1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Help with the Plot?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Amerision, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Ok, I'm writing Chp 4 of Temptations and I've come to a crossroads.

Please respond only if you've read the story - I want things in context.

Harry, after battling the Death eaters at Privet Drive is taken to Grimmauld Place.

Should Harry be feared for his slaughtering of the Death Eaters or not?

Should Harry stay there and escape time to time to do some Death Eater hunting. (And bone Tonks time to time)? This results in confrontations between him and Albus, who thinks Harry is Voldemort due to his dueling style.

Should Harry escape Grimmauld completely, and go Death Eater hunting, with the same confrontation between him and Albus. (Albus thinks Harry is Voldemort due to the dueling style)

Or should Harry just go on some Vacation, indulging in booze, sex, drugs, and nightclubs, all the while infiltrating Death Eater meetings/activities and taking them out one by one?

Should Harry go Hitman? He needs money as Gringotts is monitored?

Combination?

Any extra suggestions are helpful. Thanks.

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    i'm going to go for option c) Harry just go on some Vacation, indulging in booze, sex, drugs, and nightclubs, all the while infiltrating Death Eater meetings/activities and taking them out one by one?

I would avoid the Harry-Albus confrontation - if there's ever the risk of falling into the indy!Harry-Dumbledore 2 page rant, thats it.

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I dunno... c) really sounds like a waste of time to me. Him just fucking around while important things happen on the side. Id rather important things happen with fucking around on the side.

Ablus shouldnt confront him too early but he can have his doubts about who Harry really is.

4. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

I think it should be a combination of b) and c); with Harry pulling a 'Punisher' style interrogation on the higher ranking Death Eaters, like Malfoy Sr., Bellatrix, etc.

I also agree that the Harry-Albus confrontation should be held off for as long as possible.

5. Amerision

I don't mean a confrontation as in "Hey you're Harry Potter...go back to Grimmaudl Place."

I mean it like Harry is busy doing....something illegal or dark, and the Order comes in. Dumbledore comes in sone time later and duels a cloaked Harry who everyone assumes to be Voldemort, as seen by his red eyes that are visible under the hood.

Beacause of the knowledge drain, Harry duels exactly like Voldemort, and since Harry got Ak'd by him when he was a baby, their magical signatures are identical. Hence, even Dumbles think its Voldemort. He won't know it until waaaaaaaaay later in the story that it was Harry. Harry gets away, btw.

6. True Story

True Story Third Year

Umm.....why exactly does Harry need to be doing anything with Death Eaters? Have him just chill without going to the club and crap....maybe an international dueling tournament being held and he gets tickets, watches, sees it's a profession he could like and enters the ameteur circuit. Harry is fairly intelligent in your story so he should be able to figure out at least once a year he will run into a death eater or two so all he has to do is wait.

Him being on the dueling circuit could replace quiditch in your story. Adn harry should really be smart enough to at least try to learn a new dueling style to mask Voldemort's own, or at least tweek it a bit [Having Voldie's exact style would raise a few questions]. Make him use more charms than just straight curses or transfiguration liek Voldemort does. That would bring him closer to Dumbledore's style. And if he enters the duelign circuit this could finally lead to some Flitwick-Harry interaction people around here have been wanting to see.

7. Amerision

You know, you're right. My Harry doesn't exactly have that much motivation to go Death Eater hunting....

8. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

Yayyy!
    Thanks for not using the idea of DE hunting one by one. I intended to use in my story which I write right now.
    So obviously I'm against any Hitman!Harry :)
    But if you do want to write this idea then I don't have a say.

9. True Story

True Story Third Year

Harry-Voldemort is supposed to be a sociopath correct? HE's supposed to be hell bent on getting people to respect/follow him correct? Voldemort has never had nor had want for a true friend in his life correct? Have Harry use people to get into a better position of power...eventually forming a political party or something and using his fame to his advantage. He could still go about killing people but covertly killing those who oppose him.....Hell he could make it look like Voldemort. And make sure guerilla warfare is employed in the story....I doubt Voldemort has enough forces to pursue a conventional campaign. And people always assume that because Hogsmeade is the only fully wizarding settlement in England that the wizarding pop. is very small...this is not necassarily so, you could have other towns like diagon alley in different muggle cities. And hell you could have a wizarding city in Ireland or something of the sort.

You could have Harry move through liek Bismark and make politcal alliances against his enemies isolating them first. Then destroying them when they have no allies.

"To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."
    Sun Tzu

10. Amerision

Tough Luck Buddy :)

Harry will go Death Eater hunting, but its not going to be like anyhting you've seen before. Trust me, you'll love it. Its not going to be the gay "...I'm gonna follow MacNair to his house and then kill him, hehehehhe!".

Oh, and Inner Circle members will show exactly WHY they are inner circle members.

11. True Story

True Story Third Year

THANK GOD!!

I HATE it when the inner circle sucks donkey balls....I hate it so much, and please, don't make Snape a piece of crap, he is Voldemort's most trusted this is known from HBP. I hate the man too but it's unrealistic to believe that he's such crap that he could be bested by Harry training for two months[not you're story, I'm reffering to others]. Please have Fenrir in the story as well, his character has potential....

Death eater hunting seems so useless......but that can pass I suppose....Have Voldemort change up times, schedules and plans now that Harry has all of his memories....it would be foolish not to. And if Harry is going to go death eater hunting have him where a mask or something so if they escape they can't go informing everyone of his dueling prowess, etc.

P.S. It is unrealistic to believe that the worlds two most powerful wizards and best duelers both reside in England. I believe that is just bias and that there are people out there who are as skilled as Voldemort and Dumbledore if not more so. These people probably number less than 20 but it's unrealistic to believe that Voldemort's and Dumbledore's skill levels are unmatched by anyone.

And I really don't want to be the one to bring it up [since i'll probably get alot of flack for it], but, watching Naruto gave me the idea....Since there are aparrently bloodline limits[parselmouth] in the Potterverese shouldn't other families around the world have soem too and not just Slytherin's?

12. Amerision

I full intend on making use of more wizarding communities. Most fanfiction limit Harry to Diagon and Knockturn Allies, Hogwarts, the Ministry of Magic, and Grimmauld Place.

I'm gonna probably put something like Thor Nairda's Wizarding Las Vegas in it as well.

As a sociopath, Harry's gonna build up underground rep, but stay away from real public recognition for a while.

Yea, I know, there are probably really powerful wizards elsewhere, but I doubt they could best Voldemort or Dumbledore. It's not that unlikely that there are three really powerful wizards in Britain, though.

Dumbledore was the only "natural" powerful wizard that was born from sheer luck. His position as the most powerful wizard in the world was given when he beat Grindelwald.

Voldemort went through all those rituals, and right now can match Dumbledore. His aim being to defeat Dumbledore, he eventaully came to match his power and skill. I mean, his greatest enemy being a wizard liek Dumbledore, it didn't take much time for him to frow in skill. This shows that he wasn't really strong before. I guess If you REALLY want to, you can become a powerful wizard by going through all these Dark Rituals. Had Voldemort grown up in Mongolia or something, his skill would be a reflection on the skill of his greatest enemy there. It was just a coincidence that he grew fighting the strongest wizard alive. Had he not, his power and skill would not have been that great.

Harry's power wasn't a coincidence either. His power comes from the "The Dark Lord will mark him as his equal" and the prophecy itself.

And yeah, it does seem stupid that Harry can suddenly defeat wizards that fully trained Auror Squadrons can't take out, doesn't it?

Another thing, what exactly is a Hit-Wizard? They aren't magical hitmen, because they are government employed, so waht are they?

13. True Story

True Story Third Year

I'm sure there are other people like Voldemort out there that crave power and recognition. And would go through rituals to get it and study the darkest of ats etc. Hit wizards are wizarding police that do not deal with dark wizards according to the lexicon. Arours are a branch of hit wizards that deal with dark wizards. I think that there is a magical army as well but there is no evidence to support this theory in the books so.....And hey chances are that there was another 'Dumbledore'-like character born half way around the world.

Six billion people in the world and you mean to tell me that the three most uncontestedly powerful/knowledgable are Harry, Voldemort and Dumbledore? That would be a coincidence like none other.

Make Harry do the hired wand crap [bounty hunter]. You can get him out of going to Hogwarts by making him take his NEWTs early. You could do this with most standardized exams you just have to pay extra. I did it with my O-Levels. The only problem is that the exams are normally held in January or June so he has a bit of time to wait.

Have Harry make an acronym out of his name to use in it's stead that would be hillarious

You know who I've never seen Harry bang in a story? Blaise Zabini's mother....You should definately have Harry screw her.

Quite easy way for Harry to get rich off of Voldemort's knowledge...invent the wizard equivalent of a television along with other muggle items that are totally changed for use by wizards....none of that technomancy babble have him create magical versions of them. Don't forget the computer and the internet....yesssss......he would definately be rich.....

P.S. I have some crazy spells you could use but you would have to think up names for them yourself. PM me before 8 o'clock tommorow night because I'll be dismantling the computer so it won't distract me [I have exams in six weeks, I need to start studying]. I'll give you all the spell discriptions...VERY original.....as in you have never heard of spells like these..... :twisted:

14. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

Claiming mad-eye to be sadistic and killer is contarary to GOF which planely stated he refianed from killing unless absolutely forced to.

15. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I'm into the vacation thing, actually. I find it quite hilarious to have Harry let the sheep get slaughtered while he goes out and has a good time drinking and fucking hot Muggle girls. To Hell with the wizarding public and Voldemort. I'd love to read a fic where he just takes off and lives it up abroad while Voldemort basically steamrolls over Merry Old England.

16. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Well, you'll first need to figure out what Harry's agenda is at the moment; Purely survival, saving his friends, just having fun or gaining power in the wizarding world? Does he wants to become the next dark lord or a legal ruler (next minister of magic)? Or does he simply wish to be well off respected citizen? Or just left alone in the muggle world? Is he against muggles and mudbloods? What does he think about Voldemort?

Once you figure that out, you need to determine his power level. Is he as more or less powerful than Voldemort? Does he has all of Voldemort's knowledge? And can he use it right away, or must he meditate/train first?

Figure these two out, and you'll then be able to determine Harry's future agenda: training or not, forming his own army or working alone, killing people indiscriminately or just his enemies etc...

Once you got that, THEN you can even consider planning a real plot: going to hiatus and having some fun, traveling the world following Voldemort's footsteps, pretending that he's still ordinary while building up his own army, going on a killing spree, infiltrating death eaters etc...