1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Ah, okay.

I was misinformed then.

Doesn't seem completely terrible I guess, but lol more RNG.

2. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

Eh, at least it takes some skill to choose the correct card for the situation. Pretty much like drawing a card.

3. Eidolonic

I'm interested in Brann.

3 mana 2/4, doubles effects of battlecries when in play.

Turn 8 - Brann + Healbot = heal for 16, with 2 bodies on board.

And I mean...hello Mill Rogue. Can combo him and multiple oracles on one turn for some insane finishing mill + fatigue. Both players draw 4 cards per oracle.

4. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

4/17 Twilight drake.
    Fire elemental does 6 damage.
    Houndmaster gives +4/+4
    Abusive Sergeant gives +4 attack
    Darnassus Aspirant gives 2 mana crystals.

That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are unbelievable things that Brann can do.

---------- Post automerged at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Mistcaller with +2/+2

---------- Post automerged at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Pit lord with 10 damage to face for the early molten giants value. Kappa.

5. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

Leeroy now spawns 4 1/1's.
    Summon two random beasts with Ram Wrangler.
    Quartermaster gives +4/+4.
    Dark Iron Skulker Flamestrikes undamaged enemy minions.
    Doctor Boom: now with four Boom Bots.

6. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Ostkaka just won the semifinal against thjs with a disgusting Alex topdeck against thjs' dragon Priest.

Holy fuck. I am so irrationally mad right now. Thjs deserved that win. Ostkaka was literally about to die and he draws the Alex on the last possible turn he could feasibly use it.

God damn.

7. bolko7

bolko7 Second Year DLP Supporter

Hearthstone is just a little too random at times, but that is part of its charm. Plus luck in card games is very imported :)

8. Eidolonic

Eh. He was aggressively fishing for it, and that's just...how freeze mage works.

I do wish Thijs would have won, and Thijs and Ostaka are clearly the two best players in the tournament, but such is life.

9. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

LoE is live for NA!!!!!

10. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Finished it this morning. So fun!

...so brief T_T

11. Prowz

Prowz Squib

Compared to Blackrock and Naxx, how do you guys think this adventure will hold up?

12. Gengar

High Score:
    So far, it's way more fun and creative. The first 'wing' is a heist. Defeat the Djinn guarding the temple (boss 1), steal the staff from the tomb's master (boss 2) and escape from said tomb (boss 3).

The fights themselves are unique and fun too.

13. Eidolonic

First wing was a blast. Regular is obviously super simple, but still enjoyable.

Had a tough time, but knocked out heroic mode too, which was super challenging, especially the second one.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    Second one was cake for me.

I made a priest deck with SW:p and silence. Silence when the rod's on your side to remove it from the game :D

Struggled with the first one though. Then I realized I could use wishes with Flamewalker...

15. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

Heroic was way easier than in the previous adventures. Won all on first try and no need for fancy decks, just used standard constructed decks with a few tweaks.

16. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

Reno Jackson is so damn fun when he can activate his ability.

I put him in a 1 copy Paladin deck along with Chromaggus as late game card draw + multi copy minions.

My third game playing the deck was against Tempo Mage and Reno was used for 26 life game on turn 8, I immediately brew-mastered him back to my hand with young panda. I was able to use him a second time for 23 life gain and that was the point the opponent conceded.

17. Eidolonic

Freeze mage with the new torch spell is really good.

Like, scary good.

I got an emperor off on a hand full of spells and 30-0'd someone after having to use alex on myself to heal.

Torch x2, Frostbolt x1, Icelance x2, Fireball x1 were all reduced for 29 dmg on 8 mana, and pinged for lethal.

The extra reach the deck adds is obscene, plus being able to use the torch to clear early minions while saving frostbolts to go with icelances for extra burst.

18. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

I'd love to put torch in my freeze mage, but I'm scared of pushing my more important cards further down in my deck.

19. Idiot Rocker

Idiot Rocker Auror

Maybe the way to think about it is that the first torch draw is removal. On the second it's part of your end game combo (or late game removal of a big-ish threat). The recycling into your deck is a bit annoying, but if it's now fulfilling a dual purpose then it might not be so bad.

I feel like torch is less useful without Thaurissan in late game with the standard allotment of spells. He really affects the curve and allows you to eek out extra damage that fireball doesn't.

It'd be interesting to see if torch could actually replace fireball for a lower curve+flexibility. With a first late game draw of a torch (at 3 damage) you'd still be able to ping for combined lethal provided an Alex dropped on the previous turn. The problem, as I see it, is that it doesn't really get you much more than running fireball.

17 damage for 9 mana (Torch-6, frostbolt-3, ice lance-4, ice lance-4, ping-1).
    vs
    17 damage for 10 mana (Fireball-6, frostbolt-3, ice lance-4, ice lance-4, ping-1).

But with the risk of hitting

15 damage for 9 mana (Torch-3, frostbolt-3, ice lance-4, ice lance-4, ping-1).

instead to gain some flexibility with torch as early game removal. The real question is whether that one extra mana could ever possibly matter. With the Thaurissan drop on a full hand we end up with some pretty cool, but highly situational, synergy. Instead we get

17+ damage for 5 mana (Torch-6, frostbolt-3, ice lance-4, ice lance-4, ping-1).
    vs
    17+ damage for 6 mana (Fireball-6, frostbolt-3, ice lance-4, ice lance-4, ping-1).

and in our worst case

15+ damage for 5 mana (Torch-3, frostbolt-3, ice lance-4, ice lance-4, ping-1).

I think it's at this point that the extra mana would make a difference to really knock the shit out of your opponent. A second torch, or fireball combination would push the kill range up by between 9-12 damage at an exact cost of 5 mana w/ a Thaurissan drop. That means you could, in an ideal world, net a kill at someone sitting on between 26-29 hp. Live the dream.

Tempo storm has got a shiny new deck list out that kind of plays with this idea. I'm still not totally convinced though. Anyone tried running anything similar yet?

This is all from someone who's arguably garbage at freeze mage mind you. So who knows if I'm anywhere close to right.

20. Eidolonic

Hasn't been a problem yet in 20+ games.

It makes drawing certain cards less critical.

And with 2 acolytes, 2 loot hoarders, 2 arcane intellects, and Thalnos, drawing through things rapidly isn't a huge problem regardless.

The torches act as removal the first time through anyways, which further cycles through deck just by stalling a bit.

---------- Post automerged at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Only run 1 fireball, and run it more as removal than as burn, really. Antonidas is still a thing.