    The strongest thing that deck does is play the second celestial after you've demolished their board. Kinda win then, not much saves them after that. Maybe Reno? New Deathwing?

19. Jarizok

New Deathwing could be very good in this, yeah. Maybe put it in instead of one of the clowns.

Edit: Yeah, it's even better with Deathwing and the second bloom instead of living seed and second amalgam.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  20. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

@Jarizok Two posts up is one giant link, might want to fix that.

I've been making the most of the unnerfs by soaring up the ladder with the only class and style I ever got to Legend with.

Starving Buzzard Hunter.