1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Silly

Silly Third Year

High Score:
    Here is a Mech Mage list that hit high legend about a month ago. If you want to make changes, I'd say the most flexible spots in the deck to replace are the Unstable Portals and Azure Drakes, followed by maybe one Annoy-o-Tron, the Tinkertown Technician, and possibly the Fel Reavers. Other good possibilities for the deck are adding Mad Scientist + Secrets, or maybe adding Antonidas for some more late game. Having something like Flamecannon in the deck doesn't hurt either.

Control Mage has a lot of variants. They play mostly the same control cards (Flamestrike, Poly, Duplicate, Ice Block etc.) but their win condition differs from deck to deck. For example one variant is Echo Mage, which aims to swarm your opponent with giants in the late game. Another more standard (though slightly outdated) list is here. There are even Control variants that play Majordomo Executus as their top end, to win grindy control mirrors.

2. FreakLord

FreakLord Professor DLP Supporter

Can people add me as a friend on the Americas? DarthAraknus#1394. None of my friends are into Hearthstone.

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

FreakLord added you.

If anyone wants to add me it's GodTheEnder#1270

4. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

I sent friend requests to FreakLord and our dear Demon Mayor.

My id is MisterFerro#1211 if anyone wants to add me.

5. Troy

Troy Seventh Year

Im 0-5 for this weeks tavern brawl, not including two people who roped out deliberately. Lowest I got him down to was 32 health so far.
    Anyone beat him?

6. Ankan

Ankan Professor

Quite easy to beat him if you play with a friend and atleast use some basic communication.

Also, try to flood the board with your silver hand recruits etc. They are great for subverting damage from the boss.

7. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

I'm 2-2 against him today. My last game was lost due to my opp deliberately healing zod which caused me to die.

8. Troy

Troy Seventh Year

I just got him with a friend while we talked over skype. He also assassinates the strongest minion so you have to spread buffs over multiple minions, and not attack with the weaker ones, unless they have divine shield.

9. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Co-op brawl is incredibly fun. We lose more often than we win, and that's great!

10. redlibertyx

redlibertyx Professor

It's such a stellar idea. I love it and I'm like 1-4; just the whole cooperative angle is really cool. Tavern Brawl has really re-invigorated my love of this game.

11. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I just played nine games in random co-op. I lost every time I played Priest (4 games), and won every time I played Paladin! Good fun, this brawl.

My paladin tips:
    • Try to keep the coin until you really need it, because it's better served for helping combos. If you get Cho, you can pass it on.
    • Save up your buffs if you can until you have a way of protecting them via divine shield, or until you can spend them on a high-damage minion.
    • Try to keep Cho and buffs until they throw down Milhouse if at all possible.
    • Keep any low attack minions on the board to be targets for his random attacks. I basically don't attack early game until it's significant.
    • Focus on healing yourself more than the priest. Assume they'll be able to get lightwells down.
    • Bolvar Fordragon isn't particularly useful.
    • Priest's minions that gain attack when any character is healed are extremely good. Try to hit them with divine shields.

12. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I pulled off a kings kings might seal divine divine combo with millhouse down, on my partner's troggzor. got him to like 80something attack, with 4-5 copies jacked up.

Good times. Palindrome has the right of it - your job as the paladin is just to spam hero power and play healing minions to soak the random attack and protect face until you get to 9-10 mana, and can millhouse combo something for the OTK.

The priest does all the damage - you're just a token generator and facilitator.

13. FreakLord

FreakLord Professor DLP Supporter

I played 2 games with @stewiethegangster. Won both of them. First one, he put millhouse and I got a minion upto 26 and was able to attack with it twice with divine shield. Second game, I summoned millhouse and he was able to summon cho and cast a lot of spells. I used the spells again later to get one of my minion to 42 attack.

But, I think in both of our games, Paladin did the most damage.

14. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Watching my Priest partner use Light of the Naaru multiple times on full health minions is the most frustrating thing I've ever witnessed.

He wasn't throwing the game on purpose, either.

15. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    So I just learned the hard way that if your board is full by the time Mechazod comes to your side he fucking assassinates YOUR ENTIRE BOARD AAJSFJGKSJSHGJGKGKSKSH24JFBFS

16. Idiot Rocker

Idiot Rocker Auror

This is literally the only tavern brawl I've wanted to play twice. I was lucky enough to have an experienced paladin roll with me on the first round. Guy got all his buffs out in one turn. We almost lost, but managed to scrape by with 10ish health to Mechazod's 4 when he was at 16 attack. Scary shit

17. Silly

Silly Third Year

High Score:
    It might have just been the novelty, but I still think my favorite tavern brawl was the first one.

18. redlibertyx

redlibertyx Professor

I have a feeling we're going to see this mechanic in the next adventure/campaign. But instead of cooperating with a player we'll have to cooperate with a boss before their sudden and inevitable betrayal.

19. Silly

Silly Third Year

High Score:
    Have you seen the stupid things the AI tends to do? I'm really afraid of being on the same team as a boss.

20. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My friend and I did this today, it was super fun and probably easy to program.

I want a boss mode where they just add a new 'boss' every fortnight. Brilliant.

As for the boss itself, the strat we eventually used that made things easy was spreading buffs over 4+ minions and liberal use of divine shield.

MM and Cho are just bonuses.

Mostly killed it with Troggs and those heal boosters.